Archery King is an arcade / sports mash-up from Miniclip that has you competing in a series of archery tournaments, attempting to earn plenty of money, to buy better gear so that you can compete in even harder challenges.
There’s a lot of skill involved in Archery King, as well as buying the right gear, so you’re going to need some guidance. Gamezebo’s Archery King Tips, Cheats and Strategies are here to provide precisely that, guiding you through the paces so you’ll win every competition going.
Know your shots
- When you’re playing the Classic/regular multiplayer mode, take your time with your shots. Don’t rush it. Yes, you’re on a timer, but it’s a pretty generous timer. Take it easy and get the shot just right.
- If you’re playing Rush mode though, well, rush. Time is everything here, so keep an eye on what mode you’re playing and adjust accordingly.
- When aiming, use small swipes and gradual tweaks to line up your shot. Archery King is pretty sensitive so you don’t want to overdo it.
- Remember to take the wind into consideration. For every point of speed, add one ring to compensate. Wind is at 1? Aim just past the 9 ring to hopefully still hit the bullseye. It’s not perfect but it’s a good rule of thumb.
The importance of equipment
- As soon as you can, buy a new bow. Better bows are more powerful. They reduce the effectiveness of the wind and distances. Don’t go nuts with upgrading too often, as things can get very expensive, but keep it in mind.
- Bow sights are also important. They determine how far you automatically zoom in while aiming. Obviously, being able to see clearly makes a big difference here, as lining up a shot doesn’t require perfect eyesight like it might otherwise.
- The vaguely titled Gear has a vague bonus – a ‘cheer up’ bonus. Don’t worry about it. It costs an insane amount to buy into and almost certainly isn’t worth saving all your gold for.
- Equipment has durability which means every time you use a bow, it goes one step nearer to needing repairing. You can enable auto repair to keep on top of it, but either way, remember it requires gold to do so.
- Arrows are expendable but it’s worth investing a little into them, as they affect wind resistance, but you want to prioritize the bow.
Don’t forget single player
- Single player is the perfect place to hone your skills. It’s risk free and sort of fun once you get past the tedious early stages.
- You can use it to master just how to pull off the perfect shot, no matter how bad the wind is.
- Consider it your practice mode, as Archery King doesn’t provide a separate practice mode.
Play Time Race
- Time Race takes a little while to unlock, but it’s valuable.
- As the name suggests, it’s a time trial mode. Even when you’re taking a break, the clock is ticking, so be fast!
- Don’t worry too much about wind calculations. Stick with your instincts and work on speed.
- Do focus on the target shots though, as you simply need to earn a certain number of points within a particular number of arrows.
- The best part about Time Race? It’s the only way you can earn cash – the game’s premium currency that makes a huge difference to your progress.