Game Introduction - DragonCraft
Welcome to the quick start guide for DragonCraft, an RPG/Simulation game from ngmoco. Build your kingdom, defeat monsters, and hatch dragons to fight at your side. To put yourself on the path to ruling the land and the skies, read this quick start guide!
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- Your main city screen as two icons on the right top of your screen. The globe icon will take you to world map. The treasure chest will show you your current balances for timber, gold bars, food, your army size, crystals, and dragon spears.
- At the top of the world map you will find the number of monsters left to kill for the round, your current experience, and your current level. That castle icon at the top right of the screen will return you to your kingdom. At the bottom of the screen is the chat menu. If you tap on the arrow tab at the bottom of the screen you will open your army menu. From here you can train new troops.
- Gold: Gold is the currency of DragonCraft. You will earn gold from your mines, completing quests, and killing monsters. Gold is used to conduct research and build new buildings.
- Timber: Timber is used in building and upgrading buildings. You can earn timber from your lumber mill, fighting monsters, and completing quests.
- Food: Food is used to feed your army. You gain food by building a meat palace and collecting food from it. You can also earn food by completing quests and leveling up.
- Experience: Experience is earned by defeating monsters and winning battles. Once you’ve earned enough experience, you will level up. Leveling up will unlock new buildings, upgrades, and quests.
- Army: Your army will be fighting the battles for you. The larger and more diverse your army is the better chance you have of defeating your enemies.
- Dragon Crystals: Dragon crystals are used to speed up the time it takes your scouts to rejuvenate. Crystals can be earned by leveling up, requesting new friends, and taking stock of the scales you already have.
- Spears: Spears are used to fight dragons. However, regular spears run the chance of missing the dragon you are aiming at.
- Dragon Spears: Dragon spears are guaranteed to hit the dragon every time. Dragon spears can be purchased with MobaCoins, while you can also wait to earn one each time you level up.
- Dragons: When you are fighting monsters on the world map, you will occasionally be alerted that another player is being attacked by a dragon. You can go to their aid and you will get the chance to throw a spear at the dragon. If you succeed, you will gain a dragon scale which will be added to your dragon hatchery.
- Dragon Scale: Dragon scales are collected from dragons that you successfully hit with a spear. Once you have found five different dragon scales, they will be combined in your dragon forge and you will receive a dragon egg to hatch. Once it hatches, you will have a dragon that will aid you in battles.
- Monsters: You will find numerous monsters scattered across your world map. Tap on them to send scouts out to defeat them. Once you have defeated 20 monsters, you will need to wait a certain amount of time for your scouts to regain energy before you can begin hunting monsters again. If you have enough dragon crystals, you can speed the time up considerably.
- Battles: Sometimes you will run across stronger enemies and armies on the world map - denoted by circles surrounding them. When you do, your army will go to battle. Victory in battle depends not only on the size and strength of your army but also on the diversity of talents your army has.
- Quests: Quests are located within the Advisor Tower in your kingdom. Tap on the tower to open you quest menu. You will be able to see any quests that are in progress, any quests that haven’t been started yet, and collect rewards from any quests you have completed.
- Research: Many of the quests you are given will involve researching new talents and upgrades. Research will unlock new army troop types, upgrade the output of your buildings, and unlock new buildings.
Building Your Kingdom
- One of the first things you will likely notice about DragonCraft is there is no shop... at least not in the traditional sense. You will be able to build your kingdom by accruing enough resources and completing quests.
- You will notice small green circles around you kingdom. Tap on one of the circles to see what buildings you can place there.
- Select the building you wish to place there to be shown the resources that are necessary to complete the building.
- If you have the necessary resources you can confirm the placement of the building. If you do not have the resources you need you may need to visit the world map and fight some monsters, or wait for your other buildings to be ready to harvest from.
- Once your building is placed you will need to wait for it to be completed.
- Completing buildings will unlock new quests that will allow you to research upgrades.
- Some buildings will produce goods for your kingdom over time. When a building has goods for you to collect, there will be an icon of the item above the building. Tap on the building to collect your goods. As you level up you will be able to increase the output of these buildings.
Fighting Monsters and Dragons
- Now that your kingdom is well under way, it’s time to venture out onto the world map.
- On the world map, you will see various monsters scattered about.
- Tap on the monsters to defeat them and gain resources left behind, such as gold and/or timber.
- Occasionally, you will defeat a monster only to be alerted to the fact that a dragon is attacking another player nearby; they need your help!
- Go to their aid and fight the dragon.
- You will need to throw a spear at the dragon to get it to go away. If you manage to hit the dragon you will gain a dragon scale that can be used to hatch dragons to assist you in battle.
- You can use a regular spear and hope it hits the dragon or, if you have any, you can use a dragon spear for a guaranteed hit.
- Dragon spears are earned each time you level up; with that said, you can purchase them using MobaCoins.
- If you successfully hit the dragon you will be taken to your dragon forge where you will place the scale above the forge.
- Once you’ve collect five different scales, the scales will be added to the forge and you will gain a dragon egg.
- After a time the egg will hatch and you will have a new dragon that may come to your aid in battle.
Army Troops and Battles
- Before you can go into battle you will need to train your troops.
- This can be done in your kingdom by tapping on your Training Grounds.
- There are three different styles of troops to train: force, magic, and tech. Once you’ve unlocked troops in each style you will want to make sure you train troops across all three of them.
- However, at this point in the game you will only have access to the Pikemen (Force). Tap and drag the slider until you have trained the maximum number of troops.
- Now it’s time to visit the world map and look for bigger battles - ones more substantial than the "slash-to-kill" icons you see dotted around the world.
- Look for a circular icon with a non-playable-character's picture in it and tap on it. This may only present you with story details, but more often than not it will lead you towards a battle.
- If you have any dragons, they may come to your aid before the battle begins, knocking out some of your enemies' troops. Not a bad start!
- Once your dragon has left, it will be time to go to battle... if it's left anything uncrisped!
- Watch the battle play out to see if you're victorious.
- Once the battle is over, tap on the arrow icon at the bottom of the world map and replenish your troops by training more.
- Please be aware that you need food to train troops. If you're out of food you will need to get more resources before you can replenish your troops.
- As you progress through the game, you'll eventually unlock Acolytes (Magic) troops.
- Before you go into battle, you'll want to tap on the arrow at the bottom of the screen to open the army tab again.
- You'll be able to see what troops you have available. You should have both Pikemen and Acolytes. If you don’t, you may wish to do some training.
- From this tab, you can select which troops go into battle first.
- Battles continue until you win or unitl all your troops are wiped out.
Congratulations! You've completed the quick start guide for DragonCraft by ngmoco. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.