Best Fiends Forever is the latest title from Seriously. Taking the cute characters from Best Fiends, it turns the franchise into an idle clicker game. Simple to learn, thereâ€™s still plenty of bits and pieces to get to grips with if you want to be the best hero out there.
Gamezeboâ€™s Best Fiends Forever Tips, Cheats and Strategies has you covered with a plethora of advice to get you started.
Getting to know your characters
- Each character is really rather cute in a weird sort of way. You might well develop a favorite amongst the bunch. Hereâ€™s a secret about them – all you should pay attention to is their numbers.
- If they cost more to level up, thatâ€™s because theyâ€™re better than the others. But, you want to keep things balanced, and thereâ€™s a key thing that means cheaper characters are sometimes better.
- Level up any character to a multiple of 10 and their damage output is multiplied by 5. That can make a huge difference to even the lowliest of heroes. Focus on getting to that multiple wherever possible, even if they seem briefly weaker than other options.
- Also, donâ€™t forget to level up their abilities. Itâ€™s often quite expensive to do so, but it makes a huge difference when you activate them. Donâ€™t worry about remembering amounts. The game will put an exclamation mark next to the icon to show you when itâ€™s possible.
- You can leave a lot of Best Fiends Forever running to do its own thing, much like with other clicker games. There are some things to be aware of, though.
- Keep an eye out for coin chests. Tap one of these and you gain some easy money for not really doing anything.
- See a barrel or thing that looks like it can drop down on your enemies? Guess what? It can! Hit it with your finger and watch as the damage knocks your enemy down a peg or two.
- Golden helicopters fly around every once in a while. These typically provide you with a 1 or 2 minute bonus such as extended damage, or an instant reward such as a bundle of gold to use straight away. You can watch an ad to double the timer or amount too.
- Ads are also useful for expanding the amount of gold you earn when youâ€™ve been away from the game for a while. Donâ€™t forget to suffer an ad or two every once in a while. The money adds up.
most efficient time to â€˜resetâ€™ with portal is when you hit a block with a boss – do so then use gems on souvenirs that boost your damage or coin gain.
Whatâ€™s the point of gems?
- Best Fiends Forever is pretty good at throwing gems your way. They might be the premium currency but through a mixture of good special offers and general free rewards, you should be able to stockpile quite a few.
- One easy route to free gems is to complete the challenges. These are typically things like defeating x number of slugs or reaching a certain point in the game. They add up fast.
- You can gain free gems through logging into Facebook or tweeting about the game too.
- Gems can be used to buy lots of things. You can use them to buy a quick coin boost, giving you 1, 3 or 7 days worth of coins in one swoop.
- You can buy bombs too, which inflict huge damage on your enemies. Bear in mind though, bombs can also be earned (rarely) through hitting helicopters.
- The best use for gems is to buy permanent increases such as 2x damage and 2x coins. You can even double up the soul type gems you earn when you â€˜resetâ€™ via the portal. This costs a lot but itâ€™s useful.
- The portal is used to â€˜resetâ€™ the game. By doing so, you gain a bunch of â€˜soulâ€™ gems which can be used to buy souvenirs. Souvenirs are then used to boost your damage output or give you more coins each time you play.
- Effectively, by resetting, you start again but even stronger than before.
- You want to do this every time you feel like youâ€™ve reached a plateau and bosses have become too hard to defeat. Itâ€™ll make your progression that bit faster despite initially seeming like the opposite is occurring.