My Tamagotchi Forever is a relaxed yet strangely compelling virtual pet game from Bandai Namco. Based on the beloved virtual pet of the 1990s, My Tamagotchi Forever has come about to celebrate 20 years since the West was captivated by the little digital critter.
To ease your transition to Tamagotchi parenthood, we have some useful Tips, Cheats and Strategies to help ensure your offspring ends up cute and happy.
- The basics behind My Tamagotchi Forever are split into four categories – the living room, kitchen, the bathroom, and the bedroom.
- The living room is kind of like your base. It’s where you go at the start of any session, and it quickly enables you to dive into some other options.
- It’s also where you can stroke your pet to cheer them up. The only thing is your pet is only keen to be stroked if other needs are already catered for beforehand!
Day to Day Living
- Dealing with the basic things is vital.
- See the bars at the bottom of the screen? They’ll tell you what your pet needs. Any time that one dips a little bit, head over to that screen and do your thing.
- Check into the kitchen and pick out some food to feed your pet. He’ll give you some insight into what he fancies eating via a thought bubble above his head but oftentimes, anything will do.
- When you head to the bathroom, tap on the toilet and your pet will hop on there. Then hold down your finger to, well, encourage the critter to do their thing.
- For extra coins, you can also place your pet in the bath and soap and shower them down. Do this regularly as it’s a useful coin bonus for not much effort.
- The bedroom is for when you’re running low on energy. It’s fairly straight forward although you can always fast forward time for the sake of a few gems.
- My Tamagotchi Forever isn’t just about basic care. There’s a lot more going on underneath the surface.
- For instance, you can regularly unlock free gifts by watching adverts so do this every chance you get.
- See the gamepad on the living room screen? Tap on that and there’s a wealth of different mini games you can participate in.
- Most importantly, by completing the daily challenges set for you, you can earn free coins which can then be used to buy stuff for your Tamagotchi.
- Head outside of your home and you can wander around and explore your surroundings. While exploring, you can buy new items to place around your garden then interact with them. Taking photos of certain activities rewards you with additional coins.
- Leveling up is conducted via keeping your pet happy. The more you interact with them and complete various tasks, the faster your experience bar rises.
- Once you level up, you unlock plenty of coins as well as some new items. These are typically things like new types of food or a new tool or toy to add to your garden. Those garden items will then go on to unlock ways in which you can earn additional coins, such as via taking a ride on a swing.
- It all works together neatly to give you something new to do each step of the way.
- As you progress, the bonuses get more substantial but so does the time needed in order to level up.
- Enjoy the ride. My Tamagotchi Forever is more about enjoying the little things than there being a specific end game in mind.