Game Introduction - Greedy Grub
Greedy Grub is a grub simulation game from PIXOWL INC, wherein you are tasked with maintaining a forest’s energy by crafting, planning, and harvesting trees that grow in the forest. You’ll need all of the help you can get to keep the forest as happy as can be, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Greedy Grub is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Once you’ve started the game for the first time, the game will download updates and then load the game. This may take some time, and you’ll need a reliable Internet connection to make sure this process completes smoothly.
- Once the game loads, you’ll be shown pictures that make up the story of the game. You can tap on the arrow key to advance the pictures until the slideshow is complete.
How to Play
- After finishing the slideshow, you will be able to move the grub around. To move, tap on the area you would like the grub to move to.
- After moving around a bit, you will meet Mayor Apollo who is an owl that will help guide you through a bit of the game.
- Mayor Apollo will notice that your grub is hungry and will place some apples on the ground. Tap around on the apples to guide the grub into them.
- When you have eaten all of the apples, Mayor Apollo will place a seed on the ground. To collect it, have the grub move over to it. The seed will then be placed in your inventory.
- To access your inventory or chest, tap on the arrow menu in the bottom right corner of the screen. From here, tap on the chest icon to open the inventory.
- Tap on the Apple, and then on the place button to be taken into placement mode. You can then drag around the seed with your finger to move it until it shows a green outline.
- Tap on the green check to continue.
- At this point, a well will appear on the land. Move the grub over to the well to collect water.
- When you have collected 10 waters, move to the Apple tree you just planted. You can then continue tapping on the tree to grow it using the water.
- Once the apple tree is fully grown, apples will fall from it periodically for your grub to eat.
- Progressing through the game, you will unlock the “Seed Shop,” which allows you to purchase seeds you can use on your land.
- The Seed Shop is a straw hut with a seed on the side of it. Move your grub over to it to access it.
- At this point, you can tap on any of the available seeds and purchase them. You’ll place them just like the seeds in your inventory.
- After a while, Zada the Architect will arrive and offer advice on how to rebuild the forest. He will also hand you a pickaxe you can use to build with.
- To use the pickaxe, tap on the menu and then on the pickaxe. You can then tap on boulders to move them.
- To build new buildings for the forest, you’ll need to place Zada’s architect office in order to begin doing so.
- Once you have the architect office, you can begin building new buildings on your land.
- One of the first buildings you will want to have is the Bank. Head into the architect office and then tap on the Bank to place the bank anywhere on the land where it will fit.
- Having a bank will net you a few Azurites. Azurites are what you use to feed the tree and expand your land.
- Azurites can only be acquired in the future by heading into the bank and buying them with real money. Be careful when spending Azurites in the future.
- To expand, tap on the Eye Tree, and then on “Feed the Eye-Tree” to feed it an Azurite and expand the land.
- If you’d like to make your forest look a bit nicer, you can place down the décor stand. The blueprint can be found in the architect’s office, and it allows you to buy new décor items such as a mailbox, torches, flowers and other things.
- If you ever get stuck, or you’re not sure which task you should be working on next, try moving your grub over to a neighbor. You might be surprised to find that the critters that roam your land may have quests for you to complete.
- When you complete a quest handed out by a neighbor, the rewards for doing so will be given to you automatically.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Greedy Grub. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!