Well, you’ve decided you want to be the finest tank pilot in all of creation. What do you do next? What steps do you need to take to make sure that you’re constantly at the top of the diep.io leaderboards?
You could start by reading this handy guide that we’ve cobbled together for you. With these hints, tips and strategies you’ll be running rings around the rest, knocking out all the shapes and dodging bullets like you were born in a turret.
It might not be the most complex game in the world, but there are definitely tactics you can use to get the upper hand. And our diep.io Tips, Cheats and Strategies guide puts them in a handy list-form for your perusing pleasure.
- Keep on the move – This is probably the most important tip we can share. Staying still will lead to an untimely death, so make sure you’re always on the go. It gives you the best options for offence and defence.
- Stay humble – In the early stages of every play through you need to make sure you’re not biting off more than you can chew. If one of the big tanks spots you, get out of there as quickly as you can or you’re going to end up dead.
- Keep shooting – There’s no need to stop shooting, so make sure you’ve always got your thumb on the shooting stick and blast out as many bullets as possible.
- Who are you? – Check the leaderboards to see your power level compared to other players. It’s a good way to figure out which tanks you’ll be able to take on and which tanks you should run away from.
- Change the shots – You can head to the settings menu to change the way your shooting stick works. Setting it to keep firing all the time gives you an advantage.
Hints and Tips
- Upgrade smart – Try and keep your upgrades at roughly the same level. Your first choices should involve health and damage, but try and make sure you’re spreading your points equally over all of your stats.
- Pick a turret – Experiment with the different turrets that you unlock as you get deeper into the game. Find the one that suits your play style and stick with it. Knowing what your weapon does and how it works is key to succeeding.
- More sides, more points – Look for groups of shapes, especially ones with more sides than the others. Clear them up as quickly as you can and you’ll see your XP bar filling up pretty darn sharpish.
- Strafe and shoot – When you decide it’s time to take on some other tanks, the best method of attack is to try and circle them, firing as you do. You don’t even need to be able to see them, you’ll be able to see where they are from the trail of bullets they’re blasting out.
- Use the edges – You can push through the barrier at the edge of the level. You won’t go very far, but you can use the extra room that it gives you to either make an escape or position yourself for a better attack.
- Keep playing – Make sure you stick to your guns and keep playing. You’ll get a bonus if you jump straight back into another game after you’ve died, so use that to your advantage to claim the top spot on the leaderboards.