Devilian might not do anything that different from the norm, but that doesnâ€™t mean it doesnâ€™t have its own twists and foibles that you need to dig into and discover. Well you would need to do that if we werenâ€™t here. But at Gamezebo weâ€™re only too happy to step in when someoneâ€™s looking forÂ tips and tricks. To all intents and purposes, itâ€™s a pretty large part of our jobs.
In this feature weâ€™ll walk you through the basics of the game, explain some of its finer points, and make sure that when it comes down to it youâ€™re cutting up fools, rather than being the fool thatâ€™s getting cut up.
- Pick your player – The first choice youâ€™re going to make in the game involves the character youâ€™re going to play. Read into what they do before picking – thereâ€™s a good chance youâ€™ve played an RPG before so youâ€™re going to have a decent idea about which archetype does what.
- DIY or die – Itâ€™s always tempting in games like this to stick on auto-battle and let the digital mind take care of everything. To start with though, you want to avoid doing that. Mainly because youâ€™re going to want to get to grips with the mechanics of the game.
- Boss man – The smaller foes are easy to dispatch using the automated fighting system, but when it comes to the bigger bads youâ€™re going to have to use a little more cunning. And quite a lot of running away.
- Dodge smart – Itâ€™s important not to waste your dodges. Theyâ€™re on a cool-down so donâ€™t just spam them out for fun. Thereâ€™s pretty much always something coming up around the next corner, and being prepared is key.
Tips and Tricks
- Listen and learn – Thereâ€™s a lot of information to parse at the start of the game, but itâ€™s important you take your time and let it sink in. Especially when it comes to the character upgrading mechanics that make up the core of the experience.
- Spend smart – Donâ€™t throw your money away on things that arenâ€™t going to help you out in the long term. Itâ€™s tempting to go for little stat increases, but if you donâ€™t want to splurge real cash it makes more sense to grind to get better items.
- Take any advantage – If the game offers you something for free, then grab it with both hands. Youâ€™ll need these boosts to take on some of the tougher scraps that start to crop up deeper into the game.
Devils and Bust
- Fight smart – To be honest thereâ€™s not much reason to use your special moves on smaller enemies. If youâ€™re surrounded you might need to clear out the bad guys with one of your specials, but the amount of damage small enemies do to start with is negligible.
- Devil time – Your special Devilian move is going to come in handy when youâ€™re fighting against the bigger enemies. Try and keep it saved up for these moments, because youâ€™ll be able to clear them out quicker.
- Engage and combine – Always check the items you receive after a fight. Thereâ€™s a lot of vendor trash that you might want to chuck out but you can often use it to expand and improve the weapons and armour that youâ€™ve got equipped.