Eden Gamesâ€™s Gear.Club aims to be the most realistic driving experience on iOS. While it might not quite hit those lofty targets, itâ€™s a highly enjoyable racing game.
Thereâ€™s lots to learn while you play, so Gamezeboâ€™s Gear.Club Tips, Cheats and Strategies is here to guide you through the paces so that youâ€™re sure to win every race first time.
- Starting out, you have tilt based controls as standard. These work pretty well but donâ€™t forget that you can switch to touch controls instead. Itâ€™s worth experimenting with both and seeing what feels most comfortable.
- The game sets you up with every driving aid available to you. That means braking is done automatically, slowing your car down for certain turns. It also means that anti-skid stops you sliding, while steering tweaks mean that your car moves slightly into the right path. Even accelerating is done for you at first.
- Thatâ€™s all well and good when youâ€™re starting out. You wonâ€™t even be penalised for using them. Itâ€™s not wise to keep them on at all times, though.
- If you keep them on, youâ€™ll inevitably drive slower and who wants that? Gradually turn them down and learn to drive on your own. Itâ€™ll be worth it in the long run.
- In particular, switch acceleration to manual. While itâ€™s automatic, youâ€™ll never feel truly in control anyway and whereâ€™s the fun in that?
- See that arrow line underneath where youâ€™re racing? That highlights the most efficient path for you to follow. Obviously, you want to keep to it as much as you can. (Sort of)
- When itâ€™s green, it means you can speed up as fast as you can. Yellow means you should be slowing a little, while red means hit the brakes. Youâ€™re going too fast! Pay attention.
- Sometimes though, donâ€™t worry about ignoring the line. Everyone else is sticking to it so sometimes youâ€™re better off deviating, and cutting ahead of the opposition.
- Donâ€™t go nuts against your opponents. If you get too much damage, youâ€™ll have to repair your car in the workshop which costs money and slows you down. Hitting your opponents just slows you both down anyway. Keep clear of them and enjoy a clean race. Ok, maybe with the occasional nudge, but nothing heavy handed, ok?
- After youâ€™ve been playing for a while, temporary events known as â€˜flashâ€™ events pop up. These only last so long and theyâ€™re pretty tough to win. On the plus side, you get a ton of rewards for doing so, including things like the premium currency – Gold. Give them a shot and keep working towards winning.
- There are lots of options for what to upgrade but the solution is actually pretty clear. Speed is everything. You can make up for other things through good driving, but nothing beats accelerating faster than your opponent.
- That means work on improving your engine first, then the gearbox, then start tweaking the rest.
- Donâ€™t forget to collect your rewards. Gear.Club is another game that requires you to actively pick them up by viewing your achievements. Itâ€™s easy to forget. Often, youâ€™ll earn cash or gold bars through doing so.
- Log in every day and youâ€™ll earn more cash and gold this way too. Rewinds are acquirable this way too, which is always useful. Eventually, youâ€™ll even win a car.