Game Introduction - Ecol Tactics
Ecol Tactics is a role-playing game developed by Games Campus. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Ecol Tactics is free to play, and can be played by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you start Ecol Tactics, you are asked to choose a faction: Elves, Dwarves or Orcs. When you have chosen your faction, an ally will lead you through a tutorial to explain the basics of the game.
Ecol Tactics basics
- Even the biggest adventurer needs a place to rest and heal. In the world of Ecol Tactics, this is one of several villages. From here, you can talk to the various characters of Ecol Tactics, spend your money wisely in shops, meet other adventurers on the party board, or talk to the gate keepers to leave town for an adventure.
- Make sure you are no stranger to the people in town, as they will often have side-quests available for you.
- TIP: Press M on your keyboard for a mini-map to appear. You will see a map of your location, with the various areas and special places of interest. Click on any of the area’s to instantly go there.
- If you want to go on an adventure, go to any of the gates of the village you’re at and simply follow the arrow to leave there. From here, click on any of the locations to check the missions available there, choose your mission and the difficulty and get ready.
- If you have no friends online, and can’t find any suitable party members, visit the Mercenary Office in a village to hire computer characters to go on adventure with you.
- Ecol Tactics is a turn-based game. This means that one character takes a turn, in which he or she can do things, and then it’s another character’s turn, which means you can’t do anything at that moment.
- At the top left of the screen, you can see the upcoming turns. Use this to your advantage, so you can first take care of the stronger enemies that do you more damage.
- TIP: Just below the upcoming turns, you see a button ‘AI mode’. By activating this, your character will automatically perform moves for you. This might not always lead to the best moves, as you can develop a better tactic yourself, but the AI (artificial intelligence) that guids this, is pretty smart.
- When it’s your turn, there are three main components you see on your screen: blue tiles, red tils and 4 buttons. Blue tiles are tiles that you can move to, while red tiles, which are always only directly adjacent to you, are tiles that you can attack.
The 4 buttons are for:
- Skill moves: special strong moves that use mana.
- Items: use special items that for instanc make you stronger or heal you.
- Wait: if you’re done with your actions, wait to end your turn.
- Space: did you move to the wrong place? Use this button to undo your last move.
- Each turn consists of two actions you can do. Only once per turn, you can use an item or attack, so the other action must always be a move.
Consider two scenarios:
- 1. Your enemy is 4 squares away. Use your first action to move to the enemy, and use your second action to attack.
- 2. Your enemy is on a tile adjacent to you. Attack with your first action, and then either move away, or move so that you face the enemy who has the next turn.
- TIP: if you are facing an enemy, the damage done by an attack will be lesser than if the attack comes from the side, or from the back. This goes both for your attacks, as for the attacks by enemies. Use the Wait command to turn and face your enemy, so that he can do less damage.
- TIP: hover your mouse over an enemy to see its movement range. When possible, stay out of range of an enemy so that they can’t attack you on their next turn.
- TIP: by standing in a certain formation with your allies, and attacking, you can perform a Formation Combo. There are many different combo’s, but the Dark Assault combo shown below, for instance, is done by having 3 of your characters all face an enemy, with no enemies directly on the other side. Press attack, and all the characters will deliver a devastating blow.
You have completed the quick start guide for Ecol Tactics by Games Campus. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.