Cookie Jam Blast plays by the rules. And that’s fine, because it does exactly what you’d expect a sweet-based stuff-matcher to do. You move tasty treats around a grid, connecting them in bundles of three or more to clear them.
But there’s a bit more going on here than that, and so we thought it would be sensible to give you a break down of everything you need to know about the game. After all, you don’t want your friends lording it over you about their candy crushing talents. Ahem.
Not only are we going to show you some of the moves we’ve learned during our time with the game, we’ll reveal some secrets that are sure to set you apart from the rest of the pack. So, without further ado, let’s get on with it.
- Match stuff – At its most basic level, the game is about matching things in groups of three. This is what you’ll be doing in all of the levels. But that doesn’t mean you should just be focusing on getting those threes. Far from it in fact.
- More than three – Matching things in larger groups will give you special tiles that you can use to great effect. Some will clear whole lines, others will set off bombs. Learn which match-kinds give you what bonus and you’ll be well set.
- Match the bonuses – If you’ve got two bonus pieces next to each other, you can match them to great effect. They don’t need to be the same colour, either. Try it out and see what the different combinations do when you swap them around.
Hints and Tips
- The kitchen – The kitchen is where you can bake up delicious goodies. You’ll get ingredients in a variety of ways, but when you make things, you’ll also get extra rewards that will help you in the game. Check back often to see if you’ve got enough to make something new.
- The goodie bag – You unlock the goodie bag when you’ve collected enough stars. It’ll give you plenty of ingredients to play with in the kitchen. If you’ve only got a couple of stars on an earlier level it’s sometimes worth heading back to get them all.
- Save your specials – You’ll get special moves that you can play at the start of a game. Don’t throw them away instantly. Instead save them for when you’ve already lost a life on a level and feel like you might need a little help getting it finished.
- Leave it a bit – If you’re stuck on a level sometimes it’s worth putting the game down and doing something else. Usually when you come back the level will be that little bit easier and you’ll get it done.
- Don’t make that match – Just because the game is showing you where there’s a match, doesn’t mean you should make it. Check the grid for other matches before you commit – there might be something that’s going to work better for you.
- Don’t spend coins – Don’t throw your coins at second goes unless you’re desperate. It’s rare that those extra five moves are going to help you out that much. If you’re sure you can complete the level with them then go for it, otherwise save the cash for when you really need it.