Timing is everything in Ketchapp Winter Sports. As you slide, grind, jump, and fly your way through numerous exciting winter challenges, it’s all about knowing when to hold your finger down to the screen and when to let go. With a number of different events, there’s a lot to learn here alongside the vital need for good timing.
Gamezebo’s Ketchapp Winter Sports Tips, Cheats and Strategies will help you get started. In no time at all, you’ll be sailing through the skies, and gliding across the snow with style.
The Most Basic Rule
- See the middle line on each boost position? You want to tap just as you’re gliding over it. That gives you a ‘perfect’ and immediately speeds things up. Timing is everything.
- Connected to that – practice is everything. The more you play, the better you’ll get. It’s a common rule of thumb for any rhythm based game, and Ketchapp Winter Sports is the same. Keep at it. It’ll pay off.
Know Your Sport
- Each sporting event in Ketchapp Winter Sports is quite similar, but there are still some key differences to be aware of.
- Ice Skating is the simplest of the bunch. You just want to get to the end as fast as possible. Aim to hit the boosts at just the right time and that’s all you’ve got to worry about.
- Snowboard Tricks is a mixture of boost pads and tricks. Trick ramps require you to time a tap just as your circle overlaps the white circle on the top of the ramp. Nail it, and your speed is instantly boosted. Also, keep timing your speed boosts so you hit the jump faster, gaining you even more points.
- Snowboard Grinding has you skidding along a long boost pad. Hit the screen just as you start, then let go right at the very end. Don’t overcook it, otherwise you’ll fail. Time it just right though, and your speed is massively improved.
- Skiing is a mixture of boost pads and tricks, much like with the snowboard. Work on building up your speed by getting perfects on every boost. There’s a big ramp at the end of the course and your speed will dictate how well you score on it.
Keep an Eye on the Arrow
- It’s easy to pay attention to your character because he’s colorful and happy looking. Don’t do it. Focus on the black arrow below him. That’s a much more effective way of ensuring you tap at just the right moment to gain a ‘perfect’ every time. Sure, it’s less exciting but you want more points, right?
Don’t Forget to Buy Gear
- Gear can be unlocked through gems and acquiring special boxes.
- Special boxes become available at regular points through the game, giving you some freebies along the way.
- Gear isn’t just cosmetic. It also provides you with some stat bonuses. Most of these are speed bonuses. The key here is to have a balance, ensuring you get a speed bonus for each type of sport.
- Don’t forget to check in on the achievements section often. That way, you can gain free gems, and that smug sense of satisfaction that comes from your trophies. It’s a great way of encouraging you to do more. Plus the missions are often fairly straight forward to complete.