CityVille - Game Introduction
Welcome to the CityVille Strategy Guide at Gamezebo! CityVille lets you build your very own thriving metropolis! Start out with a small plot of farm land and strategically build, decorate, invest, and expand until you have a City everyone wants to visit. Your Neighbors will even want to build franchises in your city so let them build on your land, have you build on theirs and you both can share the profits! This walkthrough includes tips, tricks, hints, cheats, and a strategy guide to get your best score on CityVille. This guide will be updated as the game changes so be sure to check back frequently and click to follow CityVille on Gamezebo to be notified of updates.
- CityVille can be played at Facebook by clicking on the link at the top of this page.
- You must have an active Facebook account to play. If you don't have one you can sign up for a free account here - http://www.facebook.com
- You will be prompted to give your email address and permission to post messages related to your game on your Facebook profile. Click on "Allow All" when prompted as Zynga can send you emails when there are special game update announcements or contests.
- You will first be prompted to give your City a Name and as you play the game will be allowed to name all of the businesses as well.
- You will be introduced to the game's Tutorial Character "Samantha" who is also listed in your Neighbor list at the bottom of the screen. Tap on her icon then on "Visit" and you can see what a level 20 game screen has available. You will be rewarded for visiting this computer neighbor once every 24 hours (100 Coins, 3 Energy, and 1 XP) and can do 5 tasks to earn extra income, energy, XP, and goods just like any other Neighbor.
- You will start the game with 7,000 Gold Coins and 5 CityVille Bucks as seed money. You will also have a maximum of 12 Energy and this will regenerate by 1 every 3 minutes and each time you level up in the game the maximum amount of energy you can earn is increased by 1 and you will earn 1 Free CityVille Buck and unlock various items in the shop and free gifts you can send to Neighbors.
- Neighbors are critical to success in the game and many levels require you to have a certain number of Neighbors to level up or purchase certain items needed to complete a goal. A great place to look for CityVille Neighbors is the CityVille page at Facebook found here - CityVille at Facebook Once at this page you can post a comment of "Add Me" then wait for people to send you friend invitations and invite them to be your CityVille Neighbor.
- If you play Farmville, you may want to consider inviting your Farmville Neighbors to join you in CityVille.
- Here you will see the elements listed on the game screen. Each one is labeled and described in detail below.
- A. Game Currency Indicators - Here you will see the 2 types of game currency Gold Coins and CityVille Bucks. You can also click here to purchase additional coins or CityVille bucks if you wish.
- B. Energy Meter - This indicates how much energy you have at a given time. Place your cursor over this indicator to see what your maximum amount of energy is. (This increases by 1 every time you level up in the game) Energy also regenerates at a rate of 1 every 5 minutes (see "Energy" below for more information.)
- C. Goods Indicator - This meter indicates the number of goods you have in storage. If you place your cursor over this meter it will show you the maximum amount of storage you have. This number varies based on the number of barns and silos you have purchased and placed in your City. (See "Goods" below for more details.)
- D. Level/XP Indicators - The star shows your current level and the meter indicates how many XP (Experience Points) you currently have. When this meter fills up you level up. Clicking on the blue stars that come out of houses, crops and Businesses represent XP. (See "XP" below for more information.)
- E. Current (incomplete) Goals - Here you will see your goal list. Click on any icon to see what you must do to complete this goal. Completing goals rewards you with XP, currency and other prizes.
- F. Train Station - This is your City Train Station and clicking on the depot will allow you to buy or sell goods needed for restocking businesses with your Neighbors. (See "Train Station/Buying and Selling Goods" below for more information.)
- G. Population Indicator - You must place your cursor over this area to see the statistics shown in the image above. This will tell you how many people live in your city and what the maximum is. You may need to purchase additional community buildings if you need more population to complete a goal or purchase an item. The Smiley face icon will change colors if the population is unhappy you may need to add more businesses and houses to your City.
- H. Neighbor Menu - Here you will see a list of your Neighbors in order of their level from lowest to highest ending in the computer Tutorial friend "Samantha" at the very end of the list. Click on an icon then on "Visit" or "Gift" (See more about Visiting Neighbors and Sending Free Gifts Below)
- I. Game Controls - Click on the top button to cause this to expand to the top as shown in image above. Here you can toggle game sound, music, zoom in and out, or change image quality. You can also make the game full screen from this menu.
- J. Game Tools - Here you will see all you need to control items in your City. The Arrow button on the left once clicked on will raise up as shown in the image above. Here you can move, rotate, or remove an item. Click on the command you want and then on the item you want to act upon. (See Moving,Rotating and Removing items below.)
- K. Special Features - Click on the right icon to expand this menu list. Here you can access Collections, your inventory, and your Franchise Headquarter menus. (Read about all of these in detail below for more information.)
- There are 2 types of currencies in CityVille.
- Gold Coins - This is the basic currency of the game which is used for most transactions. You start out with 7,000 Gold Coins and whenever you see gold coins come out of a building or crop be sure to click on it to add it to your total.
- CityVille Bucks - This is the premium currency of the game and allows you to purchase higher end items, reduce wait times, hire community workers for your community buildings and purchase items that can only be gifted otherwise such as zoning permits.
- You are given 5 CityVille bucks when you start the game and will be awarded at least 1 each time you level up in the game. This amount could increase as you reach the higher levels of the game.
- Be sure to watch the live feeds for Gold Coin Bonuses and gifts from Neighbors
How to purchase additional Currency
- To purchase additional currency simply click on the "Add Coins and Cash" button located under the currency indicators at the top left of the screen.
- You will be taken to a different screen where you can choose which type and denomination of currency you would like to purchase.
- You can use your Paypal, Credit Card or Facebook Credits to purchase additional currency.
XP (Experience Points)
- XP - (Experience Points) Are points that you earn for playing the game and performing specific activities while logged in.
- When you perform an activity such as harvest a crop, build a building, or help a Neighbor you will see coins, blue XP Stars, Energy lightning bolts and collection items pop out and as you click on them they will add to their assigned indicators. You should see the XP add to your total at the top right of the game screen near the level star.
- Note the XP meter which fills up as you complete a level and starts over when you begin a new one.
- TIP - Be sure to click on "Bonus XP" messages when you see them in the live feeds. They will help you level up much faster.
- Energy is critical as you will need it to build buildings, harvest crops, and work with your franchises as well as visiting your Neighbors and helping them.
- A task will deduct 1 energy point each time you click on an item but each building varies on the number of energy points needed to complete it. Keep an eye on your energy meter at all times. It may take 2 to 10 clicks before a building is finished. Each time you do this you are also rewarded with coins, energy, collection items and XP Stars which you should click on when you see them.
- The only task that does not deduct from your energy reserves is planting crops. Harvesting or pulling withered crops will cost 1 energy Point.
- The energy meter is located at the top center of the game screen. (Lightning Bolt)
- You will start the game with a maximum of 12 energy.
- Energy points regenerate at a rate of 1 point every 5 minutes up to your Maximum.
- As you level up the maximum amount of energy you can hold is increased by 1 each time you level up.
- Batteries are energy! Gift Batteries to your Neighbors and encourage them to do the same for you.
- If you are building business or houses around your City and you run out of energy you are at a standstill until you can get more. There are many ways to get more energy fast when you run out. (See below)
- You may see a lightning bolt when you click on buildings. These represent actual energy points immediately credited to your account for use. (Very valuable) click on these immediately when you see them.
- Be sure to post any energy bonuses on the live feeds so your Neighbors will do so as well.
- At the bottom left you will see the name of your City and a Smiley Face icon which may be happy or unhappy.
- Place your cursor over this area and statistics will appear as shown in the image above.
- Here you will see your current population and the maximum allowable population based on the number of houses and community buildings you have in place.
- If the people are unhappy try adding more businesses and houses to your City until this meter shows your town is happy.
- CityVille is centered around the goals it gives you to complete.
- There will always be goals for you to work on which when completed unlock more fun things to do, rewards and more building Types.
- Goals are located along the left side of the game screen and at least 3 at a time will always be in progress. Click on the goal icon to read more about it such as what is needed and your progress on that specific goal.
- Each person's game will be a little different depending on how fast they complete certain goals.
- It is not known at this time how many goals are in the game but there is never a time without goals and it is expected more will be added frequently.
- Rewards are given when a goal is completed and you can post a live feed message that will allow your Neighbors to have a bonus of either XP, energy, or Coins.
- NOTE - If you are willing to pay real currency you can speed up completion of goals. There is usually always an option to purchase completed items to help you finish your goals.
TIP - There are useful hints written at the bottom of every goal menu. These are quite helpful and it is in your best interest to follow these hints at all times
- To Purchase businesses, decorations, houses, community buildings and more click on the "Build" button at the bottom right of the game screen.
- This will open the game store. Along the top you will see all of the categories you can purchase from.
- Click on the Category then the item you wish to purchase.
- Note that some items can be purchased with coins and some with CityVille Bucks.
- Some items need to be unlocked by reaching certain levels, completing certain goals, or having a certain number of Neighbors.
- Once you click on the item you will be taken back to your City where you can place the item. (See Building and Placing items below)
Building and placing properties on your Land/Growing your Population
- Houses allow you to grow the population in your City.
- Click on the "Build" button at the bottom right of your game screen.
- Click on the "Houses" button at the top left category area.
- Choose the house you wish to place by clicking on it.
- NOTE - Each house will earn taxes you can collect at certain intervals. The first house you will build in the tutorial earns you coins every 5 minutes.
- IMPORTANT - Each house MUST be placed next to a road so that the moving van can drive to it.
- You will need to click on the construction site at least 2 times (more with more expensive houses) and each time the house will release coins, XP stars, or lightning bolts for 1 free energy point.
- Click on the house until it is complete and a moving van will drive up and let people out into your City.
- TIP - Arrange your houses so that you can place several of them in a row with streets between them.
- Keep placing houses until you are told you need to build a community building which at first will be City Hall. Once you place a community Building and hire workers to complete it then more population can be added to your City.
Community Buildings/Hiring Crew Members/Joining Neighbor's Crews
- If you try to build a house and are told you need more community buildings you will need to go into the community Buildings menu and build one to completion before you can more in more residents.
- City Hall is the first building and then the Police Station, Post Office, Emergency Center, etc.
- These buildings are placed the same way as houses and must be along a road.
- The major difference is that Community buildings are required to have employees before they are finished.
- A menu will appear showing how many jobs need to be filled. Click on "Hire Neighbors" and you will be taken to a menu that allows you to choose friends and send them an invitation to take the job. If they accept their picture will show up on the employee menu.
- If you do not have enough neighbors to fill these positions or do not want to wait for neighbors to respond you can purchase a "Samantha" Computer Neighbor for 1 CityVille Buck by clicking on the button underneath.
- As soon as you have all employee positions filled click on the building one final time and you will now be allowed to have more population in your City and can begin to build more houses or apartments.
- Joining Neighbor's Crews - Keep an eye on the home page at Facebook for postings of others needed people to work in their community buildings or look for messages sent to you asking you to help. You will receive a coin bonus for helping out your Neighbor.
- Goods are what you need to stock your businesses and each business requires a different amount of goods which need to be continuously restocked once they run out.
- Goods are seen as a crate and one crate can represent up to 15 goods at a time. Crates from the farm areas have fruit in them but they are the same as the closed crates and they all add to the Goods meter at the top of the game screen with the crate next to it.
- Place your cursor over the Goods meter to see how many you have and the maximum amount you are allowed to have.
- The maximum amount of goods is determined by the number of Silos and barns you have placed in your City. If you find you never have enough storage space simply add more.
- Crates will come out of buildings and harvested crops. Be sure to click on them to get credit for them.
Businesses/Collecting Profits/Re-stocking Goods
- There are many fun animated businesses you can place in your City. As you level up even more will unlock each earning different amounts of income and each taking different amounts of time before they need to be restocked.
- Once you choose the business you wish to place be sure to place it in front of the road until you see the tiny tour bus icon over it with the green grid underneath the building. This will guide your placement correctly as the Tour buses bring customers to your stores.
- You will build the stores the same way as other buildings and each time you use energy items will release for you to click on.
- NOTE - The different types of businesses and crops will release different collection items. For example Toy stores release toy collection items, Strawberry crops release strawberry dessert collection items.
- TIP - It is important to have a large variety of Stores and not several of just one type.
- Once the business building is finished you will be asked to stock it with goods. You will see a crate icon over the building. If you place your cursor on the building it will tell you how many will be needed. Click on the building and it will stock the store and immediately the items will begin to sell until they are all gone.
- Once all the items are sold a money bag with a "$" sign will appear over it. Click on the money bag and you will collect all the coins earned and a few XP stars.
- You will need to restock the building right after you collect your profits to keep things going as you do not earn any money until the profits are collected and building restocked.
- If the business is fully stocked and you log out of the game it continues to work until the items are gone.
- You will be able to name each business right after you build it. Your Neighbors will be able to see the names of your Businesses.
How to Start a Franchise and encourage and place Franchises from Neighbors in your City
- A Franchise is when one business allows another person to sell its goods or services for a portion of the profits.
- In CityVille you can franchise some of your businesses such as the Bakery, Toy store and more.
- Once you start a business and you visit a Neighbor that has a plot of land available for Franchises click on this plot of land and then choose the business you wish to place there. Make sure it is bumped against the road and you see the tiny tour bus icon above it before you click to lock it in.
- Once locked in you will be able to stock the items in the store. Now the customers from your Neighbor's City will visit your store and you will receive at least 20% of the profits but sometimes more depending on your level and the business.
- You can only franchise one business per Neighbor but you can place franchises at many neighbor's Cities.
- As you level up and have a certain number of franchises built you will eventually be able to build a Headquarters for your business.
- Headquarters can be found in the inventory area and they are very expensive to build. Usually 10 energy along with the coin cost.
- Once you have the headquarters built in your City you can simply click on it and a menu will appear showing you all the neighbors you have built franchises for and you will be able to send them reminders and restock the stores from this menu.
- NOTE - If you do not have a headquarters but you have a few franchises you can get this franchise menu to appear by going into the area where you inventory is (Click on the boxes next to the arrow button near game controls) and click on the headquarters button. You can use this until you build the huge headquarter buildings in your City.
- As you level up more businesses will be available for franchise and more headquarters will be available for you to build in your City.
- Watch for messages in the live feeds for people who want you to build franchises in their Cities as this is a great way to earn extra money.
- How to encourage others to place franchises in your City - Click on the Build button and go to the "Businesses" area and the first option is a blank plot of land which is free of charge. Place this plot in your city making sure it is against a road so that the tour buses can bring customers to the business.
- Next you have the option of sending out a message posted to your wall or profile page and this will alert others to place a business there. You can stock the store for your neighbor if you wish or you can remind them that they need to keep the business stocked with goods.
Re-Stocking Goods in your Businesses and Franchises/Franchise Headquarters
- When a business is fully stocked customers walk into the stores and purchase items decreasing your goods number by 1 at a time.
- Once you have sold all of the items a money bag with a "$" sign will appear over the business and it will not make any more money until you click on the building and collect the money and then restock the building with goods.
- When you click on the building to collect the money you will see large money bags and XP stars come from the building. This money bag represents all the money earned by that business in the last cycle and the XP is added to your overall score to help you level up.
- After the money is collected a new icon of a crate will appear over the building. Placing your cursor on the building will tell you how many goods are needed to restock the business. Click on the building and it will be instantly restocked and customers will start purchasing again.
- Restocking your Franchises - If you have built franchises in your Neighbor's cities you can either go to their city and replenish the goods or you can click on the headquarter building if you have one or go to the headquarter menu (listed above in "Game Elements" letter "K")
- As you build a franchise headquarter note that you can collect a bonus once every 24 hours which increases the more you restock your franchises with goods.
- Once you collect your Franchise bonus you will add another story to your headquarters. Eventually you will have a skyscraper in your City! This also triggers a bonus you can post on the live feeds for your neighbors.
How to move, rotate, store or delete items
- Until you are able to expand your land you will need to know how to move items around your City, rotate them, or place them into inventory for later use.
- Using the menu at the lower right corner click on the arrow and use the controls shown.
- Moving Items - To move an item click on "Move" and an icon will stick to your cursor. Click on the item you wish to move and then click on the item you wish to place it if you see a green grid under it showing that it can be safely placed.
- REMEMBER! You must place businesses and houses along roads so that tour buses and/or moving vans can get people to them.
- Rotating Items - Click on the Rotate button then on the item you wish to rotate. Click it several times until the item is facing the desired direction.
- Storing Items - Click on the Inventory button and then on the item you wish to place in inventory and it will be placed in the inventory box. You can also get the item out by clicking on the inventory box and then placing the item back into the City.
- Removing Items - Use the Removing Items button to delete items from the game. Click on the item you wish to remove and then confirm.
- You are given a small Barn for Storage and 4 Farm Plots when you begin the game.
- The tutorial will take you through a brief harvesting session to show you how it works.
- Strawberries are the least expensive crop at 20 coins each and only take 5 minutes to mature. The next crop takes 1 hour to mature so you will want to utilize the Strawberry crop as much as possible while in the game.
- Click on the Strawberries to harvest them and you will see coins, energy, XP, Goods and sometimes Strawberry Collectible items come out. Click on these items and they will be added to your total. Mostly you will receive goods and this is a great way to replenish goods if you are running low.
- Once a crop is harvested you will see the dirt plot which does not need to be plowed. Simply click on the plot and the Shop menu will automatically open to the farming area. Click on the Strawberries or whatever crop you wish to grow and then on the dirt plot and it will immediately begin to grow.
- TIP - If you place your cursor over the plot you will see a countdown clock that shows you how much time is left until the crop is ready to harvest.
- If you do not harvest the crop in time it will spoil and you will lose your investment.
- It does NOT cost any energy to plant crops but it does cost 1 energy to harvest a crop plot.
- Be sure to place more crop plots as this is a great way to make goods and money fast especially with the Strawberry Crop.
- TIP - There is a goal coming up fairly soon that requires you to search through Carrots which is an 8 hour crop. Once Carrots are unlocked be sure to plant a few plots of these right away.
- TIP - Be sure to keep the plots in one area. Do not spread them out all over the City as that will cause confusion and may make you miss a harvest.
- If a crop does spoil just tap on it to clean and then it will be immediately ready for use. There is no cost to clean but you earn no reward and lose your initial investment.
- As you level up in the game more crops will become available with higher profits and longer maturation times.
- TIP - A Neighbor that visits your City can revive a spoiled crop for you so if you have a lot of neighbors you may want to wait and see if anyone will do this for you or you could ask a friend to do this for you. If this is done you will see a blue hue outlining the crop and it will be alive again. If a Neighbor revives a crop for you it can wither again if you do not harvest it before its allotted maturation time.
Sending and Receiving Items via Train
- In the image above you will see a train platform at the upper left side of your City.
- There is a padlock over this until you reach level 5 in which it is unlocked and you can use it for buying and selling goods with your Neighbors.
- If you are running low on Goods this is a great way to get more fast.
- Click on the Train Platform and this will bring up the menu which has 2 tabs along the top. Sell Goods and Buy Goods.
- If you wish to buy goods Choose the option you want by clicking on it. The first option available allows you to purchase 50 crates for 210 coins and it takes 5 minutes before the goods are delivered to you.
- If you choose this option after 5 minutes you will see a railroad sign appear at the top of your goals list shown in the image above. .
- Next you will see the train coming to the depot with your Facebook user profile pic over the Engine car.
- Tap on the profile pic and options will expand to the right which say your Neighbors have sold you 50 Goods. Click on "Collect" and the goods will be delivered and you will need to click on them so they will be added to your total.
- If you want to sell your Goods to your Neighbors you use the same process in reverse. Choose the option to sell and a train will come to your City immediately. After the time is up the train will return and drop off your money.
Collections/Redeeming Completed Collections/Wishlist
- As you are harvesting crops, collecting rents from houses, or profits from your businesses or franchises you may in addition to the XP stars, good crates, and coins see various items that are part of collections.
- There are currently 32 Collections to work toward each requiring you to find 5 items to complete the collection and after you finish one you can redeem the collection for various prizes. Some are XP and Coins and some are items you can place in your City such as animals and decor. As soon as you redeem a collection you can start over and collect it again.
- You may find several of one item and if so the number will appear at the bottom right corner. It is always valuable to click on a collectible even if you are sure you already have one as you can find a collection several times repeatedly during the game.
- "WISHLIST" - At the top you will see "Wishlist" If you click on the small blue wavelength type icon in the bottom left corner of an item you want it will move into your Wishlist area. You can post up to five items in you Wishlist at a time. After you have completed the list you can post your Wishlist on the live feed at Facebook and if any of your Neighbors have an item you want they can gift it to you. Be sure to update your Wishlist daily!
- You will find collectibles all over. When you are collecting profits from the flower shop you will find flower collectibles, and if you are collecting from the bike store you will find Bike Collectibles. This is why it is important to have at least one of every type of store in order to finish your collections.
- As you continue to progress in the game you will find even more items and finish more collections. It is certain that more collections will be added to the game in the future.
Inviting Neighbors/Visiting Neighbors Daily for Profit
- How to Invite Neighbors - It is important that you have as many Neighbors as possible as Neighbors can help you earn extra money, energy, goods, and XP.
- You can earn by visiting Neighbors for a daily reward and doing 5 tasks for them that earn you both a reward, you or your neighbors can post live feed messages for coin, XP and energy bonuses, your Neighbors can send you energy for free when you run out, send you a free gift once every 24 hours, and send you gift items on your wishlist to help you finish Collections.
- Above the game screen there is a tab that states "Invite Friends" Click on this tab and you will be taken to a screen that lets you invite your Facebook friends to play the game.
- They or you must accept an invitation to be neighbors before you appear on each others neighbor list.
- Visiting Neighbors - Once your friend is on your Neighbor list click on the image at the bottom of the screen and two options appear "visit" and "gift"
- Click on "Visit" and you will be taken to your Neighbor's City.
- Once every 24 hours you can visit your Neighbor for a reward and a chance to do 5 tasks for your neighbor that you will both profit from. You will be rewarded 100 Coins, 3 Energy, and 1 XP once every 24 hours. If you visit a neighbor and do not see the notification sign right away that means you have already visited that neighbor within the last 24 hours.
- TIP - It is best to visit neighbors in the order they are listed to keep track of them especially if you have a large number of Neighbors to visit.
- Once the screen loads you can see your Neighbor's City Name at the bottom left of the screen.
- Note that there are 5 lightning bolts along the left side of your screen. These represent energy that you can use in that Neighbor's City.
- You can use an energy point to visit Stores, Harvest, Water, or revive dead crops, Chop Down Trees and more.
- Click on the task you wish to do for your Neighbor and you both will be rewarded. The coins XP, Goods, Energy and Collectibles will come out just as they do when you do these tasks in your City for your Neighbor and you will be rewarded with 25 coins and 1 Reputation point per task. The reputation point is seen as a heart icon. Click on the hearts and coins to add to your score. This will give you a total of 125 coins and 5 Reputation points per visit in addition to your 100 coins, 3 Energy, and 1 XP when you first visit your Neighbor.
- Anything you do will be highlighted with a blue hue that your neighbor will be able to see.
- When Your Neighbor goes into the game they will see your Facebook profile picture and will need to click on it to cause an option menu to expand to the right. They have the option to accept or decline the work you have done in their City.
- Once they click on "Accept" they will see the tour buses move to any stores you visited and lumberjacks chopping down any trees you clicked on as well as the items that fall out during the task which they can then click on for profit.
- IMPORTANT - Keep an eye out for empty lots in your Neighbors Cities to place a franchise. If you see one and can afford it be sure to place them while doing Neighbor visits. (See placing Neighbor Franchise above)
Reputation Level/Reputation Bonuses
- As you perform the 5 activities for your Neighbor you will notice you earn hearts along with coins.
- Hearts count as 1 reputation point which adds up at the top of the game screen.
- Each time you earn a certain amount of Reputation points for visiting Neighbors you move up a level.
- The higher your Reputation level the more bonus points you will earn and can share with others via live the live feed.
- For each Neighbor you visit if you perform the 5 tasks for them your grand total reward could potentially be 100-225 Coins, or 50 Goods, 3 Energy Points, 5 Reputation Points, and 1 XP. (NOTE - Businesses will give you coins, and crops will give you goods along with your Reputation points.)
- You can only collect this reward once every 24 hours per Neighbor.
Accepting Help from a Neighbor that Visits your City
- If Neighbors have visited your City you will see their profile pic located somewhere in your city.
- Click on the image and a menu will extend to the right and you can choose "Accept" or "Decline"
- Note you will see a blue hue around certain areas. These are places that your Neighbors have helped you.
- TIP - Be sure to accept all Neighbor help before you do anything else in the game. You may find the neighbor has already done an action for you and this can save you coins.
- Once you click on accept you will see the actions occurring again. Tour buses will visit stores, trees will be chopped down, crops will be watered or harvested and the reward items will come out. Be sure to click on these in the usual manner.
- Be sure to send your friend a thank you gift or visit their City to help them.
Sending and Receiving Daily Free Gifts
- Every 24 hours you can send 1 free gift to your Neighbors that will help them in the game.
- Each time you level up you unlock more items to choose from that can be sent as gifts.
- Click on the item you wish to send and then click on "Proceed to send"
- You will be taken to a list of Neighbors. Check off those you wish to send to then click on "Send"
- If a Neighbor sends you a free gift you will be notified in the Game Notification area at the top right of the game screen shown in image above.
- Click on the "Z" and a menu will appear showing Neighbor invitations, Gifts sent and bonuses.
- Click on accept and the gift items will be found in your inventory. Be sure to check these items as they may be items on your wishlist or items you need for a collection.
- Your wishlist is conveniently shown at the top of your inventory menu to help you see if you have that item.
- Click on an item to use it.
Congratulations + Follow CityVille
- You have completed the basic game play guide for CityVille by Zynga Games at Facebook. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!