Game Introduction - Bubble Safari Ocean
Bubble Safari Ocean is a match-3 social game developed by Zynga. In this game you shoot and match colored bubbles to clear a variety of ocean levels and rescue baby crabs. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Bubble Safari Ocean is free to play, and can be played by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you start Bubble Safari, your monkey friend will lead you through a tutorial to explain the basics of Bubble Safari.
Bubble Safari Ocean basics
- Your aim in Bubble Safari Ocean is to rescue all the baby crabs in each level. You do this by making combinations of 3 or more bubbles, removing those bubbles and freeing the baby crab bubbles.
- If you can’t make a (good) combination with the bubble currently in your shooter, press the spacebar to swap to the next bubble.
Goals, missions and unlocking levels
- At the end of every land, there is a fishing trawler keeping you from proceeding further. Complete 1 or more of the tasks given to you to defeat the fishermen and proceed to the levels of the next land. Sometimes it simply requires your friends’ help, but at other times you can also complete other tasks to unlock it.
- Every now and then, you might come across one of your animal friends, trapped in a fisherman’s net. Complete the given tasks to rescue your friend and receive a nice award for your trouble.
- At times, extra goals might pop up within a level. Although these are (usually) not required to complete the level, achieving those goals will reward you with extras, such as points or coins.
Types of bubbles
- Most bubbles are normal bubbles in one of a couple colors. There are however a few special bubbles and items that can appear in a level. For instance:
- Shell bubbles cannot be ‘popped’ by matching them. You can only remove them by dropping the bubble or bubbles they are attached to, or by shooting them during bubble frenzy.
- Anchor bubbles, like shell bubbles, cannot be popped either; however, you can’t remove them with a bubble frenzy either. The only way to remove an anchor bubble is to drop it.
- Shell and anchor bubbles can also be received as ‘fire-able’ bubbles. You can use it –pretty similar to bubble frenzy- to make a big dent in the mass of bubbles in a level.
- The rainbow bubble is like a joker in a card deck: whichever bubble it hits, it will take that color and pop it. It will also pop two adjacent bubbles.
- The paint bubble is a very convenient bubble if there is a group of differently colored bubbles you can’t seem to get through. Shoot the paint bubble and it will turn a large section of bubbles closest to the ‘impact’ into the color bubble that you hit.
- Frenzy bubbles are very valuable bubbles that can shoot through a group of bubbles. To get them, you need to be in ‘bubble frenzy’, which is done by dropping a gems three times in a row. When you are in bubble frenzy, you have 30 seconds to shoot three frenzy bubbles.
- A gem is dropped every time you drop a bubble by removing a bubble it is attached to. For instance, if there is a group of yellow bubbles, and at the bottom there is one single green bubble; when you remove the yellow bubbles, the green bubble is no longer attached to anything and will be dropped. When it does, it will produce a gem.
- The trident bubble is like a laser-beam. Aim it somewhere and it will shoot right through any bubble in its path!
- On the bottom left of your screen, you see the Bubble boost. With every bubble you shoot, the meter will fill up a little. When it’s full, you can spin it and you will receive one of a number of boost bubbles, to use whenever you want.
- When you have friends playing Bubble Safari Ocean, you can ask them for extra bubbles. On the side of your map screen, you see which friends have which bubbles for you, and who you can ask for extra. You can save them, for when you’re running low on bubbles, or one of your friends has just the bubble you need in a certain situation.
- Sometimes, it’s more than just bubbles that meets the eye. If you see bubbles with coins in them, pop them to get the coins inside.
- The sticky bomb is a special bubble. Shoot it to onto a bubble, and a count-down will start. After you shoot 3 bubbles –anywhere- it will explode and take out the near-by bubbles.
- A power up is a special power, feature or tool to help you pass levels, such as extra bubbles, fire bubbles or extended aim. There are three kinds of power ups in Bubble Safari Ocean: temporary power ups, permanent power ups and on demand power ups.
- Temporary power ups can be bought before starting a level. They can be bought with coins, but will only last a couple of rounds.
- Permanent power ups can be bought with pearls, and are found next to the temporary power ups. They will be permanently enabled so you can use its advantage every time!
- Need that extra edge to finish a level? On demand power ups can be bought with cash while playing the level.
Tips and tricks
- Try and get a feel for the angles of bubbles bouncing off the walls. Aiming ‘off the wall’ is vital to getting to some hard to reach places.
- If a certain shot is really hard and you’re not sure if you can make it, consider not taking the risk. If you successfully remove some of the surrounding bubbles, it may cost you one or two more shots, but if you miss a shot and end up blocking other bubbles, it can cost you more.
- Remember, the aim is always to get to the top of the level as fast as possible so you can see, and free, all crab babies. Try to remove the bubbles as high as possible and create a group of bubbles hanging from a single color for a big drop. This will safe you bubbles and earn you loads of extra points and gems.
- Expanding a little on the above, try and plan ahead when possible.
- If you’re at the top of the level, try to only focus on rescueing the crab babies. Even if there’s a big group of bubbles you can easily drop, if they don’t clear a path to the babies don’t bother. When you finish the level, they will all drop anyway.
- If one of your goals is to drop gem, or to get bubble frenzy, you can just shoot one or more differently colored bubbles at the bottom of a group of other bubbles. Just one well-aimed, well-planned shot and you’ve got your gem.
- When a gem drops, try to click it to get double the points!
You have completed the quick start guide for Bubble Safari Ocean by Zynga. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.