Game Introduction - Battle Nations
Battle Nations is an action strategy game from Z2 Live Inc. for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Using your futuristic army, it’s up to you to take on many battles that can lead to your ultimate dominance. Building up your army and using them to their fullest isn’t exactly the most easy part but luckily Gamezebo’s quick start guide is here to get you on the right track!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started in playing Battle Nations, you’ll need to download the app and install it on your device by clicking on the ‘Play Now’ button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading and installing, you can find it on the home screen of your device. Just look for the icon labeled “Battle Nations” and tap it to load the app and start playing.
- Once you’ve started the game, you’ll be given an introduction to the main characters that make up the game, including the Emperor and Lieutenant Morgan. You can listen and watch the introduction or just tap quickly to skip it.
How to Battle
- Learning to battle is probably the most important piece of information you can learn. If you want to cut the mustard, you’ll need to know how to take out your enemies.
- On the battle screen, you should notice that your army is denoted by a green color, and the enemy is red. Your active unit is outlined blue, and that is the only unit that can attack while it is highlighted. You can switch which unit is highlighted by tapping on any other unit.
- Now, you can tap on any of the enemies to attack them right away. Your unit will then fire, and then the enemy will take his turn. These are the very simple basics when it comes to combat but there is a bit more to cover for advanced combat.
- Certain units can attack more than one enemy at a time. In the screenshot above, you can see that the ground below some of the enemies is blue. This means that if you decide to attack any of these enemies, it will also attack all of the enemies that are standing on those blue squares. Definitely tap on those enemies to get the most bang for your buck. Artilleries are especially good at doing this, taking out up to 9 enemies at once with a basic attack!
- When an enemy has taken enough damage to be eliminated, they will simply disappear off of your screen. You can always see how low an enemy is on health by looking below them at their health bar. The lighter green the bar, the more health they have.
Building and Using Nations
- After your first battle in Battle Nations, you will begin to build nations. This is where you will get the resources that are critical in battle.
- The first thing you will want to do is build a brand new nation. Tap on the build icon in the lower right corner of the screen to bring up the build menu. You can now select a type of house to have residents live in. For now, pick Shelter.
- You will now have to place the shelter for it to come in any use. You can drag the green hued shelter around until you feel comfortable, and then tap on the green check to place it down permanently.
- The shelter will now take a few seconds to be built. Once it’s done, you will need to tap on it to have people move in. You can come back once in a while to tap on the tents in your nation to collect money from them.
- Doing this action should also complete your first available mission. We’ll get into missions a bit later.
- You should now do a bit of farming. Tap on an empty plot in the farm that’s already on your land. Now, select artichokes to plant them. You will now need to wait for them to finish growing to harvest them.
- To harvest crops, simply tap on them. They will collect automatically.
- A supply drop will certainly help things out when it comes to having supplies for your battles. Tap on the build menu, then on the goods section to see the Supply Drop option. Tap on it, then place it down just like we did with the shelter earlier.
- Keep in mind that you will need people to make the supply drop work. Consider building a shelter as one of your next steps before moving on.
- You will know when you can fight your next battle when you see a red icon on your screen. Tap on it to start the fight. Don’t forget the combat tactics we went through earlier!
- Frequently, you will be given missions that will pop in on the left side of the screen. Tap on them to see more information.
- One of the first missions you will receive is called Barrack-O-Rama that calls for you to build a barracks and train a trooper. Let’s quickly go over how to do this for an example.
- Build a barracks by opening the build menu and selecting the military category. Tap on the Barracks and place it.
- Once the barracks is built and you have enough population, tap on the Barracks to bring up its menu. Now, you can tap on the Trooper and the Train button to start training him.
- Training the trooper will take some time, so you will need to wait until it’s done to complete the mission. If you don’t want to wait, you can also spend Nanopods to hurry things up.
- Note: Nanopods cost real money to acquire, so be sure to be careful on how you spend them, and make sure you’re careful while playing to not accidentally buy any nanopods.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Battle Nations on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Now you have the knowledge necessary to take on the world! For more guides like this, plus reviews, previews and more!