Game Introduction - Gangs of Boomtown
Gangs of Boomtown is a social game developed by Digital Chocolate that challenges you to rebuild your town in the dangerous old West. Gamezebo’s Gangs of Boomtown strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you manage your life in Gangs of Boomtown.
Quick Start Guide
- After selecting a character to your liking, Sherrif Eddie Cauldwell asks for your help with some local bandits and troublemakers. This will walk you through a short tutorial on how different actions work in Gangs of Boomtown.
- The outline of the game: Boomtown, once a great Wild West town, has been overrun by bandits and burned to the ground. In Gangs of Boomtown, you are asked to rebuild the town to its former glory and take care of all the bandits and troublemakers that make your life difficult. As you start with almost nothing, step by step you grow your town, get better weapons and improve your skills.
Supply and demand
- A constant red line through the game is keeping the townspeople happy, which comes down to three steps you keep doing throughout the game. You use supplies to supply your townspeople, they then pay you rent, which enables you to buy more supplies, which you can use to supply the townspeople etc.
- In your store, you will find different kinds of houses and farming crops (which produces supplies). Below the item, it will indicate the production time and the pay-off. The longer the production time, the higher the pay-off will be, both for farming supplies and collecting rent from supplied townspeople.
- NOTE: Farmed crops don't go bad, so you can produce as much as you want, even if it's so much that you won't use it all for a while. Under the 'Farming'-tab, you can find larger storages to increase the amount of supplies you can hold.
- Although it might be a little confusing, your town's population does not depend on how many and which houses you have. I'll cover that a little later. The only purpose of building houses is to bring them supplies and receive rent.
- Even after buying a house, you will still need some items in order to finish building it. If you don't have all the items required, moving your mouse over the item will show how and where you can get the item.
- By placing decorations in the vicinity of your houses, you can increase the rent that the townspeople are willing to pay. The little bar that shows up before when placing it, shows how far along you are to the next rent-level on that building.
- TIP: Place decorations so that their influence-grid touches multiple houses.
- In the population-tab of the store, you will find buildings that will expand the population of your town. Most of these buildings will be part of a mission though, so you will come across them automatically. Just make sure you have enough houses, to make enough rent, to be able to afford the buildings.
- Your choice of weapons, and the skills you invest in when leveling up, should depend on the situation you're in. If you're just fighting bandits in the normal towns, you just want the gun that does the most damage and has the highest chance of a headshot (double damage).
- However, when you're dueling, it all comes down to the factors of draw speed and your dodge-skill, in that order. When two people duel, basically the person that can shoot fastest will win. The speed is part determined by the weapon you have equipped and part by the speed-skill. If both players have the same speed, the player with the highest dodge-skill will win. If that is also equal, the winner will be chosen by random.
TIP: Do not forget to upgrade your weapons! It can make a big difference and will make your life in the Wild West much easier.
- Although it can be intimidating to have bandits and wild animals all around you, just focus on one enemy at a time. You will not actually be attacked until you attack them, so there's no need to rush a fight.
- You can not actually be killed in Gangs of Boomtown. When you're shot, you only lose one unit of energy. If you run out, just wait for your energy to recharge.
- When in doubt, move your mouse over an objective. Whether it's a mission objective or an item you need to get, moving your mouse over it will give you a hint as to what to do.
- Keep an eye out on the achievement-tab in your inventory to earn some very nice extra rewards.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Gangs of Boomtown by Digital Chocolate. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.