Fire Up! is an endless brick breaking game from Voodoo. Youâ€™d think blasting a path through blocks and not crashing would be simple, but youâ€™d be wrong. Gamezeboâ€™s Fire Up! tips, cheats and strategies will get you up to speed and help you go the distance.
Blocks & Recreation
- Donâ€™t worry about shooting. All you have to do is drag a finger back and forth across the screen to move your block shooter thingy – the shooting is constant and automatic.
- Look for the low numbers. At first itâ€™s going to be enough of a challenge just to survive, so try to find the lower numbers in the line and aim for them as theyâ€™ll be faster to break.
- Also look for color. You can usually tell at a glance which blocks will be easier to shoot through by their color. Green is the easiest, followed by Yellow, then Orange, then Red. This isnâ€™t to say that you have to focus on one color over another, but if youâ€™re in a pinch and you need to act fast itâ€™s something worth remembering.
- Move around a lot. You earn points by breaking blocks or simply dealing â€śdamageâ€ť to them, so the more you hit the more points you earn.
- When things are slow, try to destroy as any blocks as you can. This will lead to a LOT more points if you can pull it off without smacking into anything.
- When things get intense, donâ€™t move around too much. Itâ€™s contradictory, I know, but when you find yourself faced with row upon row of high-value blocks and things are moving ever faster, your best bet is to stick to one spot often so as to focus your fire on a single block and hopefully destroy it before you smash into it.
- Grab power-ups when you can for a temporary boost. Red increases your shot power (i.e. you knock larger values off of blocks when you hit them), Blue greatly increases your firing speed for greater damage over time, and Green is a spread shot that can help you to hit more blocks without moving around as much.
- Spend your points on upgrades. After you inevitably crash (or from the main menu) you can sped the points you earn from playing on improving your Shooting Speed and Shooting Power. These improvements get more costly as their levels increase, but the change is permanent.
- It doesnâ€™t get any easier. Even as you steadily improve your shot speed and power, things will scale up to continuously present you with a challenge. You might have started playing with blocks that had single to double-digit values, but soon youâ€™ll have to blast through blocks in the hundreds.