Match Land is a highly enjoyable Match-3 game from Race Cat. It has you forming a team of heroes as they track down creatures to battle before you serve them up as ingredients in your food shops. Far lighter than it sounds, it’s a fun way to enjoy some traditional Match-3 magic.
While you might be able to instantly get to grips with the basics, there’s plenty more going in the world of Match Land. Gamezebo’s Match Land Tips, Cheats and Strategies paves the way to great fame and fortune for you.
- Ok, so you want to dive right in. I get it, but please don’t. Match Land isn’t just about matching, it’s also about solving a puzzle of sorts.
- Take a look at the board. Work out how you’re going to do things. The moment you match your first set of tiles, the timer begins, so you want to get this right.
- The more tiles you match, the more the timer increases so don’t waste time doing nothing! Always be matching something.
- One great way of improving your chances is to keep to the bottom of the screen. If you create a match on the bottom line, there’s a good chance of setting off a combo by coincidentally forming matches along the way. It can make a huge difference to your chances.
- Pay attention to the color of your enemy. If you match tiles of the same color as it, you deal double damage. That’s particularly useful when things get really tough.
The Importance of Shops
- The whole point of you battling creatures is to open shops in which you use them as ingredients. The more you play, the more shops you can open, but you need to make sure you actually do this.
- Each shop has its own timer before you can collect up money. That money adds up quite fast so you want to make sure you check in often. If you leave it uncollected, it’s just a waste of time.
Leveling Up Your Heroes
- Each hero has different abilities and attributes. The more you play, the more different characters you can unlock.
- Levelling them up involves hero figurines that you acquire through regular play, along with throwing some gold into the equation too.
- Match Land does a pretty good job of informing you when you can level someone up, via an exclamation point, so keep an eye out. There’s zero advantage to not levelling them up so do it as soon as possible. It can make all the difference in battle.
- Eventually, you’ll max them out and can use Epic Heroes instead. They’re much more powerful but they’re also difficult to improve. This is where grinding is going to become an important part of your gaming life.
- Don’t be afraid to replay earlier stages. It’s your best chance of success sometimes. By replaying earlier levels, you can acquire more coins and tokens.
- Three starred a stage? You can use up some energy and instantly gain the benefits by repeating it. It’s worth doing it for some quick bonuses.
- You can use coins to buy tokens from the daily market. That might seem useful as it helps with upgrades but it’s counter intuitive. You’ll almost never feel rich when it comes to coins so you want to focus on things like improving your shops instead.