Game Introduction - Ghosts of Mistwood
Welcome to the quick start guide for Disney’s Ghosts of Mistwood. Your aunt has gone missing from the family estate and it’s up to you find her. Along the way you will uncover the secrets of the haunted manor and rebuild the manor grounds. This guide will help you familiarize yourself with the game world.
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- At the top of the screen you will find your current level and experience as well as you current balances for magic, lantern oil, coins, and gold bars.
- On the left side of the screen you will find your current quests. You can scroll through your quests by clicking the down and up arrows if you have more than four active quests.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find your friends, the edit button, game settings, the market, and your inventory.
- Coins: Coins are the currency of Ghosts of Mistwood. You will need coins to purchase buildings, decorations, creatures, and other items. You can earn coins by completing quests, clearing debris, and collecting coins from various buildings.
- Gold Bars: Gold bars are the premium currency in Ghosts of Mistwood. Gold bars can be purchased for cash or earned when you level up. Gold bars can be used to purchase premium content, speed up wait time, purchase ingredients, and skip over portions of quests.
- Magic: Magic is found by harvesting from certain items such as the willow tree. Magic can be used instead of gold bars to speed up wait times.
- Experience: You will be earning experience every time you perform an action. Once you’ve earned enough experience you will level up and unlock new items and quests.
- Fog: Fog conceals portions of the map. You will need lantern oil to light these areas and uncover the secrets that the fog hides.
- Lantern Oil: Lantern oil allows you to remove the fog surrounding your manor. You earn two lantern oils each time you level up. You can also purchase lantern oil using gold bars or you can craft lantern oil in the work house or medicine wagon.
- Quests: Quests provide you with tasks that will earn you additional coins and experience.
- Debris: You will find a lot of debris scattered around your manor grounds. Click on items to remove them. Most items can be removed quickly but certain items (such as the large corrupted tree) take upwards of an hour to clear. Clearing debris will earn you coins, experience, and crafting ingredients.
- Inventory: Your inventory is where you will find any ingredients you have collected as well as items you have crafted. You can hold up to 99 items for each ingredient.
- Crafting: You will be crafting numerous items using the ingredients you collect. Sometimes you will need to craft multiple items before crafting the item you need.
- Manor: Over the course of the game you will be restoring the dilapidated manor located on the grounds.
- Staff: You will need to hire staff to help you out with clearing debris, crafting items, and other chores. Some staff members can be found in the fog. You can also hire your friends and/or hire staff using gold bars.
- Market: The market is where you can purchase all the items you need restore the manor grounds.
- Crops: Some ingredients you will need will come from the crops you plant. You can grow items like clover and parsley. Crops are harvestable one time and then you will need to purchase them again.
- Trees: Trees are similar to crops but they allow for multiple harvests.
- Creatures: You can purchase animals that will provide ingredients when you feed them.
- Decorations: Decorations allow you to personalize your grounds.
- Buildings: You will be building various buildings on your grounds. Some buildings will provide you with coins over times and others can be used to craft items.
- Special: Under the special tab you can purchase additional lantern oil if you have enough gold bars.
Customizing the Grounds
- When you begin the game you will have a limited amount of space to work with.
- One of the first items you will want to build is a crafting station. However, you will want to wait until it shows up as a quest otherwise you will end up building it twice. Please see the section on crafting for more information on how to craft items.
- To purchase a building, click on the market button located at the bottom right of the screen.
- This will open the market window. Click on the building tab to bring up the buildings window.
- Select the building you wish to build.
- This will take you back to the main map. Place the building where you want it to be to confirm the purchase.
- Now you will need to build the building. Click on the building to send one of your staff over to build it.
- Some buildings will require you craft certain items before you complete them.
- Other buildings require that you staff them before they can be completed.
- Once you have all the items and/or staff necessary, click on the finish building button to complete the building.
- Over time many of your buildings will earn you coins that you can collect. When it’s time to collect there will be a coin icon above the building.
- Very quickly, you are going to begin to run out of room to build on.
- Before you expand your land by exploring the fog, you can remove the debris scattered around to make more room.
- Items like corrupted trees, rocks, and weeds, can be removed by clicking on them.
- Most items take around five seconds to remove but larger items can take up to an hour.
- You can speed up the time it takes by clicking speed up and using either magic or gold bars.
- By clearing debris you will also earn ingredients that can be used for crafting. Items you find will automatically be added to your inventory.
- Eventually you will need to venture into the foggy areas surrounding your grounds to open up more land.
- Click on the foggy areas to investigate them and open them up.
- Each time you search the fog you will use one lantern oil. Lantern oil is not easy to come by so use it sparingly. It will be necessary for quite a few quests as you continue the game.
- Searching the fog will not only provide more land to build on but will also uncover buildings, additional help, and extra resources.
- To progress in Ghosts of Mistwood you will be making use of your workshop quite a bit.
- Once you have built your workshop it’s time to begin crafting.
- Click on your workshop to view your crafting recipes.
- Each item you can craft has an ingredient list. Some are simple, such as a board only needs two twigs which are very easy to find. Other items have longer ingredient lists and the ingredients are more difficult to come by.
- Sometimes you will need to craft multiple items to craft the item you wish to make.
- Most of the ingredients you will need can be found by clearing debris, feeding animals, and harvesting crops. Others you will need to craft or request from friends.
- To find out where an item can be found, hover over it in the ingredient list. For example, hovering over stardust tells you that it can be gifted by friends and occasionally found by clearing debris.
- Once you have all the ingredients needed to craft an item, click the craft button.
- It will take time for the item to be completed. Once it is finished, an icon of the item will appear above your workshop.
- Click on the workshop to collect the item. It will be automatically added to your inventory.
- One item you will want to craft regularly is lantern oil. Lantern oil is necessary to uncovering the foggy areas of the map and completing quests.
- Early on you will only be able to craft one batch of lantern oil at a time. Once you have built the medicine wagon you will be able to craft green tincture which will allow you to craft three batches of lantern oil.
- When you collect lantern oil it will be added to your lantern oil balance instead of your inventory.
- You will need friends to progress in Ghosts of Mistwood.
- You can send gifts and receive gifts of ingredients that you need. The more friends you have playing the game the quicker you will be able to craft items with rare ingredients.
- You can also visit your friend’s estates and help them out.
- You can perform five actions while visiting a friend. Each action will earn you coins and 15 experience points.
- Once you’ve helped a friend five times you will be rewarded with bonus coins, experience and a thank you note (crafting ingredient).
- Once you have visited a friend you can leave them a gift on their grounds.
- You can visit each friend once every 24 hours.
Congratulations! You have completed the quick start guide for Ghosts of Mistwood by Disney. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.