So youâ€™ve decided that you want to take your Hot Wheels: Race Off experience to the next level. Itâ€™s understandable – despite a few problems with the game it can be an awful lot of fun. Especially if you know what youâ€™re doing. And making sure people know what theyâ€™re doing is what weâ€™re here for.
In this article weâ€™re going to walk you through the basics of the game, and then show you some Hot Wheels Race Off tips and tricksÂ that are going to ensure youâ€™re always posting the best times, pulling off the biggest airs and generally having the hottest wheels in the Hot Wheels world. Weâ€™ll also explain some of the trickier concepts in the game, and generally make sure that when the game says something you know exactly what it talks about. Basically weâ€™ve got your back, and weâ€™ll always have your back. Because youâ€™re special and we want your Hot Wheels to be the winningest Hot Wheels in the whole of the world.
- Softly, softly – If youâ€™ve ever played a Trials game then this concept is going to come pretty naturally to you. If not, you need to understand that smashing down the accelerator and hoping for the best isnâ€™t the best way to do things.
- Subtlety – Even on tracks that look simple, you need to consider subtlety. A huge ascent might look like the sort of place to drive as quickly as you can, but go too fast and youâ€™re going to start tilting back, losing grip and leaving you rolling back down to the bottom of the hill.
- Gentle fingers – When youâ€™re in the air, you need to continue the subtle touches. Tap too hard to correct your tilt and youâ€™ll start a flip. And that might look cool, but thereâ€™s a good chance that if youâ€™re flipping too much youâ€™re going to land upside down.
- Donâ€™t land upside down – This is the only way you can blow up your car. Even if you right your bounce and end up on your wheels, youâ€™re going to explode. Make sure you stay the right way up otherwise your challenge isnâ€™t going to last very long.
- Itâ€™s not game over – When you run out of fuel, the game isnâ€™t actually over. If youâ€™re rolling towards a petrol can then see if you grab it. If you do, then youâ€™ll get powered up again and be able to keep going. Definitely worth knowing.
- Donâ€™t chase the coins – Itâ€™s tempting to try and grab all the coins on every run, but thereâ€™s really no need. Youâ€™re going to get enough as you play, so focus on smashing through the levels in the most effective way possible.
- Watch your opponent – Itâ€™s a good idea to keep an eye on what your opponent is doing. Especially when the run youâ€™re playing against is one that finishes the whole track. Also check out where people die, because those are usually the tricky sections.
Hints and Tips
- Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade – Unfortunately, this is very much a game where your skills arenâ€™t going to get you through. Youâ€™ll need to make sure youâ€™re upgrading constantly. But thereâ€™s a secret to that too.
- Donâ€™t focus – You need to make sure your vehicles are being upgraded evenly. Donâ€™t just focus on speed, because balance is just as important. Upgrade bit by bit and youâ€™ll find things get much easier.
- Go back – When youâ€™ve unlocked some new tracks and your car is more powerful, then itâ€™s worth heading back to the older tracks to get the best times and the rewards that come with them.