Game Introduction - Blood Brothers
Blood Brothers is a RPG created by Mobage. Fight and capture monsters, unlock and evolve new familiars to fight for you, and explore the world, uncovering new areas and finding unique treasures along the way. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Blood Brothers is free to play.
- The first time you begin the game you will need to select your main character. There are a variety of characters to choose from and each has its own unique skills and starting stats.
- Once you have selected your character you will be taken through a short in-game tutorial. Afterwards you will be returned to the main menu.
- From the main menu you can view your profile, begin or resume an adventure, forge a pact, and access the blood brothers menu.
- Tapping the more button will give you access to the shop, your items, your allies, rearrange your band lineup, dismiss familiars, invite other players, view your ranking, view your collection, and access the in game help.
How to Play
- When you first begin Blood Brothers you will only have access to your warlord. You will need to capture familiars to fight by your side.
- To begin your adventure, tap the adventure button from the main menu.
- This will take you to the world map. An arrow will be above the area you need to travel to. Tap on the location to open the zone menu.
- Each area will have five zones. You will need to complete each zone to unlock the next area on the map.
- Tap the okay button to enter the zone. You will be taken to the Adventure Prep menu.
- Here you will be able to choose the familiars to fight by your side by tapping the band button. You can either choose them manually or have them auto-selected. You can select up to five familiars, two to fight initially, and three backups who can be swapped in before a battle takes place.
- Two other buttons to take notice of on the Adventure Prep screen are the Forge Pact and Blood Brothers buttons. Under the Forge Pact button you will be able to unlock new familiars and under the Blood Bothers button you can strengthen and evolve your familiars. These will both be covered more in depth later in the guide.
- Now it’s time to begin your adventure. Tap the Begin button at the bottom of the Adventure Prep screen.
- This will take you to the game board. You will notice a directional arrow showing the direction(s) you can move in. You can either tap the arrow to move or the Go button located at the bottom of the screen to move.
- Occasionally, you will come to a fork in the road and have to decide which way you want to travel. In these instances you will want to tap on the arrow to move forward.
- Each time you move a space you will use one energy point. You have thirty energy points at your disposal and once they are used up you will need to wait for them to replenish or use an energy replenishing item.
- Energy also replenishes upon leveling up your warlord (leveling up familiars will refill their health bar, but will not refill your energy).
- Scattered across the board are monsters, coin purses, and various treasure chests. Wooden treasure chests will be opened immediately. Other treasure chests will be opened when you complete the zone.
- When you come across an enemy you will be taken to the battle screen.
- At this point you will have the chance to swap out familiars for the ones you have in reserve. To swap familiars, tap on the familiar you want to change and select swap.
- Once you are happy with your fighter, tap the Begin Battle button. Battles are auto-fought for you.
- Once the battle is complete you will be able to see if you or any of your familiars have leveled up and increased their stats.
- Sometimes you will be given an additional option of making a pact. This will allow you to attempt to make a pact with a captured enemy. You can use heartsblood for a 100% chance of making the pact or you can use blood meal which has a chance of success. Blood meal is a lot easier to come by than heartsblood, so it is recommended that you save any heartsblood for very rare familiars.
- If the pact is successful your new familiar will be added to your familiars. You can have up to 50 familiars at one time. Any additional familiars will be stored in your wagon for 24 hours before they are dismissed.
- While exploring the game board, you will occasionally run across a PvP battle in which you can pit your familiars against another players familiars. If you win three battles in a row you will be rewarded with items, pact coins, and/or gold.
- Once you have completed a zone you will be rewarded and returned to the main menu.
Making Pacts and Blood Brothers
- In addition to capturing familiars, you can also create pacts using various coins that you will find in treasure chests or as rewards for completing zones.
- Coins allow you to forge pacts. For the most part you will be using copper and/or silver coins to make pacts. If you have mobacoins you can also purchase scarlet and/or blessed pacts.
- To make a pact, select the Forge Pact button from the main menu. This will take you to the pact menu.
- Each type of pact will be listed along with the number of pacts you can make for each type.
- Tap on the pact you wish to make. You can make up to ten pacts at one time as long as you have enough coins.
- Once you have made a pact you will be rewarded with a random familiar.
- Familiars have several rankings that you will want to be aware of. C is for common familiars and is the lowest rarity level. UC is for uncommon familiars, R is for rare familiars, and E is for epic familiars.
- Once you have collected some familiars it’s time to access the blood brothers menu. The blood brothers menu can be accessed by tapping the Blood Brothers button on the main menu.
- There are three options available from the pull-out menu on the right side of the screen. You can bond familiars, evolve them, or empower them.
- Bonding familiars is the first option. You will need to select one familiar to be the master and then you can select up to eight familiars to be their minions. Minions who are bound to a master will no longer appear in your familiar list and cannot be part of a brigade. However, bonding them to master will increase the skill level of the master.
- To evolve a familiar you will need to combine two of the same familiar. Select one familiar to be the spawn and one to be the seed.
- Once used, the seed will be removed from you familiars.
- A spawn will inherit 5% of the seeds stats. However, the higher the level of the seed, the more stats will be inherited. The max level of transfer is 10%.
- A familiar can only be evolved a certain number of times. The more stars a familiar has, the more times it can be evolved.
- Evolving a familiar two times will increase its rarity and change its skills.
- Empowering familiars uses crystals to increase a familiars core stats.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep an eye on your inventory items. You don’t want to run across a rare capture and be all out of bone meal and/or heartsblood.
- Be sure to log in daily to receive your daily reward. Any items or coins you earn from logging in will be stored in your wagon until you claim them.
- Gold can be found in coin purses scattered around the game board. Gold is used to bond and evolve familiars. The cost is dependent on level and the number of familiars being used.
You have completed the Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Blood Brothers. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!