Battlestar Galactica: Squadrons is a card collecting RPG from Ludia. As the name suggests, itâ€™s based on the popular TV show. In this case, it does a great job of using the source material, as well as adding some new bits and pieces to the lore. Whether youâ€™re new to the Battlestar Galactica world or a huge fan, it tells a compelling storyline. Alongside that are a plethora of things to get to grips with.
Gamezeboâ€™s Battlestar Galactica: Squadrons Tips, Cheats and Strategies is here to guide you through the paces, throwing some advice your way, and getting you fully prepared to face the evil Cylon.
Knowing the Basics
- Make sure you log in frequently. Every 3 hours, you gain a free pack of cards. This means a free bronze blueprint and some resources to help you along. All for the time it takes to remember to log in every once in a while.
- Logging in every day offers you a Fleet Pack, providing you with further bonuses tied into how well youâ€™re doing in the game.
- Tylium is the energy currency thatâ€™s needed to be able to participate in battles. You can recharge it by paying for a new barrel but you donâ€™t want to do that. Wait it out. Go play another game. Save your money for another time.
- Water is used to build or upgrade your ships. Thatâ€™s a similar case with Metal, while Cubits enable you to repair your ship after losing in battle.
- Log in to Facebook for the first time and earn an easy 200 Cubits. Itâ€™ll make a huge difference to you in the long run.
- Keep your ships upgraded wherever possible, but youâ€™d be wise to specialise. Pick a ship based on what kind of attacks you prefer. I found having one ship that could repair during battle was important, while then having strong attacks from other crafts.
- The ship screen might look a little confusing, but you can hit the weapon icon on the right hand side to see what it does. Work to your strengths.
- See how your population increases after each time you succeed or add ships to your fleet? They affect the type of Fleet Pack you get each day. Itâ€™s a kind of overall score to dictate how well youâ€™re doing, so work to improve it often.
- Completing missions is important for gaining extra water, population, and other things. Just playing the game often does the trick, but youâ€™ve got to remember to check in on the objectives screen and retrieve what youâ€™ve earned.
- Focus on destroying one ship at a time. 3 weakened ships are still going to cause 3 lots of damage, so youâ€™re better off reducing that number fast.
- Forgotten what some of your weapons do? Hold your finger down on the ability icon and itâ€™ll tell you what to expect.
- If youâ€™re feeling impatient, speed up the action or even switch on autoplay. Autoplay works fairly well, although does ruin the point of playing a game.
- All the ships also include a little lore. Tap the button to learn more about whatâ€™s going on. Itâ€™s particularly great if youâ€™re a fan.
- You can also learn more by rotating around the start screen and hitting the info button. Itâ€™s all part of this story led experience and remember – the story is the best part!