Fidget Spinners are a pretty big deal at the moment. I’m pretty sure if I hung out of my window and shouted down the street I’d be able to buy one. Which of course means there are plenty of apps on the App Store that let you play them too.
In this guide we’re going to look at Fidget Spinner by Ketchapp. It’s a mix of genres, from a cheeky swiper to a clicker, but the main aim is to spin your spinner around as many times as possible. So that’s what we’re going to focus on – how to make sure you’re spinning your spinner as spinningly as you possibly can.
We’ll also break down some of the other mechanics in the game, so basically you’re going to learn everything you need about the game. After all, you wouldn’t want this trend to leave you behind now, would you?
- How to – The game gives you five spins of your Fidget Spinner. You control these with swipes. Once you’ve used them all, your spinner eventually slows down and stops. You’ll get some coins, and then you’ll have to do it all over again.
- Don’t let it stop – If your spinner stops, even if you’ve still got swipes left, then it’s game over. There are plenty of ways to make sure this doesn’t happen though.
- Watch the spinner – Your spinner will slow down when it’s getting towards the end of its momentum. If it’s about to stop then make sure you get another spin in to keep it going.
- Watch the speedometer – You can also see the speed of your spinner in a counter at the top right of the screen. This is important for more advanced play as well, and we’re going to deal with it in the next section.
- Drop to 50 – You should let your spinner drop to no slower than 50 rpm when you’re playing. It’ll slow down quicker after this, and it’s unlikely to get any more rotations. That means going any lower and you’re in trouble of stopping.
- Find your position – You can swipe either way on the screen, and you don’t need to swipe the same direction every time. Find a position that’s comfortable and works for you and if it’s successful try and repeat it as often as you can.
- Don’t stop it – Sometimes the game will give you the option to stop the spin as the spinner is slowing down. Don’t do this. You’ll lose a few coins, and if you’ve got a high multiplayer you’re going to be wasting a good deal of them if you do it often.
Hints and Tips
- Watch the videos – It’s always worth watching the videos to get more coins. Any way you can get more currency to speed up your spin, you should take it. The better your spinner, the higher your score.
- Focus on the speed – To begin with you’ll want to focus on putting your coins into the speed and friction settings rather than the one that gets you extra coins when you’re not playing. It’s nice to turn up to extra coins, but getting a better score is likely to do you better in the long run.
- It doesn’t matter – It doesn’t matter which spinner you’ve got equipped, so pick one you like and stick with it. The extra decorations can only be applied to the standard spinners, so if you want to use them then pick one of them.