Dunk Nation 3X3 is an online sports game with a difference. A little bit raunchy, a little bit Grand Theft Auto-ish, it’s a basketball game that focuses on the fast paced nature of streetball. More importantly, it’s a ton of fun and sure to beguile you for a while to come.
It’s simple to learn the basics but Gamezebo’s Dunk Nation 3X3 Tips, Cheats and Strategies will set you up to be more than just an average baller on the street.
Pay Attention to the Screen
- Dunk Nation 3X3 likes to help you out. For instance, when you’re running defense, you’ll see a highlighted area in front of the guy you’re trying to block. When you’re standing in the area, it turns green to indicate you’re in the best place to stop them.
- Keep an eye on what they’re doing. Sometimes, you’ll want to stop them dribbling around you while another time you want to leap and block them with a jump.
- Use the whole court. It’s tempting to always go for the net, but sometimes you want to build up an attack slowly before trying to score.
- You can perform a fake shot move if you tap the shoot button quickly. Do it and you’ll confuse any defending players.
- See an opening? Hit the sprint button and dive through the gap, before dunking. It’s satisfying and a great way of scoring fast.
- Keep the ball moving around. Pass whenever possible. A greedy player rarely wins the match so be willing to sacrifice the glory. It’s a team game after all.
- Early on, this is particularly crucial as you won’t have improved your shooting skills sufficiently to be great at scoring. Rely on others for a brief time while you work on gaining some more experience.
Know Your Skills
- Skills and Talents are everything in Dunk Nation 3X3.
- Skills are special moves that can be activated during certain scenarios in the game. You can do things like the Windmill Dunk, providing you’re lined up with the hoop and shooting when you’re in front of it. Such moves are pretty much guaranteed to be successful so use them as much as you can.
- Talents are similar to Skills in that they have to be equipped. Once equipped, however, they don’t need to be activated. Providing passive bonuses, you can enjoy extra stat increases, more accurate shot taking, and improved speed.
- Skills can be upgraded with gold, while Talents are upgraded naturally while you’re playing. Always make sure you have a Talent equipped so that you’re working on an upgrade.
Quests are Important
- Like so many games, Dunk Nation 3X3 offers a quest system to encourage you to pursue certain objectives. By doing so, you can earn experience and gold fairly easily. Keep an eye on what the quests are and work towards finishing as many as possible.
- Log in every day too for additional bonuses.
- Career mode is more than just a tagged on single player mode. You can use it to gain plenty of gold and experience, which helps improve your abilities in PvP too.
- Each career match has stars for you to earn, with more stars meaning more free stuff to unlock. Work at it so you end up the best out there.
- Playing career mode will also help you get to grips with things more quickly, meaning you can take your newly gained skills out into the world to vanquish a few opponents.