Godfinger 2 is the sort of game you could easily lose hours of your life to. And if that’s something you fancy, then you might want to spend your time as productively as possible.
And that’s where we come in. Below you’ll find some handy Godfinger 2 tips, cheats and strategies that will ensure you’re getting the most out of your time as a digit-wiggling deity. Follow these and in no time at all you’ll find yourself with a thriving community of followers at your beck and call, each one slightly more adorable than the last.
- Think about where you put things – While you can redesign your world on the fly, a little thought goes a long way. Try and keep fields together, that way you’ll make better use of your rain spell. It takes less than a single charge to water one field, but once you press your finger down the clouds won’t stop dripping until you lift it again. If your fields are spread out over your planet you’ll be wasting a lot of water.
- Don’t forget about trees – Plants make nice decorations for your worshippers, but you’ll also need to make sure you’ve got plenty of trees. Not only will you need the wood they produce for fulfilling the prayers of your minions, you’ll also use it to build new factories.
- Let them have a chat – If you’ve got worshippers on multiple levels, try and move them around from time to time so they can interact with one another. You’ll get extra worship points if they bump into each other and start gabbing, so it’s well worth it.
- Make the right choice – Picking the right minion for the right job will give you a handy boost. Check their profile to see which job they’re best suited for, and make sure you use them accordingly. Worshippers can do anything, but it’s worth ensuring you’re using them to the best of their abilities.
- Keep a steady supply – Your fields will stop producing after 20 harvests, but it’s important to make sure you’ve got a regular supply of crops so you can create items your worshippers need. Set aside a chunk of your world to grow things on, and make sure there’s always something sprouting.
- Pick the right time – If a building is going to take a few hours to build, and you don’t want to spend any gems speeding it up, make setting a minion to build it the last task you perform before you stop playing. That way when you come back to the game you’ll have the new building ready and waiting for you.
- If you’re given the opportunity to watch a video to speed something up or get an extra reward, then take it. The same goes for filling up your mana. It might be a slight inconvenience, but it’s thirty seconds and once you’re done you can get back to playing.
- Go visiting – The extra rewards you can gain from visiting friend’s worlds are pretty good, so make sure you’re popping in on them as regularly as you can. If you’re the sort who doesn’t mind sharing things on Facebook, then posting updates from your worshippers will get you extra points as well.
- Tap the red dots – When something new happens, you’ll see a red dot with the word “new” in one of the menus. Often it’ll just be a new type of building you’ve unlocked, but there are challenges to complete that give you extra currency, so it’s worth having a look.
- Learn what they want – Tapping on your temple will let you quickly find out what it is your minions are after. Focus your production on fulfilling as many active prayers as you can. It’s a much wiser use of your time than just making whatever you fancy.