Game Introduction - Dark Manor
Dark Manor is a hidden object game from Big Fish Games, wherein you will need to explore a 1920s haunted mansion. Finding objects and seeking them out is the name of the game, and with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. Dark Manor is a free to play game, so there’s no worry if you discover it’s not your bag.
- Note that you will need a constant internet connection to the game in order to play it. It’s recommended you have a good WiFi connection before starting the game.
- Once you start the game for the first time, you’ll need to begin the game by pressing the “Enter” button.
- At this point, you’ll be shown a bit of an introduction to the characters in the game. Keep tapping on the screen to advance the story until it’s finished.
How to Play
- Once you begin playing the game, you’ll need to begin collecting objects.
- When you collect a needed item, it will give you the ectoplasm inside it. You can see the list of items at the bottom of each hidden object scene.
- As you see the objects on screen, just tap to collect them. Keep tapping on them as you see them to finish the scene.
- When you do finish the scene, you will collect the ectoplasm within it.
- You need this ectoplasm to cure the ghosts of their curse.
- If you are unable to find the items you are looking for, you can hold and drag on the screen to move your view. You can also zoom out by pinching on the screen.
- Finding objects may not be so easy, especially at first. To alleviate that worry, you can use the built-in hint system to find items.
- When you tap on the hint button, an item that has yet to be found will be surrounded by a burst of light. You can then tap on it to collect it.
Quests and Achievements
- Quests are a great way to ensure that you are on the right path to success in these hidden object scenes.
- You’ll know you have a quest by checking the icons on the left side of the screen. Tap on each one of those to see the tasks required to complete them.
- One of the first quests you are given is to visit the fortuneteller’s shops.
- When you complete a quest, a pop-up will show that you completed it, along with any reward you have earned along the way. Tap on “Collect” to collect these rewards.
- At this point, you can also spin a slot machine of sorts that allows you to earn gold, XP, and coins.
- Once finished with the scene, you’ll also get a results screen where you can see how you did in the scene, including how much gold, XP, and coins you earned while playing.
- Achievements can also be earned in the game. Much like Quests, they have rewards attached to them. However, most of the achievements you can attain have higher requirements than normal quests.
Decorating the Mansion
- As you collect rewards for completing quests and scenes, you can use the juju to build structures in the mansion.
- To build structures, tap on the “Build” button on the bottom menu.
- In this menu, you can tap on the structure you wish to build and then on the green check to finish placing it.
- Once you’ve placed the structure you’re building, you’ll need to wait for it to be built. If you don’t want to wait for the building to complete, you can use gold to finish it immediately.
Playing Hidden Object Scenes
- A menu at the bottom of the screen has a magnifying glass. You can tap on this to begin selecting a hidden object scene.
- You can keep selecting the same scenes and play them again and again for as long as you have energy. Each time you want to play a hidden object scene, it will expend energy.
- As you play scenes and earn additional points, more scenes will be unlocked for you to play.
- In certain scenes, you may have to collect multiple objects of the same kind. In these types of scenes, you can keep collecting these objects until there are no more on screen.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Dark Manor. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!