Let’s just take a moment and reflect on the fact that it’s 2016 and we’re stomping about in giant mechs firing rockets at each other. It’s a sad state of affairs all told, but videogames offer some scant relief. Especially games like Color Bots, which is a simple shooter starring some big robots. But what if you want to be the very best giant color-swapping robot that the world has ever seen? What can you do?
Well you could start by reading the Color Bots tips, cheats and strategies in this here article. Sure, we can’t strap you into the cockpit of an enormous metal monster, but we can make sure you’re beating back digital invaders with ease.
- Small moves – It’s easy to do dramatic swipes when you’re trying to change color, but you only need to make the tiniest line and you’ll change to one of the four hues. More movement means more risk that things will go wrong.
- Change then move – If you’re jumping to a new lane and changing color at the same time, change first rather than trying to do everything at once. It’ll only take a split second more, and you’re less likely to break your combo.
- Combo, combo, combo – With than in mind, your focus should be on making sure you keep your combo rolling. You’ll get way more currency, and since the combo stacks over multiple levels there’s no reason you can’t keep it going indefinitely.
- Boss fights – The boss fights are the weakest link in the game, but there are ways you can make them more interesting. For instance, they’re the best time to use your constant fire. When you’ve got space to breathe, position yourself under the spaceship and shoot it for all its worth.
- Comb-no – Don’t worry too much about your combo here, because if you try and keep it running smoothly the screen is going to fill with enemies and you’re going to have to deal with them rather than chipping away at the health of the boss.
- Special moves – The boss fights are the best time to unleash your special moves. They can give you the time and space you need to do some serious damage to the spaceship while not worrying about the encroaching enemies.
- Take your time – It’s tempting to blast everything by holding your finger down. Save this for the bosses though. Count the shots you’ve used, know where you’re going next and try not to panic. You’ve got plenty of time to take down the waves coming for you.
- Prioritize – Some aliens only need one shot to take down. Some need multiple shots. If the bad guys are getting closer take out the tough ones first, then focus on mopping up the weaker ones when things are looking a little safer. Remember some aliens are faster as well.
- Check the level – Each levels gives you a lot of information before you start. For example you can find out the mix of the enemy hues you’re going to be dealing with, and a counter in the top right hand of the screen will tell you how many monsters you’ve got left to kill.
- Spend wisely – Don’t forget to upgrade your bot. At the same time if you’re finding a level difficult it’s worth heading back to earlier challenges to grind out some extra currency to spend on one of the different robots you can buy.