Game Introduction - FarmVille 2
FarmVille 2 is the sequel to the highly popular FarmVille, from Zynga. Plant and harvest crops, craft recipes, tend to your animals, and sell your goods for coins so that you can upgrade your farm. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best.
Quick Start Guide
- FarmVille 2 is free to play, but you can purchase and earn Farm Bucks which can be used to skip portions of quests and purchase premium items and power-ups.
- At the top left of the screen is where you will find your balances for coins, farm bucks, and your current level and experience.
- At the top right of the screen you will find your current balances of feed, water, and fertilizer.
- From the bottom of the screen you can visit your friend’s farms.
- At the bottom right of the screen is the game toolbar. From here you can sell back items, rotate and move items, and store items to your inventory.
- You can also access the general store and your inventory.
How to Play
- When you first begin playing FarmVille 2 you will have a small garden to tend to as well as a couple chickens.
- Before you begin tending to your farm, you can click on your avatar and customize it a bit. Once you are happy with your avatars appearance, it’s time to start farming.
- Click on an empty plot of dirt to open the general store. You will automatically be taken to the seeds tab.
- Select the seeds you wish to plant. Pay attention to the length of time it will take for them to grow. Tomato plants grow in a minute, while wheat takes four hours before it’s ready to harvest.
- Once you have selected the seeds you want to plant, click on the empty plot of dirt. You can click on multiple plots of land to plant the same seed multiple times, or you can click on the general store button at the bottom left of the screen and plant another seed on a different plot.
- Once you have planted your seeds, you will need to water them. Click on spot you planted a seed to water them.
- You only have a small amount of water at your disposal. Once it is gone you will need to wait for it to replenish.
- If you don’t water your plants they will not grow.
- Once your crops are full grown, you will be able to harvest them. Click on each crop to collect your produce. Your crops will automatically be added to your inventory.
- As you level up, you will unlock new crops to grow. You will want to weigh the seed cost with how much you can sell the produce for. Also pay attention to how long your crops will take to grow. If you wait too long to harvest them they will wilt.
- If your produce wilts you will have to clear the land but you won’t collect any produce. However, you can ask a friend to come over and revive your crops.
- In addition to growing crops, you will also need to tend to your animals.
- When you begin the game you will have a couple chickens to take care of.
- When an animal is hungry, there will be an image of feed in the bubble above its head.
- If you have feed available, you can click on the animal to feed it. If you don’t have enough feed you will need to make feed at the feed mill.
- Click on the feed mill to open the feed menu.
- If you have crops that can be turned into feed they will be displayed here. Different crops will yield different amounts of feed. For instance, one tomato will yield on unit of feed, while one strawberry will yield ten units.
- Once you have selected the crops to turn into feed click the make button to finalize.
- Once you have fed your animals you will be able to collect resources from them. Chickens will give you eggs, goats will give you milk, and rabbits will give you cotton.
- You can also purchase additional animals in the general store.
- Animals that you purchase will need to mature before they start producing resources.
- Baby animals are fed from milk bottles. You can get milk bottles as gifts from your friends, or you can purchase them using farm bucks.
- Now that your inventory is full of crops and resources from your animals, you need to decide what you want to do with them.
- Everything you collect can be sold at your produce stand. Click on the stand to open the goods menu.
- Select the items you want to sell and click the sell button. If you change your mind, click the X button at the top right of the menu to exit out.
- You will receive your coins immediately after you click the sell button.
- Once you reach level five, a new option for using your produce will become available. But first, you will need to expand your farm.
- Expansions to your farm become available as you level up. You can click on an unavailable area of your farm to see the requirements to unlock a section.
- At level five, you will be able to expand and unlock the kitchen.
- Once you have met the necessary requirements you can finalize the expansion and now you will be able to craft recipes.
- To begin crafting recipes, click on the kitchen. This will open the crafting menu.
- There will be a variety of recipes that you can create, although only a couple will be unlocked at this point in the game. For now, let’s create apple scones.
- To begin, you will need to create flour. Click on the flour button to view the required ingredients. You will need four units of wheat. If you have enough, click the make button. If you don’t have enough, you will need to plant some wheat and wait for it to grow.
- The next step to creating apple scone is to mix the batter. Click the batter icon to see that you will need one bag of flour and three eggs. Again, once you have all the ingredients, click the make button.
- Now for the last step you will need the batter that you just made, along with six apples.
- If you don’t have any apples you will want to purchase an apple tree (or two) from the general store.
- Once you have all the ingredients, click on the make button.
- The finished apple scones can be sold for a large amount of coins. However, you don’t have to complete each step of the recipe. You can choose to just make flour and sell that or you can wait until you have all the ingredients necessary, and complete the recipe in full.
Tips and Tricks
- In addition to crops and animals, you can also purchase decorations in the general store. Decorations will allow you to personalize your farm, and make it stand out.
- If you find that you are running out of water too quickly, you may want to build an additional well. You will unlock one well when you expand your farm, but as you farm gets bigger, you will need more water to tend to your crops. A well will increase your available water by ten units.
- You can also increase the number of animals you can have on your farm by building a water trough. Each water trough will increase your maximum number of animals by five.
- Be sure to visit your friends each day and help out on their farms. You can earn bonus coins, as well as items that you may not be able to grow on your farm yet.
- Your friends will sometimes turn up on your farm, sitting on the hay bales at the front of your farm. Click on them and place them near crops on your farm. They will cause four squares to grow in immediately. You will also earn one fertilizer.
- Fertilizer will increase the yield of a crop.
- If you want to speed up the time it takes for a crop to mature you will need to purchase speed-grow, using farm bucks.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for FarmVille 2. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!