Game Introduction - Dark Summoner
Dark Summoner is an online battle arena game from ATeam, Inc. in which you can battle with several players online, collecting monsters and upgrading them along the way. Our quick start guide has tips, tricks, images, and walkthroughs to help guide you to being the best player you can be.
Quick Start Guide
- Dark Summoner is a game you can play for free, all you have to do to get going is click on “Play Now!” at the top of this page.
- Starting the game on your device, you will immediately be asked to create an account before you can start playing. Go ahead and tap on Create New Account to begin.
- On the Choose Your Path screen, you can choose your player name, along with your choice of guild. Each of these guilds have their own personalities and goals. Choose whichever guild you feel would suit you best, then tap Next to continue.
- If you have been invited to play by a friend, you can go ahead and enter their Player ID on the Invite Bonus screen. For doing so, you’ll receive a bonus in-game monster summon.
- On this screen, you can also connect to OpenFeint, Twitter, and Facebook for extra Monster Summons per day. Only do this if you feel comfortable sharing game data with your friends once in a while.
- At this point, make absolutely sure you’re happy with your choice of name and guild, because they will now be finalized.
How to Play
- Learning how to play Dark Summoner is fairly easy, and we’ll go over just how to do that now. First, let’s learn how to summon monsters to play for us.
- On the main game screen, you can tap the button named “Summon” to open that menu.
- Here, we can see that there are two available summons for us to use. As this is your first time playing, you have one Dark Summon available for free use. Tap on “Summon” to bring the monster inside to life.
- The game will now show you a scene of the summon being brought in, and then show you the monster that you were able to summon. Note that you will have to scroll down to the bottom of the stats page to tap ‘OK’ and continue.
- Missions are also essential to making sure you earn experience and level up. From the game play screen, you can tap on “Mission” to access that menu.
- One of the first missions you will be given is “Rookies Field”, in which you will have to “Get used to leading your monster in the wild.”
- Completing missions doesn’t require you to actually move around on a screen or battle other players, just tap one button on the screen.
- Tap on “Do It” to start the mission. You can continue tapping on “Do It” to continue playing the mission and gain experience and gold.
- Occasionally after completing a mission in the game, you will find a monster that you can then use in your arsenal. The more you play a mission, the chances of you finding a monster increase.
- Now we can discuss how to upgrade summoned monsters in your arsenal. On the main play screen, you can enter the “Sacrifice” screen where you can level up your most powerful monsters by sacrificing less valuable ones.
- Tap on the monster you wish to upgrade, then on OK. Now you will need to choose which monster you want to sacrifice. After tapping on OK, you will be shown a quick scene showing the monster you upgraded.
- On the completed sacrifice screen, you will be shown the monster that you upgraded along with the upgraded stats.
- Battling enemies is probably one of the most important items to go over, and you can start this action by selecting “Battle” on the main play screen.
- After choosing which characters to battle with, the battle will the commence and complete automatically. Afterwards, you will be given the option to see how many battle points you used in the battle, along with how much XP, Gold, and Honor points you gained by winning the fight.
- On occasion while playing missions, you may come across boss characters that you will need to defeat before moving on.
- When these bosses come into battle, you will need to complete various phases in order to defeat the boss ultimately and gain a nice reward.
- After taking down a boss, you will then have to head back to the main home screen in order to collect and use any rewards gained.
Fighting Other Players
- One of Dark Summoner’s touted features is the ability to fight other players online. This is something you should do often as it can help you progress through the campaign and upgrade your characters the more often you do it.
- To battle other players, tap on the tab labeled “Battle” at the bottom of the main menu. Here, you will be shown a list of various players you can battle against, along with their level and attack strength.
- When you decide you want to fight against another one of these players, go ahead and tap on “View the Battle” to watch it play out. If you’re impatient and do not care to see the battle, you can tap on “Skip to Results” to be taken directly to the results.
- If you fail a battle, don’t worry! You can always take on lesser opponents and upgrade your monsters to take on more difficult enemies later.
- If you want to ally with friends to earn extra bonuses in battle, you can do so by tapping on the Menu button, then on Allies. Then, you will just need to enter in your friends’ Player ID to earn bonuses using them.
- If you are enjoying the game but finding character progression to be a bit slow, you can purchase potions in the in-game shop that will give your character an instant boost.
- A daily bonus of experience, gold and honor points can be collected once per day when you collect stamps. Make sure to login to the game once per day to continue collecting these stamps for better rewards!
- You have completed the quick start guide for Dark Summoner. With these tips and tricks, you should be making quick work of your online rivals in no time! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more about the games you love.