Questy Quest is a tapper. Except it isn’t really a tapper. There’s definitely tapping involved, but the game is far more hands-on than your usual idle experience. You’re in control at all times, and if you leave the game alone you’re not going to earn anything.
It’s not quite like anything else on the App Store. But if you’re worried you’re not going to know what’s going on when you first load up the app, you shouldn’t. Well, you shouldn’t so long as you read the excellent guide that we’ve gone right ahead and written for you.
We’re going to walk you through the basics of the game, and make sure you understand the ins and outs of everything that’s going on. Those monsters are going to be quaking in their boots when you step out in front of them wielding your mighty weapon.
- Tap in the target – The game is all about hitting your targets. When the bar is resting in the desired zone, tap on the screen and you’ll inflict a hit on the monster in front of you.
- Don’t miss – Miss and you’ll get a whack yourself. And this is the sort of game where, most of the time, a single hit is enough to kill you.
- Make sure you use the camp fires – In the wilds, the camp fires are essentially save points. Once you get to one of them, ensure that you unlock it. It’s smarter to do it by watching a video rather than spending your coins though, and we’ll see why next.
- Save your coins – You can spend your coins on a number of different things, but you really should concentrate on something them for just two: new unlocks and special quests.
- Why unlocks? – Unlocking new equipment lets you increase the size of the target you’re aiming for. You’re not just trying to hit the literal target, there’s a space on the line that’ll get bigger the better the equipment you’re wearing.
- Why special quests? – Essentially the gameplay in the special quests is exactly the same as in the wilds, but the rewards you’ll receive are far more impressive. Use the wilds to earn gold, use the special quests to earn stuff to make your life much easier.
- Why not second chances? – Because more often than not you’ll be able to watch videos to get these, as we’ll see in the next section. If you can’t though, it’s still better to save your coins to make your gear stronger than buying another go that you could well waste.
Cheats and Strategies
- Watch the videos – There are plenty of chances to spend your coins, but more often than not you’ll be given the option to watch a video instead. Always do that. It’ll mean you save your cash for things that are going to help more in the game.
- Learn what your potions do – Your potions can change the sway of a battle, but you can only use them at the beginning of a scrap. Try not to waste them, because they’re pretty hard to come by. It’s best to save them for the big boss fights in the quests rather than using them for fights in the wilds.
- Duplicates are good – Make sure you find out what the equipment you get is good for. And don’t worry if you get duplicates. Combining together enough of these will give you an extra boost. It takes a while, and you’ll need to grind, but smart play will give you the best goodies.