Perchang is a brilliant puzzle game, and from time to time it’s going to leave you scratching your head. That’s a perfectly natural reaction, it doesn’t mean you’re allergic to anything, it just means you’re a bit confused.
And clearing up confusion is what we do around these parts. That and playing mobile games. Combine the two and you’re left with this here article.
We’re going to give you all the Perchang tips, cheats and strategies we’ve figured out while playing to ensure that you’re getting a gold medal every time you play.
- Don’t have to catch ’em all – While there is a focus on speed in Perchang, one thing you need to understand from the start is that you don’t need to snaffle all the balls that are dropping. More often than not on tougher levels that’s going to be impossible.
- Practice makes perfect – Don’t fret if you don’t pass a level on the first go. Some of them take a good chunk of working out. If you grab a couple of balls then you should be all set for a proper attempt the next time round.
- Experiment as well – You can complete some of the levels in less complex ways. Look for shortcuts, see if they work, and if they do you’ll be well on the way to bagging a gold. Which is what we all want.
- What does it do? – Knowing what everything does is a good way to get a headstart on a level. Pay attention to the tutorial levels and as the timer counts down make a note of what pieces of equipment you’ve been given to finish the challenge with.
- Portal fun – Remember that you can’t just keep the portals open. They’ll run out of charge after a short while and just become holes. Turn them on when you need them, keep them off when you don’t.
- Sticky walls – Sticky walls will stop a ball, but not if it’s going too fast, they’re just not that good. So if you’re flicking a ball in the direction of a wall, try and make sure you’re not twanging it off at great speed, otherwise you’re just going to have to wait for another ball.
- Bounce boosts – Just making a ball bouncier by passing it through one of these rings isn’t enough. You’re going to need to get the angle of entry right as well, otherwise your ball will just fly off in the wrong direction, and that’s far from ideal.
- A big fan – More often than not having the fans on at full pelt will ruin your chances of finishing a level. You need to be gentle with them, letting out blasts of air rather than a constant stream.
Tips and Tricks
- Remember, remember – If a cannon shot ends up exactly where you want it to go, then make sure you check the power you used to fire it. Repeat that next time and you’re on to a winner.
- Switch your colors – If you’re repeatedly failing a level, try changing the colors of some bits of equipment. Even something as simple as switching control from your right thumb to your left can sometimes give better results.
- Move on – If you’re stuck on a level there’s probably another one you can move on to, so long as you’re not on the fourth of a set of five. Come back to the level you’re stuck on and you’ll probably find you’ve learned a new skill that will help you out.