Falling Ballz is yet another incredibly simple concept from Ketchapp. It looks super rudimentary but it’s still oddly addictive. All you have to do is throw balls down the screen, breaking up the various shapes scattered around. The catch is that once the shapes hit the top of the screen, it’s game over for you. You need to keep an eye on everything that’s unfolding, but speed isn’t of the essence – accuracy is key.
We thought we’d help you out but offering some perfect Tips, Cheats and Strategies to ensure you stand the best chance of surviving for a long time to come, and earning a great high score.
- If you’ve played other games like this, you might be confused by Falling Ballz’s intentions. There’s no tutorial but you should get to grips soon enough.
- The key thing to consider is that you want to do everything possible to stop the highest shape from reaching the top of the screen. If that happens, it’s game over.
- Keep an eye on whatever shape is highest up and see what its number states. Hit it first and gradually take down some of its health.
- There are occasional moments where it might seem worthwhile leaving it briefly. That’s when you know you can take it out in one hit.
- Is the highest shape flashing? That means it’s game over imminently. Do everything you can to destroy it on your next turn!
Using the Balls Efficiently
- You only get one shot each turn to take out as many balls as possible. Aim the reticule so that you should be able to damage quite a few balls along the way. It’s not random but the physics do take a little bit of getting used to. The important thing is that you don’t just hit one ball and that’s it. That’s just a waste of a precious turn.
- See the small white power-ups? Those entitle you to an extra ball. You want to aim for those at all times. The more balls you have, the more hits you can inflict each turn. It makes a huge difference in the long run.
- The circular shapes are easy enough to hit, but you want to consider the squares and triangles carefully. Aim at them just right in order to deflect things around perfectly.
- Consider trying to aim your balls so that they bounce between two shapes repeatedly, inflicting plenty of damage in no time at all. This works particularly well when stages get busier and there are more shapes to contend with. You’re going to feel smug when this works out. Embrace it.
- Don’t be afraid to hit the ‘speed up’ button. It won’t affect how things unfold. It simply speeds things up, meaning you don’t have to wait ages for your turn to complete. When you’re dealing with the big numbers or have a number of balls to unleash, this’ll make quite a difference to how long each turn takes.
- Has a shape hit the top? It’s ok. You can watch a video to continue playing. Just once. Obviously, it’s worth doing, especially if you’ve been doing really well beforehand.
- Remember – time isn’t everything here. Instead, lining up your shots just right is what’s going to help you. Focus on taking your time and aiming well, rather than working speedily. You’ll soon find yourself getting into the rhythm of things.