Reigns: Her Majesty is definitely the sort of game you need to discover for yourself. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t some pointers we can give you to make sure that you’re heading in the right direction. So that’s exactly what we’re going to do here. If you’ve got your own suggestions, feel free to chuck them in the comments for your fellow monarchs.
- Watch the symbols – There are symbols scattered throughout the game. These usually refer to either items in your inventory or people you’ve met. Pay special attention to what the Earth Mother says, there are a lot of hints in there.
- Look at the challenges – Completing the challenges will give add new cards to the deck. These will open up more of the story for you, so if you get an opportunity to knock one off the list, it’s a good idea to do just that.
- How has your spell book changed? – The images and color of your spell book will give you some hint as to what you’re supposed to do with it. For example, if there’s an animal on the front, try and use it when you meet an animal.
- Keep an eye on the years – There are things in the game that only happen during certain years. Characters will tell you about them, sometimes obliquely, so it’s worth remembering or making a note about which years to keep an eye out for.
- Sometimes you need to be mean – One of the things you need to grasp is that if you’re pleasing one group too much, they’re going to basically hug you to death. Sometimes you’re going to have to upset them to keep the balance of power in the country.