Game Introduction - Hay Day
Hay Day is a farming simulation game from Supercell in which you will build a farm, tend crops, and earn lots of money in the process. Making sure you have a farm that can cut the mustard can make all the difference in a game like this, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get playing Hay Day as quickly as possible, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. The game is a free download, so there is absolutely no risk to trying it out for yourself.
- You will need an active internet connection in order to play Hay Day, so make sure yours is stable before attempting to play the game.
- Once you’ve started the game, an introduction video will play showing you what to expect from the game including the setting and goals.
- Eventually you will meet Mr. Wicker, a scarecrow that will help guide you through the game and build your farm.
Building and Managing your Farm
- At this point is where you will start building and managing your farm, so let’s go over how to do so.
- One of the first actions we will need to learn how to do is harvest crops. To harvest crops, all you have to do is tap on them when they are fully-grown.
- Once they’re fully grown, tap on one square of crop and then on the scythe icon that pops up. You can hold on the scythe and then drag across the entire group of crops to harvest an entire group of crops at once.
- Planting crops is done largely the same way. Tap on an empty plot, and then on one of the available crops. You can then drag the crop around the plots until all of the empty plots have seeds planted in them.
- Once a crop fully grows, it will multiply the supply you own, so you will always be making money on each crop you plant. Always make sure to have crops growing, even if you won’t have time to harvest them for a while.
- You can customize some of the buildings that are around the farm. The farmhouse can be painted by tapping on it, and then on the paint brush icon. Dragging the icon over the house will completely paint it, giving it a fresh look in the process.
- You can then take these painting skills and use them in several of the buildings scattered throughout the farm. If you don’t like the color or look of some of the buildings, try painting them as an alternative.
- Having barnyard animals on your farm is a crucial point of success, so let’s go over how to buy them.
- There will be an animal pen located on your farm. Tap on it to access the animal store menu.
- From here, there will be various tabs you can pick from with plenty of items to choose from.
- In the animal section of the store, you can purchase several different types of animals including chickens, cows, pigs, sheep and more.
- To buy an animal, tap on it in the store and then drag it to the animal pen. This will buy the animal and place it in your pen automatically.
- Simply having animals is just one aspect necessary to keeping animals; you have to feed them to keep them around.
- To feed animals, tap on the hut within the pen.
- From there, you can tap and drag on the feed to feed it to your animals. When your animals are fed, they are more likely to produce eggs and be happier in the process.
- Chickens will produce eggs for you, but it will take time to complete. If you do not wish to wait for chickens to lay eggs, you can speed up the process using Diamonds.
- When the eggs have been laid, you will need to collect them with the basket. You can access and use the basket from the hut inside the pen just as you did with the feed and then drag it across the chickens to collect the eggs.
- What you do with your crops and eggs is up to you, but one of the things you can do with them is create baked goods in the bakery. Let’s go over how to build a bakery that you can use to make more money for your farm.
- Tap on the cash register icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. From here, you can tap on the buildings tab (third option down) and then drag the Bakery out to your farm.
- Once the bakery has been placed, you can drag bread into it so that it can bake it and create XP and coins that will allow you to enhance your farm in the future.
- If you ever get stuck and are unsure which action to complete next, you can always check back with Mr. Wicker. Mr. Wicker will often have helpful advice you can follow so that you can make sure you’re always making the best decision possible.
- Another additional way to make money is via the delivery truck. The billboard that can be found on your farm will have orders available on it.
- When you tap on the bulletin board, you can then tap on any of the available orders to complete. These orders will require you to have certain items on hand that you can then sell to your client.
- In an example order, you must sell 3 eggs to a kindergarten. To complete an additional order, you’ll then need to wait for the delivery truck to come back first.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Hay Day. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!