Game Introduction - Happy Street
Happy Street is a simulation game developed by Godzilab, wherein players are tasked with building their own homes and villages, making friends, playing games, and more. Our quick start guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- When you fire it up, you'll be asked whether or not you're okay with the game using your location data. Choose wisely!
How to Play
- Once you've installed the game and fired it up, you'll be presented with a brief-but-cute cutscene that lays out the game's plot. Essentially, you've moved to a new area in the hopes of finding a nice place to live.
- After the cutscene, a nearby animal will invite you to build a fruit stand with him. To do this, click on the arrow on the top right menu, and then the “Shop” option.
- The first thing you'll see listed in the shop is a fruit stand. Tap it, and then drag it to where you'd like it to be built in your world. You'll be rewarded 200 coins for your efforts.
- Great! You've struck up a friendship with someone. To carry on the conversation between the two of you, click on the question mark located on top of the main character's head. Upon doing so, you'll be prompted by your new friend to build yourself a house.
- To get started building, return to the shop and choose “Billy's House.” Like the fruit stand before it, you'll have the ability to drag the house to where you want it to be. There are trees in the way, currently, so your options are limited. Once it's built, though, you'll be awarded 100 coins.
- Once it's built, your character will enter and take a nap. Once that's done (it only takes a few seconds) you and your new friend will decide to chop some trees and bushes. The game will present this in quest form.
- To rid the area of unwanted foliage, just tap on the trees or bushes you want gone. This will grant you wood, which you can use to build more with.
- Once you have more space, you'll be invited to build a glasses shop. Like before, you'll need to return to the in-game shop, choose the store you need, and place it somewhere in the world.
- This will bring your character to level 2, and grant you the ability to create new buildings. Moving on up!
- It's at this time the main character will realize visiting friends will need a place to stay. In response, you'll need to construct a new cottage. Once completed, a new villager will arrive.
- Now that people are making their way to your village, you'll need to stay on top of keeping your shops stocked. To do this, click the “Restock” icon located at the top of each one.
- With more people comes a need for more land. To increase the amount of usable land, tap on the dense foliage located to the left and right of your habitat. Each patch costs “Flooz,” an in-game currency, to remove.
- Once this is done, you'll spot a mysterious door between two trees. Intriguing! Tap it and walk on through.
- Here you'll meet a nice forest-dwelling animal, and he'll task you with acquiring three pieces of wood. Get to chopping them trees and bushes!
- And with that, it's time to return. Upon doing so you'll be asked by the main character to upgrade his house. Tap the arrow above it and watch it grow!
- Now it's time to add on to your town a bit. Return to the in-game store and choose the "Lucky Spin" building. You can spin the wheel here once a day, and doing so has the potential to net you a whole lot of Flooz.
- Now it's time to attract some more villagers! To do this, tap on them as they drive by your village. This will inspire them to stop and check out the shop closest to them.
- With that completed (though it's something you should do the whole time you play), it's time to build a bus stop. Return to the shop and choose one! You'll quickly notice an influx of new villagers. In fact, you'll see a blue icon show up above the bus stop on a regular basis. Tap it whenever possible, as it brings a host of new visitors to your town.
- After completing a few more simple quests, you'll have what you need to begin a Fiesta. During these, you'll earn additional coins, and make all of your villagers extremely happy.
- Moving forward, you'll be informed on occasion about whether or not your villagers want certain things. But for the most part, you'll be left to your own devices to build your town as you see fit. I recommend having a variety of shops and entertainment, as casting a wide net can often lead to more villagers being happy.
- Quests are an integral part of the game, and you'll be presented with them rather often. While some can be ignored, fulfilling them is a great way to keep your villagers happy as well as keep the ball moving forward.
- When you've been assigned a quest, an icon of the person who asked you will be located on the top left of the screen. When you're not sure what you need to do, tap it.
- You can have more than one quest open at a time.
- Oftentimes quests you haven't yet accepted are represented by icons above the heads of your villagers. To see what they want, just tap the icon.
Helping the Villagers
- Accruing villagers and keeping them happy is a crucial part of Happy Street. Here are some tips on how best to both of these things, as well as better understand your relationship with them.
- You'll amass coins and new villagers while you're away from the game.
- The more villagers level up, the more they buy.
- Sometimes villagers will be looking for a certain shop or fellow villager. This will be conveyed by an icon above their head. When you tap it, it will let you know which one they're looking for. To help them, all you have to do is tap on the shop or villager in question.
- Now and then your villagers will have birthdays. This will be emoted by a picture of a cake on top of their head. If you want to give them a present, tap it and choose a gift.
- Every now and then, a bird named “Poopy the Bird” will fly above your village. If tapped at the right time, he'll poop on someone in your village. Because video games.
Understanding the Menu
- True of any game, having a solid understanding of Happy Street's menu system is very important. To access it, tap on the downward-facing arrow on the top right of the screen.
- Shop – Here's where you go to purchase shops, homes, and various items for your village. As you level up in the game you'll unlock new content here, and it all costs a certain amount of wood and coins.
- Bag – As you do things like chop trees and grow fruit, you'll amass various items. To check on what you have in your inventory, choose the “Bag” option.
- Map – There are other sections in the game aside from just your street. The forest, for example! To get an overview of the places you've been, go to the “Map.”
- Friends – When you choose the “Friends” option, you'll be taken to a globe that shows your current Facebook and Game Center friends playing the game. Tap on their names to visit their villages!
- More – To view the game's general options and settings, go to the “More” section. You can mess with the sound, music, and notification settings, as well as view achievements and leaderboards. It's a pretty happenin' place.
Speaking the Lingo
- Like most sim games on iOS, there are a few different types of currency and other items to keep track of.
- Coins – The most basic of all currencies, coins be used to do things like purchase and upgrade buildings. As villagers roam the street and purchase things, you'll earn more. You'll also earn them while away from the game, and for various other actions. Or you can just trade Flooz for
- Flooz – Flooz, on the other hand, a little more premium. You'll begin the game with a handful, and earn more as you level up or from other things. Earning them naturally is a slow process, but you're able to purchase them in the game's store. They can be used to clear the foliage and expand the lay of your street. You can also trade them for coins.
- Tokens – Happy Street is home to various mini-games, and you'll need tokens to play them. You'll earn one each day, but you can also purchase them in the store.
- Being that Flooz are so hard to come by, I recommend spending them carefully.
- You can earn valuable things from your friends, so try and visit their villages on a daily basis.
- Pay close attention to your villagers. If they're sulking, look at the icon above their head and figure out how to make them happy.
- If you're low on wood, you can plant trees in the forest area.
You have completed Gamezebo's quick start guide for Happy Street. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!