Merge Farm! is a sort of puzzle game/idle clicker hybrid from Gram Games. Youâ€™ll have to manage your crops, production of goods, and (digital) physical space if you want to maximize those profits. Gamezeboâ€™s Merge Farm! tips, cheats and strategies will help you get started, and help you keep going.
Back to Basics
- You have to use the basket to collect produce. Crops will grow on their own (and â€śproductionâ€ť buildings will produce, but weâ€™ll get to those a bit later), but in order to actually gather whatâ€™s been grown/made you have to drag the basket over the various plots. Just tap and drag to collect everything thatâ€™s currently available.
- The only way to earn money is to fulfill orders. Youâ€™ll see a bunch of cartoony character portraits along the top of the screen that denote customer orders (so to speak). By supplying them with the specific goods they require, youâ€™ll earn coins that can be spent on further upgrading your farm and planting more crops.
- Merge to save space and increase output. By merging (i.e. combining) two of the exact same type and level of produce – such as two level 1 tomatoes, two level 4 carrots, etc – you can create one bit of produce at a higher level. So two level 1s become one level 2, two level 2s become one level 3, and so on. Higher levels produce faster and can store a greater number of goods. Plus a level 3 anything takes up a lot less space than four level 1s.
- You can also merge buildings. Youâ€™ll unlock the ability to purchase buildings as you gain ranks (from completing orders), and they merge the same way as produce.
- Expand your farm. This wonâ€™t be necessary to deal with immediately, but once you start unlocking more kinds of produce youâ€™ll definitely want more space. More space makes it much easier to buy multiple seeds at the same time (it makes merging faster). Plus it gives you the space youâ€™ll need for new seed types and buildings.
- You can sell unwanted plots. By tapping on a plot with produce on it you can bring up a screen to see how fast it grows, what level itâ€™s currently at, and so on. If you then tap the garbage can icon in the top-left corner of the window youâ€™ll be able to sell the selected plot for a few coins. Itâ€™s not much, but every little bit helps when youâ€™re starting out.
- Look for green customers and listen for the jingle. Whenever youâ€™ve met the requirements for an order, youâ€™ll hear a chime to let you know – this will happen the moment you get what you need, as well as once you start up the game if anyone is good to go. The icons of customers whoâ€™s orders can be completed will also change to green.
- You can see what a customer needs for their order, and how much theyâ€™re going to pay, by tapping on their icon. This is a good way to plan ahead, but you can also use it to decide whose orders to fulfill first (i.e. start with the ones that pay better).
- Try to keep everything close together. By grouping your various plots and buildings, youâ€™ll be able to collect from them with a quick pass or two of the basket – rather than having to drag your finger all over the farm.
- The payoff to merging doesnâ€™t really kick in until level 6. As your produce gains levels, the amount of time it takes for more to grow (and the total amount a single plot can store) will increase, but those amounts arenâ€™t much better than having multiple level 1s or 2s. It isnâ€™t until level 6 (the plot will get a wooded planter box around it) that youâ€™ll start to see much faster growth times and greater storage capacities.
- Try to keep your buildings running at all times. Unlike crops, buildings (Bread Factories, Cow Pens, etc) can only produce goods when youâ€™ve supplied them with the produce they need in order to operate. For example, you canâ€™t make bread unless you toss some wheat into it. Once theyâ€™re done with a task, theyâ€™ll sit idle (and not make you anything you can sell) until you resupply them.
- You might want to think about having more than one juice factory. The juice factory is a bit different than the other buildings youâ€™ll unlock early on because you can turn most types of produce into their corresponding juices – and that means even more types of good that customers will want. And since you can only make one type of juice at a time, having more factories will make fulfilling more orders a bit easier.
- You can temporarily double the amount of goods collected if you tap the button just underneath the basket icon and watch an ad. I normally donâ€™t suggest watching ads for stuff, but doubling the amount of stuff you collect will significantly help with fulfilling orders.
- If youâ€™re going to double your collections, try to do it once you re-open the game after spending time away. At this point many of your plots will be full or close to it, so the effect will be at its most beneficial.
- You can also double up your new seedlings by tapping the double â€śup arrowsâ€ť button in the bottom right. This will temporarily make all of the seeds you plant start at level 2, effectively cutting your merge time and costs in half.
- If you decide to double up your seeds like this, wait until you have a decent amount of coins first. That way you can get the doubling effect and then buy a bunch of level two seeds all at once and merge them immediately. Itâ€™s a lot faster and easier to manage than buying a few seeds here and there, then having to wait for more money to come in to do it again.
- Grab the falling leaves. By tapping these leaves youâ€™ll drop them into your farm, and once theyâ€™re on your farm you can merge them like everything else. Two leaves will make a seed, and two seeds will become a random plot of level 1 produce. This is a great way to save money early on, and even after that you can sell whatever you decide you donâ€™t need.