When humans turn one, they usually are just learning how to stand up and walk and possibly making the biggest mess ever with cake. When mobile games like Final Fantasy Brave Exvius celebrate one year of existence, they have to come up with something a little more ambitious.
Square Enix and gumi had exactly that kind of big thinking in mind as they’ve revealed the anniversary update for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, which is live now and runs through June 29. During the celebration, all main story content requires only half the stamina, allowing new and returning players to experience more of the narrative faster.
A new Expeditions System is live as well, allowing you to put those characters you might not use all that often to good use, departing to gather items, Trust Moogles (perhaps redundant since we all implicitly trust Moogles) and more. Other new features include increased Inventory space, and Anniversary Countdown Login Bonus and summer-themed versions or characters like Dark Fina, Fina and Lid.
And these are really just the pre-birthday goodies. Final Fantasy Brave Exvius actually turns one on June 29, when more special events and offers will activate, according to a Square Enix press release:
- Special Anniversary Bundle Available – Players can enjoy a 50% savings on a special bundle containing 10,000 Lapis, a five-star Trust Moogle and other rewards.
- FINAL FANTASY X Collaboration Event – The highly anticipated Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku from FINAL FANTASY X join the ever-growing cast of FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUSstarting June 29, and may be obtained through a special collaboration summoning banner.
- Free Character Summon Draw Campaigns – The “Free 10+1 Summon Ticket” campaign provides all players with one free 11-character Summon and the chance to strengthen their party. Additionally, from June 29 through July 26, the daily Rare Summon will be free, in one of the largest giveaways in the game’s history.
- Enhance Your Team with Guaranteed 5★ Unit Summons – All players will have the chance to recruit rare and powerful characters like Noctis, Lightning, Gilgamesh and Orlandeau in this special one-time summon.
- King Moogle Raid Event – Players can face off against this adorable, yet powerful opponent for a chance to win exclusive Moogle-themed items.
- Obtain Rare Characters through the “Vision Shard” System – Players can collect vision shards through daily logins and quests, and exchange them for powerful five-star characters such as Kelsus, with additional units will become available through this system in the future.
“There can’t possibly be more,” you might say. Yet in July, the game will see the introduction of a new Final Fantasy XII dungeon tied to the release of Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age for the PS4. You can get a taste of what that entails in this spiffy trailer first released during E3.
So you’re all set and ready to dive into the anniversary content, unless you’ve never even started playing. In that case, you can make an epic journey to the App Store, Google Play or Amazon Appstore to download Final Fantasy Brave Exvius now. You’re not late to the party, you’re right on time.