Well then, you’ve come to the decision that you’re not quite doing well enough in Blitz Brigade: Rival Tactics? If only there was somewhere you could turn to. Some sort of list-based content that could walk you through some of the game’s core ideas and let you get a tighter grip on things.
Oh, wait, there is. And it’s right here. In this guide we’ll show you how to make the most out of the time you’re going to be spending with Gameloft’s Clash Royale-esque casual MOBA.
We’ll throw some strategies in your direction as well, and make sure you know how to use your units to the utmost of their potential. We’ll even lace the whole thing with some amazing hints that we’ve discovered during our play through of the game. No need to thank us, we’re just doing our job.
- Know your cards – It’s really important to know what your cards do. Head into the squad selection screen and read the details, that way you’re going to be sure when you chuck them out that they’re going to be useful.
- Take a beat – It’s a good idea to wait before you start throwing down units. Build up some energy so you can attack with a large force in one go. It’s a good way to swarm your enemy from the start.
- Watch the exclamation marks – Sometimes you’ll see red exclamation marks appearing above the heads of enemy units. This means that whatever unit you’ve just played has pulled their aggro and they’re going to attack it.
- Where do you drop? – Think about where you’re going to drop your units. Sometimes dropping them away from the edge of the red zone, or even behind your bases, will give them more time to attack before they come into direct contact with your foe.
- Don’t forget to upgrade – Even if you’re not using a card, sometimes it’s worth spending some of your gold on upgrading it. This is one of the easiest ways to get XP. XP gives you levels, and the higher your level the more damage your turrets and base can take before they’re destroyed.
- Think about groups – Sending units out in groups is a great idea. If you’re sending a big machine that’s going to ignore everything and head straight for a base, send it out with units that can protect it from the onslaught that it’s going to receive. Try out your own combinations and see what works for your style of play.
Hints and Tips
- Check your achievements – There are two pages on the rewards screen. One shows you the chests you’re unlocking, the other shows you your achievements. The game doesn’t tell you when you’ve completed an achievement, so check in often to see if you’ve won anything.
- Regular rewards – Check the chests to the left of the ones you’re unlocking. These get dropped regularly and are a good way to get new cards and buff up your currency coffers as well.
- Watch and learn – If you’re constantly getting beaten, keep an eye on the tactics your opponents are using. There’s a good chance you’ll be able to learn something from them that’s going to make your game better.
- Leave a chest – Always try and leave a chest unlocking when you put the game down. That way you’ll get a nice boost the next time you pick it up.