Game Introduction - Angry Birds Star Wars II
Angry Birds Star Wars II is a physics-based puzzle game from Rovio, in which you must command various bird rebels based on characters from the Star Wars universe to defeat the evil swine empire! Having a firm grip on the basics of the game allows you to move on to the more advanced strategies much quicker, and with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you’ll need to stay ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- In order to get started in playing Angry Birds Star Wars II, you can go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button shown at the top of this page. The game will download and install on your device once you’ve done so.
- Upon starting the game for the first time, you will be taken to the start screen where you can tap on the Play button to begin playing.
- You will now be taken to the main menu screen where you can choose which level set you would like to begin playing. Each set of levels contains a dark side and light side set, each containing their own challenges and foes for you to face.
How to Play
- In the menu selection, select the Rebel icon on the Naboo Invasion to start playing. You’ll then be taken to the level selection.
- On the level selection, you’ll see the list of levels you can play in that level set. Each level will unlock as you complete the levels before them.
- To play a level, just tap on it on this screen.
- Periodically as you select a level, there will be short scenes or movies shown that will advance the story in the game.
- To launch a bird, tap and hold on one as it sits in the slingshot. Then, drag the bird back. As you pull the bird back on the slingshot, you’ll see a dotted line emanating out from the slingshot. This indicates where the bird will fly.
- You can adjust the aim of the slingshot by pulling your finger up, down, left, or right. The further you pull back on the slingshot, the further the bird will fly.
- When you have decided that the angle you’ve chosen is good, let off your finger. This will cause the bird to fly toward the pigs waiting to be destroyed.
- As the bird flies toward the pigs, it will smash into any obstacles in its way, causing destruction that can knock the pigs off of their perch.
- If the pigs have been jostled or hurt enough, they will disappear and you’ll earn points for eliminating them. You’ll also earn points for destroying any debris in the process, which could give you the few extra points you need.
- Ideally, you would eliminate all of the pigs on screen with as few birds as possible, because you’ll then receive at least 10,000 points for each unused bird.
- Once all of the pigs in the level have been eliminated, you will be taken to the results screen where you can see how many stars you earned for completing the level. Star ratings are determined based on how many points you earned in the level. The more you earned, the higher the rating will be. Stars will unlock bonus levels as you play.
- Now that the level is complete, you can move onto the next level.
- Once you have completed all of the rebel levels for a world, you can choose to play the Dark Side or Empire levels that take place on the same world. These levels will have similar themes to those you played before, but will have a dark side twist to them.
Characters and Powers
- Certain characters you can play as have unique powers that you can activate by tapping on them. You can also tap on the shopping cart on any screen to see an array of different birds you can purchase with coins you earn while playing. You may also purchase coins if you would like to.
- The Qui-Gon Jinn birds, for instance, can rotate in midair, causing destruction 360 degrees around them. The Obi-Wan Kenobi bird will force push in any direction you push on in relation to the bird as it flies.
- As you play levels, you can add characters to your slingshot as you wish once you’ve purchased them from the in-game shop. To do this, all you have to do is tap on the Rebel symbol at the top of the screen while you’re playing.
- When you add a character, it will then be immediately available for use. If you need more characters, you can always go back into the shop to purchase more of them.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Angry Birds Star Wars II. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!