Game Introduction - Brightwood Adventures
Brightwood Adventures is a village building game created by Kiwi Inc. Explore the forest, build your village, and uncover hidden treasures. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Brightwood Adventures is free to play.
- At the bottom of the game screen you will find your happiness, current level and experience, coin balance, gold balance, cheer, and axes.
- Gold can used to purchase premium items and skip over quest steps. Gold can be purchased or earned by completing quests and/or leveling up.
- Cheer is used to speed up wait times. Cheer can be found by interacting with buildings. You can also purchase cheer using real world currency.
- Axes are used to clear away overgrowth in the forest surrounding your village. Axes can be earned by completing quests and leveling up. You can also purchase axes using real world currency.
- At the bottom right of the screen is the market. In the market you can purchase crops, trees, buildings, houses, décor, resources, and helpers.
- Tapping on the arrow immediately above the market will open the toolbar. From here you can move and sell items, view your inventory, connect to Facebook, and change game settings.
Playing the Game
- Your first task upon beginning the game will be to locate your father in the Dark Forest.
- Tap on an overgrown area of the forest and then tap on the axe icon that appears. This will send your character over to clear the area.
- You may need to clear away several areas before you locate him, but it shouldn’t take too many tries.
- Once you have located your characters father, you will need to untangle him from the vines he is trapped in. You can choose to speed up the process by using cheer or you can choose to wait for the action to be completed.
- Once freed, you will have a second set of hands to help you out in building your village.
- As you progress in the game, you will run across additional helpers. Helpers will allow you to complete multiple tasks at a time.
- Now that you have extra help, it’s time to start building your village.
- Tap on the market icon to open the marketplace.
- Tap on the houses icon to open the housing section of the market.
- Select one of the available housing options that are unlocked. You will be taken back to your village. Tap and drag the house to location you want to place it.
- Tap on the check mark to finalize the purchase or the X to cancel the purchase.
- Once placed, the house will need to be built. Tap on it to send one of your helpers over to build it.
- Once built, you will need to tap on the house one final time to complete the building. You will need several items to finalize a building. Most of these items can be found by clearing debris from the area and by completing quests.
- If you have all of the necessary items to complete the house, tap on the button to finish the building.
- Over time houses and buildings will earn you coins and experience. When the shield icon appears over a building, tap on the building to collect your earnings.
- Now you can start building buildings. Return to the market and tap on the buildings button.
- You build buildings in the exact same way that you build houses.
- As you level up you will unlock new items in the market.
- In addition to building houses and buildings, you will also need to do some farming.
- You can plant crops which are one time use and you can plant tress which can be harvested from multiple times.
- Once you’ve selected a crop to plant from the market, tap the ground to till it.
- Tap on the tilled earth to plant the seeds.
- Next, tap on the earth again to water the seeds.
- Watering and tending to your plant takes time so you will need to wait until the task is complete or use cheer to speed up the process.
- While a helper is tending to a plant, they will not be able to perform any other tasks. However, if you cancel their current task, the time required will be reset. Only cancel a task if you really need to.
- Once a crop or tree is ready to be harvested, tap on it to collect your reward.
- Eventually you will begin to run out of room to build on. Before you start expanding into the Dark Forest look around the map and see if there are any debris items (rocks, weeds, etc.) that can be removed.
- Tap on any debris to send a helper over to remove it.
- Every time you exit and reenter the game new debris will appear.
- Clearing debris will earn you coins, experience, and items required for building. You can view any items you find by opening your inventory.
Tips and Tricks
- Be sparing with your axes. If you only use them when you are directed to search the Dark Forest via a quest, you shouldn’t run out of them too quickly.
- Completing quests is an excellent way to earn coins and experience, as well as earning items like gold and axes.
- If you become desperate for coins you can sell back decorations and buildings but it will be at a significant loss.
- Save tasks that are time consuming for when you will be away from the game. Items, such as treasure chests, can take over an hour to unlock. If you assign too many helpers to time consuming tasks you won’t have any left to collect resources from buildings or clear away debris.
- Be sure to log in daily to earn a new gift every day. Logging in successive days in a row will earn you progressively better rewards.
You have completed the Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Brightwood Adventures. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!