Vista Golf is a neat little golf game that sits much closer to the crazy edge of the spectrum than it does the simulation end. It’s all about putting your way through a series of increasingly silly courses, trying to come in under par.
While it might look simple though, there’s actually some hints and tricks that you can employ to get to the top of the leaderboard even quicker. And that’s what this here article is going to explain to you.
We’ll also cover some advanced techniques to make sure you’re coming in way under par on every hole. But, you know, in a good way. So let’s jump in and make sure you’re going to be more Tiger Woods in the past than Tiger Woods now.
- It’s just golf – At its heart, the game still follows the rules of golf pretty closely. So you want to get the ball into the hole in as few shots as possible. You’ll lose shots if you smack the ball off the edge of a level. Don’t laugh, that’s entirely possible.
- Take your time – There’s no time limit on the game, so you don’t need to rush your shots. Make sure they’re lined up perfectly before you take them, and don’t fret about correcting yourself if you’re not sure you’ve got the right angle.
- Don’t forget to move – You can get a better view of your shots by pinching to zoom and swiping to move the camera. Just make sure you’re not doing it inside the circle that surrounds your ball, otherwise you’re going to end up taking a shot when you don’t mean to.
- Not that hard – While the game does have an arcadey feel to it, you still need to judge your shots carefully. To begin with it’s usually a good idea to take the power of your shots down by about 10 points. Trust us, it’s going to do you better in the long run.
- What does that do? – You’re going to encounter a bunch of obstacles as you play, so understanding what each one does is key to your success. Ramps sometimes go up, and sometimes go down, for example, so being to tell the difference between the two is key.
- Seriously, not that hard – It’s incredibly rare that you’re going to need to hit the ball at full pelt, especially in later levels when things get a little more intricate. Spend time thinking about your shots, otherwise you’re going to find your ball being catapulted over the edge at regular intervals.
Tips and Tricks
- Is that a shortcut? – Some of the courses have shortcuts in them that you can use to your advantage. You can often fire a ball off one edge of the hole, only for it to land somewhere else, much closer to your goal. Explore, look for the angles, and you might be pleasantly surprised.
- Use your rewinds, but later on – It’s a good idea to save your rewinds for the later holes. Especially if you’re on a good run. It’s easy to ruin a round with one misplaced shot, so keep those undo tokens in reserve for when you really need them.
- You’re not done yet – Even when you’ve finished all three courses, you’ve not rinsed everything out of the game. Alongside the infinity mode, new courses are set to be added to the game in the future. So don’t slack off your training, it’d be terrible if new holes came out and you weren’t up to the task.