SUP Multiplayer Racing is basically what would happen if The Fast and the Furious was a cartoon. And I mean that in the best possible way. It’s a silly straight-line racer that doesn’t pull any punches when it comes to NOS, jumps, or flagrant disregard for the rules of the road.
But there’s a chance you might find yourself stuck once you get into the meat of the game. It’s deceptively easy when you start, but the deeper you get into it, the more you’re going to be stuck at the back of the pack. And that’s not the most fun place to be.
You could give up or, alternatively, you could read this excellent guide that we’ve created. It’ll give you the best chance to rack up those trophies, move up through the leagues and accidentally on purpose push your opponents off the edge of the track and into some sort of Pixar-style rubber burning abyss.
- Slipstream, slipstream, slipstream – If you’re behind an opponent then stay there. Not forever, but when you’re close enough you’ll see a blue haze engulfing the front of your car. This means you’re in your rival’s slipstream, and it’s going to give you the boost you need to get past them.
- Coins or speed? – A lot of the tracks you’ll be racing on pose this question. Should you grab the coins or the boosts? The answer is, of course, the boosts. Picking up coins from the track will get you a few, but crossing the finish line first is going to bag you way more. Prioritise winning and you’ll go far.
- Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade – It’s important to upgrade your vehicle whenever you get the chance. That could mean changing your car altogether, or making sure that you’ve got all the best bits installed. It might not be the most fun, but if you’re lacking an edge in races you’re going to have to grind or spend to become competitive again.
- Spin to win – If you’re neck and neck with a foe going over a jump, then it’s a good idea to pull off a trick to try and shunt them off your tail. Press the lane change button in mid air and your car will start spinning. Use this to your advantage.
- Play dirty – It’s all well and good trying to win with speed alone, but it’s not going to help you in the cutthroat world of SUP. Try barging people out of the way by changing lanes when they’re trying to get past you. Landing on another player’s roof after a jump is a fine way to cause some mayhem too.
- Don’t floor it – If you’re at the back of the grid you’ll get a NOS boost. Don’t use it as soon as the race starts because you’ll just be driving into a crowd of cars. Instead save it for when there’s an opening in order to give yourself a chance to break away.
Hints and Tips
- Watch the videos – If you get a chance to watch a video to speed up an upgrade or double the reward you’re set to receive then make sure you do it. It’s 30 seconds of your time and it’s going to save and earn you a lot of cash in the long run.
- Check your power ups – When you open chests you’ll sometimes find power-ups. You can install these in the power up menu next to the race button. There are different ones to unlock depending on which league you’re in, but they can really give you an edge if you find them and use them correctly.
- Don’t forget your achievements – Make sure you check up on your achievements. They’re found in a small icon in the top right of the screen. Finishing them will get you a few gems, which might not sound like much, but it’ll keep your coffers full.