Escape Rosecliff Island Tips
Check out our strategy guide for Escape Rosecliff Island.
- Escape Rosecliff Island has 25 unique scenes. There are 3 modes in the game, "Escape Rosecliff Island", "Unlimited Seek and Find." and a "Mystery Bonus Game", which we will not spoil the surprise by telling you what it is.
- You can choose to play this game with a timer or you can play in Relaxed Mode which means that you do not have to worry about playing against the clock.
- "Unlimited Seek and Find" means that you can find every single item in a particular scene. You can only unlock this mode once you've found all the locks that are hidden in the scenes.
- The levels are timed but in my opinion they do give a generous amount of time in which to play the levels.
- The game is pretty lenient when it comes to incorrect clicking, it is only when you click very quickly that you will be penalized some points.
- Hints are available in the game and they take time to replenish, about a minute or so. If you're stuck trying to find an item you can click on the hint button and you will be able to find one of the items from your list. The item will be highlighted on the list on the left and also in the scene.
- Using hints will deduct 7,500 points from your total points, use them sparingly. Always try and leave your hints for when you absolutely cannot find an item.
- If you do not want to wait for your hints to replenish you can go to the options menu and select the "Unlimited Hints" option. The hints will always be available but they will still cost you 7,500 points each time you use it.
- You will earn a Perfect Investigation Bonus (25,000 points) when you find all the items from a level without using a hint.
- Hints can only be used for the seek and find portion of the game. It is disabled when it comes to playing the mini games.
- Each unique location has 2 locks that you need to find. Once you find first 25 locks you will unlock a bonus mystery game. Once you find all 50 locks you unlock the Unlimited Seek & Find Mode in which you can search all the available items in each scene of the game.
- For each lock that you find you will receive an additional 10,000 points. Once you find all 50 locks you will find get an additional 100,000 points.
- The locks will not be on your list of things to find but you can look in the lower left corner to see how many you have to find for that scene.
- There are 2 tiny locks in the lower left corner. If the lock icons are blacked out it means that you still need to find locks in that scene.
- If the locks are on there then you've already found and there is no need to look anymore. Once you find a lock it will not appear again once you revisit the same location.
- Your goal in this game is to click on the tiles so you can see what is behind them. Click on 2 matching tiles and you will eliminate them from the puzzle. Eliminate all the tiles to win the game.
- There are 2 types of items that you must match. For example, you can match identical items, like irons, anchors etc. You can also match items that have something in common, like 2 different types of balls, stamps that have different colors etc. In order to see what kind of items you are matching, look on the left side of the page. You will have an exam
CIRCLE PUZZLE-MINI GAME
- In one of the games you must click to rotate the tiles to make it look like the picture on the left. Once a row is completed the pieces on that row will automatically lock into place.
- Once 1 row is completed, any 2 adjacent pieces that are placed correctly will lock into place without the row having to be completed.
- The instructions say that you can right click to rotate the pieces but you can also left click them in order to rotate them.
WORD SEARCH-MINI GAME
- Look at the list of items on the left and find them on the puzzle.
- As you find the words, click on them and drag the mouse to highlight the letters in the correct order. Words can be backwards, horizontal, vertical or diagonal.
- If you're stuck looking for a word, just start with the first letter of the word and go row by row until you find it.
MATCH 3-MINI GAME
- All you have to do is match 3 or more like items in order to eliminate a row.
- The matches can be made horizontally or vertically. The goal is to turn all the tiles that are underneath blue. Once all the tiles are blue you will be able to complete the level.
- You cannot use hints in this game.
CLUES DISGUISED AS RIDDLES
- Throughout the game you will have to find items in the scene by deciphering a small riddle instead of the game giving you the actual name of what you need to look for in the game. For example, a "delicate dancer" refers to a ballerina or "wall walking" which refers to a footprint on the wall.
- I've compiled a list of those riddles below. This is not a complete list, just the ones that I found while playing the game which I thought were relevant.
- 10 For a Strike-Bowling Pin
- 100 Legs-Centipede
- A Bird's Insulation-Feather
- A Returning Toy-Boomerang
- Ancient Calculator-Abacus
- Archer's Tools-Bow
- Aquatic Horse-Seahorse
- Aquatic Star-Starfish
- Baker's Tool-Rolling Pin,
- Bamboo Eater-Panda
- Baseball's Enemy-Baseball Bat
- Be Careful of Tractors-A Yellow Traffic Sign with a tractor on it.
- Blacksmith's Tool-Anvil
- Brightens Lips-Lipstick
- Chased by Cats-Squirrel
- COFFEE Reminder-Sticky note with the words "Coffee Break" written on it.
- Collects Nuts-Squirrel
- Cone for Pouring-Funnel
- Cuts Paper-Scissors
- Delicate Dancer-Ballerina
- Double 4-Domino with 8 dots.
- Elevates Car-Jack
- Expensive Gem-Diamond
- Extinct Animal-Dinosaur
- Fancy Tie-Bowtie
- Falling ASLEEP-The word ASLEEP going vertically
- Fears Bowling Balls-Bowling Pin
- Fisherman's Tool-Hook
- Future Butterfly-Caterpillar
- Guacamole Ingredient-Avocado
- Hangs Clothes-Clothespin
- Has 9 lives-Cat
- Holds Golf Balls-Golf Tee
- Informal Hello
- Horse's footwear-Horseshoe
- Judge's Tool-Gavel
- Keeps Rain Off-Umbrella
- Knight's Defense-Shield
- Make a Wish-Wishbone
- Makes Tea-Teabag
- Measures Temperature-Thermometer
- Measures Weight-Scale
- Mercury Rising-Thermometer
- Mythical Creature-Unicorn
- Newton's Aid-Apple
- North Pole Tenant-Santa Claus
- Nut Gatherer-Squirrel
- Plumber's Aid-Plunger
- Prickly Plant-Cactus
- Projects Voices-Microphone
- Protects Your Brain-Skull
- Rhymes with JADE-SPADE
- Royal Headwear-Crown
- Says Ribbit-Frog
- Ship's Brake-Anchor
- Ship's Power-Propeller
- Slower Than 50-Sign with "Speed Limit 45"
- Strike for Fire-Match
- String Instrument-Guitar, Harp
- Teeth Cleaner-Toothbrush
- Thumb Protector-Thimble
- Thread Me-Needle
- Trunk Owner-Elephant
- Twisted Dough-Pretzel
- Unlucky Ball-Billiard Ball with the number "13"
- Wall Walking-Footprint on the wall.
- Web Spinner-Spider
- Wood Splitter-Axe
- This section will give you the location of all the locks in the scenes. There are 2 locks per unique scene. The locks will always be in yellow in the screenshot.
ATTIC-PLACE LICENSE #
- LOCK 1-Top right side, on the ceiling.
- LOCK 2-left side, on the bookshelf.
- Place License #-Take the plate "GE 1205" and place them on the license plate frame that is in the lower right side.
- Knight's Defense-Shield-Lower left side.
BATHROOM-CHEESE TO TRAP
- LOCK 1-On the window.
- LOCK 2-Lower center, on the floor, behind the tub.
- Cheese to Trap-Grab the piece of cheese that is in the lower left side, under the sink. Place it on the mouse trap that is in the lower right side of the scene, behind the tub.
- LOCK 1-Top left side, in the widow.
- LOCK 2-Lower right side, on the ground, close to the shed.
- Place the Missing "F"-Grab the letter "F" that is on the side of the shed and place it on top of the shed. You will then be able to form the word :"ROSECLIFF" on the front of the shed.
- Ship's Power-Propeller
- Measures Temperature-Thermometer
BOAT WRECK-CAP THE THERMOS
- LOCK 1-Top left side.
- LOCK 2-Lower center, behind the large tree trunk that is in the center of the scene.
- Cap the Thermos-The silver cap is in the lower right side of the ground. Place it on the thermos that is in the top left side.
- 2 Telescope Parts-Top left corner and the tripod is in the top center of the scene.
- Great White Teeth-Shark Teeth, top right side.
- LOCK 1-The word "LOCK'' is written on the spine of the beige book that is located on the lower shelf, in the center.
- LOCK 2-Top left corner.
- Place the Propeller-The propeller is in the lower left side. Place it on the airplane that is on the right side of the shelf.
- c drawing on the lower right side.
- Rhymes with "HONEY''- The word "MONEY" that is written on the spine of the gray book that is on the middle shelf.
CAMPFIRE-PLACE HERS WITH HIS
- LOCK 1-The word "LOCK'' is carved on the side of the tree, right side.
- LOCK 2-On the right side, on the ground, upper part.
- Place Hers With His-Grab the female symbol that is on the side of the house and place it with the male symbol that is carved on the tree that is on the right.
- Chased by Cats-Squirrel, lower center of the scene.
CAVE-PLACE BIRD'S EGG
- LOCK 1-Top right side, on the wall, next to the pinecone.
- LOCK 2-Lower right side, the word "LOCK" is carved on the side of the boat.
- Place Bird's Egg-Grab the egg that is on the lower left side of the ground and place it on the nest that is on the lower right side of the scene.
- Falling Asleep-The word "ASLEEP" is written vertically on the lower right edge of the scene.
- LOCK 1-Top left side in the upper window.
- LOCK 2-Lower left side, at the base of the entrance of the cellar.
- Missing Ace-Grab the Ace card that is on the right side of the wall and place it with the other Aces that are in the upper left corner.
DINING ROOM-PLACE THE PENDELUM
- LOCK 1-Top left side of the scene.
- LOCK 2-Lower center, behind the table, next to the open drawer.
- Place the Pendelum-The pendelum is on the left side, on top of the cabinet. Place it on the clock that is on the top right side of the scene.
- Needs Ice Cream-Ice cream cone that is on the table.
- A Red HERRING-The word "HERRING" that is written in red on the front of the piano, right side.
- Baker's Tool-Rolling Pin, on the left side, on the cabinet.
- Steers Ship-Wheel, behind the table, on the lower part of the cabinet.
DOLLHOUSE-PLACE THE NOZZLE-2 PARTS OF THE JEWELRY BOX
- LOCK 1-Top left corner, carved on the wooden pole.
- LOCK 2-Lower left side, on the ground, next to the foot of the large doll.
- Place the Nozzle-Grab the nozzle that is on the right side of the roof and place it on the round white bottle that is in the lower left side of the dollhouse.
- 2 jewelry box parts-One is in the lower left side of the scene. The other one is on the right side of the dollhouse, next to the bed.
- Removes Lint-Lint Remover that is on the lower right corner of the scene.
- Holds Golf Balls-Golf Tee, on the right side of the roof, next to the nozzle.
FIREPLACE-SOLVE THE EQUATION
- LOCK 1-Third shelf on the cabinet.
- LOCK 2-Lower right side of the fireplace.
- Solve the Equation-Grab the number "10" that is on the lower side of the chair. Place it at the end of the equation "4+6=" that is on the lower left edge of the fireplace.
- Keeps Rain Off-Umbrella, lower right side of the scene.
- Mercury Rising-Thermometer, on the third shelf of the bookcase.
FOYER-PUT SARDINES IN CAN
- LOCK 1-Lower left side, on the bottom part of the banisters.
- LOCK 2-Right edge of the scene. It is a drawing of a lock.
- Put Sardines in Can-Grab the sardines that are in the top right side of the scene and place them on the open can that is in the lower right corner.
- 100 Legs-Centipede, lower right side, on the edge of the chair.
- Judge's Tool-Gavel, top center of the scene, next to the picture.
FRONT PORCH-FRAME THE PAINTING
- LOCK 1-Lower right side, on the tiny window.
- LOCK 2-Lower left side, on the window, under the "exit" sign.
- Frame the Painting-Take the picture that is in the top left side and place it on the frame that is by the entrance of the house.
- Unlocks Doors-Key
- Royal Headwear-Crown, it is on the lower left side, on the chair.
- Weather Predictor-Barometer, lower center, on the left side of the entrance.
GARAGE-TOAST THE BREAD
- LOCK 1-The word "LOCK" is written on one of the tires that are in the lower right corner.
- LOCK 2-Under the left headlight of the car.
- Toast the Bread-Grab the piece of toast that is on the top right side of the back wall and place it on the toaster that is on the lower left corner.
- 2 Axe Parts-The stick in the lower right side. The head on the upper right side, next to the tire.
- Untangles Hair-Comb, inside the tire that is on the lower right side.
- Cuts Paper-Scissors, on the side of the car.
- Elevates Car-Jack, on the grill of the car.
- Has 9 lives-Cat-Far right side of the scene.
GARDEN SHED-MOVE CUP TO SAUCER
- LOCK 1-Left side, outside the door, in front of the statue.
- LOCK 2-The word "LOCK" is on the poster that has the bear on it, on the right side of the cabinet.
- Move Cup to Saucer-The cup is outside door, place it o the saucer that is on the floor, not too far from the door.
- 2 Belt Parts- One the table that is on the left, there is one piece and the buckle is on the right side of the cabinet.
- Make a Wish-Wishbone that is on the lower right side, behind the lawnmower.
- Collects Nuts-Squirrel-On top of the cabinet, right side.
GATE-PLACE MISSING ARROW
- LOCK 1-Top center of the scene, next to the attic.
- LOCK 2-The word "LOCK" is written on the left side of the gate itself.
- Place Missing Arrow-Grab the arrow that is in the top center of the house and place it on sign that is on the lower right side.
GAZEBO-PLACE SKULL WITH BONES
- LOCK 1-Top left corner of the scene.
- LOCK 2-The word "LOCK" that is on the lower left side, under the bench.
- Place Skull with Bones-Grab the skull that is on the left side of the scene, and place it on the sign that is on the lower right side, on the bench.
- Measures Weight-Scale, left side, on top of the bench.
GRANDFATHER CLOCK-BRING AFRICA HOME
- LOCK 1-In the center of the clock.
- LOCK 2-Lower right side.
- Bring Africa Home-Grab the drawing of Africa that is on the clock, next to the Roman Numeral "II". Place it on the map that is on the left side of the clock, next to the Roman Numeral "XI".
- Pointing Down-An arrow that is pointing downwards, it is on the lower right side of the clock.
- Escargot Ingredient-Snail, top right side of the clock.
- Nut Gatherer-Squirrel, lower left side of the clock.
KITCHEN-COVER THE STOCK POT
- LOCK 1-Right edge of the scene.
- LOCK 2-Lower left side of the stove.
- Cover the Stock Pot-Grab the lid that is in the lower center of the floor and place it on the pot that is on top of the stove.
- Guacamole Ingredient-Avocado, lower left side, on the table.
- Fancy Tie-Bowtie, on the lower part of the stove.
MECHANICAL ROOM-FIX THE SOCKET
- LOCK 1-Top left corner of the scene.
- LOCK 2-The word "LOCK' is in the top left side of the scene, on the pipe.
- Fix the Socket-Grab the plug that is on the right side of the ground and place it on the socket that is on the pole that is on the brown beam, left side.
- No Smoking Allowed-No smoking sign, on the furnace.
- Shot from Guns-Bullet-Top right side of the scene.
MUSIC ROOM-FIX PIANO KEYS
- LOCK 1-Lower left corner, on the ground.
- LOCK 2-Top left corner, on the harp.
- Fix Piano Keys-Take the piano keys that are on the far left side of the scene and place it on empty space that is on the piano.
- ON/Off-Light Switch, on the top left side of the wall.
- Dog's Treat-Bone, lower right, on the side of the piano bench.
- Unlucky Ball-Billiard Ball with the number "13"
READING ROOM-BALANCE THE EGG
- LOCK 1-Lower right side, in the drawer of the small table.
- LOCK 2-Lower center, on the oval picture frame.
- Balance the Egg-Take the brown egg that is on the lower right corner of the scene, on the chair. Place it on the egg holder that is on the round table.
- Wall Walking-Footprint that is on the wall, next to the oval frame.
- 9:30-The time on the clock that is in the upper left side, on the framed picture.
- Opens Locks-Key, in the top right side of the scene.
STUDY-REPLACE MISSING 3
- LOCK 1-Top right side, at the end of the key.
- LOCK 2-Lower left side, on the ground, next to the question mark.
- Replace Missing 3-Grab the number "3" that is in the top right, on the white part of the scene. Place it on the clock, in the spot that belongs to the number "3"
SWIMMING POOL-PLACE THE CABOOSE
- LOCK 1-Top right side.
- LOCK 2-In the center of the scene, close to the vines.
- Place the Caboose-It is on the left side of the scene. Place it in the upper right corner with the other pieces.
TREEHOUSE-PLACE TIRE SWING
- LOCK 1-On the door of the treehouse.
- LOCK 2-Lower right side, the word "LOCK" is carved on the tree.
- Place Tire Swing-Take the tire that is on the lower right corner and place it on the rope that is on the lower left corner.
- 9 Dots-Domino, on the right log that is holding the treehouse up.
- In this puzzle you have to find the necessary pieces that go on the boat.
- Grab the 8 items from the bottom of the page that match the drawings on the right side of the page. Once you place an item in the right place it will blend into the drawing.
- Place all 8 pieces in the right place to move on to the next section.
FINAL PUZZLE-REPAIR THE BOAT
(Click on the image to enlarge them.)
- In this section you must place the items that are at the bottom of the screen in the right place on the boat.
- The screenshot shows you where all the items belong. Use the numbers that are on each number to see where you need to place the item.
- Once all the pieces are in place, put the gas can on the motor of the boat that is on the front of the boat.
- Click on the motor while the gas can is attached and the gas can will disappear. Drag the motor to the back of the boat and it will be attached to it.
FINAL PUZZLE-START THE BOAT
- To solve this puzzle, you have to look at the markings that are carved on the boat. Each carving has an arrow that is pointing in a certain direction.
- Each dial has a particular symbol on it as well. When you match the symbol with the carving, you will know in which direction the dial needs to go in.
- There is only one carving that does not have a symbol on it and that is the number 3. However, if you look around the boat you will see a heart with the number 3 next to it. That will be the position for that dial.
- Please look at the screenshot for the dial positions. If for some reason the solutions are random, you can use the reasonings explained above to solve this puzzle. The markings that helped me solve this puzzle are highlighted in green in the screenshot.
MINI GAME SOLUTIONS
- The following section contains ONLY screenshots for some of the puzzles in the game. The solutions may be random, so everyone may have different results.
LEVEL 3-RANDOM SOLUTION-WORD GAME
LEVEL 8-WORD SEARCH-RANDOM SOLUTION
LEVEL 13-WORD SEARCH-RANDOM SOLUTION
LEVEL 18-RANDOM SOLUTION-WORD SEARCH
LEVEL 19 PUZZLE
LEVEL 22-WORD SEARCH-RANDOM SOLUTION