Pumped BMX 3 is the third (and supposedly final) installment of Yeah Us!â€™s highly enjoyable Pumped BMX series. Itâ€™s a tricky but satisfying game that has you trying to nail various tricks while riding your bike across short courses.
Gamezeboâ€™s Pumped BMX 3 Tips, Cheats and Strategies are here to give you some assistance as you get to grips with things.
- Replay the tutorial a few times to truly master things. Itâ€™s a fairly simple layout, meaning itâ€™s the perfect place for you to master how things feel as you fly through the air.
- Kind of like Tiny Wings, momentum is everything. Sometimes, youâ€™re better off not nailing a small trick. Instead, using that time going over a ramp to build up some speed for a bigger leap.
- Spins are one of the main moves available to you. Simply tapping the spin button has you performing a slow spin, while holding speeds things up massively. Adjust accordingly. If youâ€™ve got a big gap to clear, you should be good to pull off a hefty spin. Only a small leap involved? Donâ€™t overdo it!
- Remember to release the pump button just after youâ€™ve taken off. Itâ€™s not needed at this point, and you want to hit it again as youâ€™re landing.
- More importantly, if you keep holding pump while going through the air, it slows you down which isnâ€™t a good idea when clearing a big jump.
- Remember to keep an eye on each level objective. Ideally, you want to aim to complete a few of these over time. Knowing what move is expected of you helps a ton, although you can always have fun simply messing around.
More Advanced Tricks
- Tweaking the joystick will activate various moves such as no hands or a tail whip. Itâ€™s good for building up some points quickly, especially when negotiating a small drop.
- The more you play, the more youâ€™ll realize that certain joystick moves work better with different jumps. No-hander is particularly good when dealing with a small drop, as your bike isnâ€™t tilted at the time.
- Tilting your iPhone can help with points too. Doing so will often invoke a flip or two, which can be great in conjunction with other moves.
- Donâ€™t go crazy with the leaning though. Go slowly. Pumped BMX 3 is twitchy and itâ€™s easy to overdo a move, and have to restart.
- In later stages, linking together tricks is a key way to get the best medals.
- Also, donâ€™t forget the T2 tricks. You can switch between easier tricks called T1 and higher scoring T2 tricks. Theyâ€™re harder to control, but your points will fly through the roof if you nail them.
- Whatever trick youâ€™re pulling, make sure you land safely. Landing flat and even is vital otherwise youâ€™ll screw up and fail the level. It is possible to finish off with a manual, but itâ€™s a lot safer if both wheels are on the ground.
Know YourÂ Tracks
- Donâ€™t be afraid to repeat a level over and over again. itâ€™s the perfect way to master them, and gradually improve upon earlier scores.
- Having said that, if youâ€™re not enjoying it, Pumped BMX 3 opens up new levels pretty readily, so you can always go back and forth. Sometimes, a break can help.