Game Introduction - Car Town Streets
Car Town Streets by Cie Games is an adorable and engaging game where cars run the town and you run the cars! Build the town, purchase cars or search for abandoned cars to restore and upgrade. Give your cars a place to work and watch the money roll in. As you level up you will be able to purchase, find or restore up to sixty elaborate cars, thirty five of which are from licensed manufacturers. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Car Town Streets can be found by clicking on the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- You will be asked if you would like push notifications sent to your device when you load the game for the first time. You can change your notifications settings at any time in the settings menu. These will alert you when time sensitive actions are completed.
- You will be introduced to “Roxy” who will give you a brief tutorial at the beginning of the game that will show you how to work through various game elements. This guide will get you started and give you a much more detailed look at how to play the game along with player tips for better scores.
- Game Center – You will next be asked if you would like to associate your game with Game center. If you would like to do this, tap on “Ok” then restart the game. You will only have to do this once.
Name your Town
- Tap on “My Town” at the top center of the game screen which will allow you to name your town. You have sixteen characters maximum using letters of numbers.
- Tap on the main menu button at the lower left corner then on the gear icon for the settings menu. Here you can adjust game audio options, adjust which notifications you want on or off and find links for game forums and to connect to the game developer. CTS_03.jpg
- Level indicator/XP Stars – Each time you collect money, complete a quest, complete a building, place décor, or win a Grand prix race you will also earn green stars which are XP or experience points. These are needed in order to level up and unlock more cars, businesses and other items in the game shop. Along the top left corner of the game screen you will see your level indicator which looks like a speedometer. As this fills up you are closer to the next level. It will also show you how many more XP you need to reach the next level in the game.
- Currency indicators – Next to the level indicator at the top left you will see currency indicators. Here you will see how many coins and how much cash you have on hand. You are given 40,000 coins when you start the game and 30 cash. Read about “Game Currency” below for more information.
- Parts indicator – Below the currency indicators and next to the level indicator at the top left is your parts indicator. This tells you how many parts you have on hand to use for upgrading or tuning up your cars which makes them payout more money at various intervals and become more valuable during races. (Read about “Parts” below for more detailed information.)
- Fuel indicators – Your fuel indicators are located at the upper right corner of the game screen showing defensive and offensive fuel supplies.
- Goals – The clipboard icon at the lower right will take you to your game goals.
- Grand Prix race – Tap on this icon to race against others playing the game.
- Gold Coins – This is the basic game currency and what you are awarded when you complete collect from a car, fuel a car, replace its tires, complete goals, collect bonuses and win races. You will start the game with forty thousand gold coins.
- Cash – This is the premium currency of the game. You can use this currency to purchase high end vehicles from a showroom that have large payouts at frequent intervals. You can use it to upgrade cars you already own increasing their payouts, you can skip quests, and you can instantly complete construction projects and the removal of rocks and trees that are in your way. You are given thirty premium cash when you start the game and will use some of it during the tutorial. You may also win some in various quests or races. Once you are out you will have to purchase more using real currency.
- Additional cash must be purchased with real currency. You can access the currency by tapping on the currency indicator along the top left of the game screen or when you try to purchase something the game will prompt the menu for you.
- Purchases are considered “In app” purchases and will be charged to your mobile device. Each type of currency is available in bundles. The larger the bundle you purchase the better overall rate you will receive.
- Prices of gold coins range from $1.99 to $29.99 USD and cash prices range from $4.99 to $99.99 USD.
Rusty’s Car Rescue
- When you start the game you will first be introduced to “Rusty’s Car Rescue” This is a very important business that is already in place when you start the game. This is where you will store all of your cars that are not yet ready to be placed on the road. There is also a shop next to it which is where salvaged cars are rebuilt. Once you visit Rusty’s car rescue it will help you to find old cars and restore them for use in your town. You may also find parts, fuel, trophies, and more than one car.
- Tap on the “Find Cars” button and you will be taken to a map with locations you can pay to search in. As you level up more locations will be available on this map and each one is more expensive and you will find better cars in these locations.
- The first location unlocked is the “Suburbs” and it will cost five hundred coins each time you search this location. There are nine potential cars you can find at each location and you will be shown six of the nine on a screen such as the one shown above. Some are common and some are scarce or rare finds. CTS_08.jpg
- Once in the map you will see ten red pins located in the map. Tap on each pin and your car will move to it. You will then see what you have found and it will tag behind your car. Once you have hit all ten pin tap on “home” and the car will take you home and add all the loot you have found to your totals.
- Note – There is always a chance your tow truck could get a flat tire during the search. If this happens you will have to either limp home with nothing or pay one cash dollar to fix the flat tire.
Building the cars you find
- Once cars are found they are shown covered up and held in storage. You will have to pay and wait over time to restore them. Tap on the car and it will be placed in the restoration garage. It could be for several minutes or several hours depending on the car. If you have cash on hand you can use it for instant completion of the car.
- Once completed you will tap on the restoration garage and will see the car you have found and restored.
Adding new cars to your town
- Once you add a new car to your town whether you purchase it, win it, or restore it you will be taken to a screen where you can give it a name on its license plate. Once you do this you cannot go back and change these details so make sure you have the car set the way you want it.
- Note along the bottom of the screen it will tell you how many coins your car will earn and at what interval.
- Each time your car goes to work it will earn money and XP for you.
- Each time you upgrade your car it will earn money and XP for you.
- Each time you put fuel in your car it will earn money and XP for you.
- Each time you put new tires on your car it will earn money and XP for you.
- Each time you win a Grand Prix race your car will earn money and XP for you.
- When you start the game you will see a showroom already in place. Showrooms have high end cars for sale which you can purchase using cash only. These cars are very expensive and optional to own. If you choose to purchase one you will likely have to purchase additional cash with real currency as an in app purchase.
- The main difference is that showroom cars you can choose the color of the car.
- These cars can be upgraded with parts to increase the amount of money they payout at varying intervals.
- As you level up in the game more cars are available for purchase in the showroom.
Adding Businesses to your Town
- One of the first tasks you will be asked to do in the game tutorial is to place a business to your town.
- Tap on “Menu” then on “Shop” then on “Business” to reach the business purchase menu. Tap on “Pizza shop” which is the first available business to place.
- Use your fingertip to move the building to a location where its parking lot is directly adjacent to a road. It will turn green when you can place it. Tap on the green check mark to lock in the purchase. You may also rotate the building if needed by tapping on the arrows in the center.
- Next you will see the building under construction. It normally takes four hours to complete this building but you will be prompted in the tutorial to spend four cash bucks to finish it instantly.
Assigning Jobs to your Cars
- Each car you place in your town will want a job and each car has a preference as to what kind of job it will want.
- Tap on a car and assign it to the pizza shop. The car will announce along the bottom of the screen what type of business it would like to work in whether it is food service, public service, etc.
- Once you assign your first car to a job you will unlock the parts shop.
Collecting funds from your cars
- When a car is ready for funds to be collected you will see a coin icon over it.
- Tap on the coin icon to collect the funds and the XP.
- You will want to do this as much as possible as you must collect the funds before more will accrue.
- If you are in the game frequently you will earn the most money and XP.
- Be sure to set the notifications to let you know when funds can be collected from cars.
Parts Shop/Service Shops
- Tap on “Shop” in the main menu then on the “Service” option. Choose the “Parts Shop” which will cost 20,000 coins. Each time you level up you will unlock one more service business which will earn money for you.
- You will now place your parts building and again make sure its parking lot is against a road. You can purchase more roads in the shop if needed.
- Place the parts shop and tap on the green check mark to lock in your purchase.
- You can either wait four hours for construction to complete or spend four cash to complete it instantly.
- Once you have the parts shop completed you will need to start using it as the parts feed your cars and this upgrades your cars which increase the amount of money they will pay out to you at various intervals.
Making Parts to upgrade Cars
- Tap on the parts shop to bring up the purchase menu.
- Tap on the option which can range from thirty seconds for ten parts at a cost of fifty coins to much higher quantities taking longer amounts of times and higher costs.
- You also have the option to use cash to speed up the process of completing parts in the shop.
- Once the parts are completed in the shop you will see a parts icon over the building. Tap on the building to collect the parts and you will see them add to the meter at the top left of the screen. You will also earn XP each time you make parts which will help you to level up faster.
- Tip – Always keep your parts shop working at all times. Add a second parts shop when you can afford it.
Upgrading cars with Parts
- Once you have parts tap on the car of your choice to bring up its menu.
- At the bottom tap on the “Upgrade” button which will upgrade in the number of increments shown on the bottom of the button.
- Note along the top you will see a gold star with a number. This shows the level of your car. You can upgrade a car until it is at a maximum level of ten.
- Each time you upgrade a level note that the amount of money the car earns for you will increase.
Car info Screens
- Note on these screens you will see your car in its current condition and it will change as you upgrade it.
- You will see the current level in the gold star and as the gold meter fills up you will reach the next level.
- You will see the power of your car as well as how much racing fuel it can hold and whether it is offensive or defensive fuel.
- If your car has any special skills it will be listed here.
- Special skills – A special skill is something your car can do in a race to give you an advantage. For example the ice cream truck has the “Brain Freeze” special skill. This causes ice cream to spill on the track and cause one opponent to move ten percent slower than it usually does. Be sure to watch for special skills and add them to your racing teams.
- You will see how much money your car earns and how often you can collect it
- You will be allowed to upgrade with the number of parts listed along the bottom of the upgrade button.
- You may also sell your car from this screen if you choose.
Adding Tires to your Cars
- As soon as the service building is unlocked purchase the tire shop and build it in your town.
- You will now start to see icons of tires over your cars at various times.
- Tap on the cars then tap on the tire shop to upgrade your car’s tires.
- Each time you do this you will earn coins and XP.
- The tire station can be upgraded and once it is it will reward larger amounts of coins and XP to the cars that have tires upgraded there.
Adding Fuel to your cars
- Once you have unlocked the fuel station and added it to your town you will start to see a fuel pump icon over your cars at various times.
- Tap on the car then tap on the fuel station to refuel the car.
- Once you do this you will earn additional coins and XP.
- Your fuel station can be upgraded which will cause more funds and XP which will be rewarded to any cars that need its service.
- In the upper right corner of the game screen you will see your fuel gauges. Each time you see a fuel pump over a car you will fill up the car with fuel earn coins and increase the amount in your fuel banks. Fuel regenerates at a rate of one unit every minute or you can tap on the gauges and top off the fuel for twenty five cash. Once you have full fuel meters you can go to the grand prix and race against others. You can try to steal away their trophies or they may challenge you to try and win yours.
- (See “Grand Prix racing” below for more details)
- At the bottom right of the game screen you will see a clipboard icon. Tap on this to reveal the current goals of the game.
- Goals are critical as they can earn you large numbers of coins, XP and cash once completed.
- Note – Once you complete a goal you must go into the goal menu and tap on “Collect” in order to receive your reward.
Grand Prix Racing
- At the bottom right corner of the game screen you will see a crossed flag with a trophy icon. Tap on this to go to the racing menu or tap directly on the race track at the top of your town.
- There are two types of racing there is offensive and defensive racing.
- Offensive racing uses the red fuel and defensive teams use the yellow fuel.
- Tap on “Go Race”
- You will choose from a series of six races and once you win all six you will win the contents of the magic box which is usually a high end car.
- Once you win a series you can try to do it again but the races will be much harder to win the second time around.
- Next you will have to choose teams. The more cars you have the better and you need at least six cars to race. Upgrading the cars also increases your odds of winning.
- Choose a race opponent from the list that appears. You will want to choose someone that has the same amount or less fuel than you.
- Tap on “Go” and the race will be over in a few seconds with an announcement of who won along with the stats.
- Once you win all six races in a series you will win the prize in the mystery box.
- Defensive racing is when you receive a challenge from another player and they try to steal your trophies.
- As soon as your fuel is replenished you can race again.
- You will need to eventually expand your town in order to place the businesses you need to run it.
- Tap on any darker shaded area of land on the outside of town and a square of land will turn blue as shown in the image above. Tap on it once again to see the price. Once you agree tap “Purchase” then the land is yours to build on.
- There is no wait time for expansion.
- You will note that there are obstacles on the land that will keep you from building. These could be rocks, trees, or cacti. Tap on the obstacle and it will show you a price to remove it.
- Once you agree to pay the price you will have to wait a designated amount of time before the item can be removed. Once you see a green check mark over the obstacle tap on it and the obstacle will permanently disappear.
- Rocks and small trees are inexpensive but cacti are at least 15,000 coins to remove so you may want to take this into consideration when deciding which direction to expand your town.
- Each twenty four hour period you will see an icon over the main menu icon which has an envelope with money in it. Tap on this icon as it allows you to send an email, text, or tweet to two friends inviting them to play the game.
- You will earn a bonus for each of the friends you send an invitation to and the icon will disappear until the next day.
- Be sure to take advantage of these surprise bonuses as they tend to be very large and are frequently cash prizes.
Drive in Bonus
- Note in the upper left side of your town there is a drive in theater. This is a great way to earn large coin bonuses.
- Tap on the drive in and watch the videos which are advertisements for other apps and goods.
- Once the video is over you will be rewarded with a large cash or coin reward.
- You can watch up to three videos in a row then the drive in will close for twenty four hours.
- This is a great way to earn free cash and coins so be sure to watch for when it opens again.
- You can visit neighbors and send and receive three gifts per day.
- Go into the main menu and tap on “Friends” you will be taken to a map which shows you the names of your friends that are also playing along with random players. Tap on the street sign and when you get to their town tap on the gift icon to send them a gift.
- If you tap on the “Invite Friends” street sign you can post a message on your Facebook page inviting them to play.
Game Tips/Additional Information
- Be sure to go into the game frequently as many cars only have a one minute time limit before you can collect from them. If you stay in the game and collect frequently you will have a large sum to reinvest.
- When expanding your land consider the cost of removing any obstacles. If you are limited on funds choose an area of land without a lot of obstacles as some can cost as much as fifteen thousand and several hours to remove.
- Car menu – Tap on the car menu at the top center of the game screen to see a summary of all of your cars. Tap on the icons along the bottom to see the ranking, fuel capacity, speed and special effects.
- Add a second fuel station and upgrade them as soon as possible. This will triple the amount of fuel added to any car that needs it.
- Keep an eye on your goal menu and if you see a green check mark on the clipboard icon this means you have a reward to collect. Rewards are not instantly given you must go into the menu and tap on collect to have them added to your totals.
- Goals have great rewards and you will win not only XP and coins but many goals will reward you with premium cash.
- Take advantage of the drive in theater bonuses daily as they are an easy way to add a large amount of cash to your game. You do not have to purchase the items in the ads you just have to watch the videos to earn the rewards.
- Take advantage of the surprise bonus which is located directly over the menu icon. Once every twenty four hours you can collect huge coin rewards for sending invitations out to friends.
You have completed the basic quick start guide for Car Town Streets by Cie Games. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo.