Thumb Drift is an enjoyable and tricky arcade racing game from SMG Studio. Itâ€™s all about drifting around corners for the sake of collecting coins. Gamzeboâ€™s Thumb Drift Tips, Cheats and Strategies will help you get the best out of every attempt.
Take it easy
- You played Thumb Drift once and overdid it with your thumb manipulation, right? Weâ€™ve all been there. Take it slowly. Drag that thumb or finger around gently. Donâ€™t rush it. Just ease yourself around a corner. Thumb Drift rewards subtle changes, rather than anything too dramatic. A fast movement just tends to send you straight into a barrier.
- Overdid it once, but somehow hanging on for dear life? Like when youâ€™re driving on ice, donâ€™t overdo it. Ease yourself back into the game! A series of quick movements is a recipe for disaster, so donâ€™t even try it. Take it smoothly. Itâ€™s the only way youâ€™re going to be able to recover.
- If youâ€™re not drifting with your thumb, your car straightens out by itself. Use this knowledge to your advantage, as you carefully regain control. Thatâ€™s the theory, at least.
- You donâ€™t have to take every corner like a pro. Sometimes, youâ€™re better off taking a straight path through the bends. Youâ€™ll probably miss out on some coins, but itâ€™s a useful tactic if your focus is to gain more distance on this run.
Staying on the track helps (but isnâ€™t essential)
- Some tracks offer some room away from the actual course. Itâ€™s not much and you want to be careful, but sometimes, racing over the grass is just what you need when taking a tight corner. Look out for obstacles though, especially cows! On the plus side, you can gain an achievement for hitting a cow.
Learn the first track
- The first track – Gymkhana – isnâ€™t randomized. It always has the same layout, so use that to your advantage and learn what to expect. You wonâ€™t get this luxury for long though, as future tracks are completely randomized.
Keep on playing
- The more distance you cover, the sooner you unlock a new track. Itâ€™s fun to check out the new tracks and some of them feel a little easier to deal with. Keep chipping away, and youâ€™ll soon unlock everything. One of those tracks will be â€˜yourâ€™ track, appealing to your senses just right.
Donâ€™t worry about coins
- Coins are great to collect. They help you buy new cars after all, but donâ€™t worry if you donâ€™t collect them all at once. Coin placement is random, meaning some times youâ€™ll play and thereâ€™ll be a huge selection easily accessible. Other times, theyâ€™ll require you to take a corner perfectly, and thatâ€™s way trickier to do!
- Often, when youâ€™ve collected plenty of coins, youâ€™ll be asked if you want to watch an advert in exchange for a 2x coin multiplier. Do it. Use that time relaxing before you play again. Ok, it can be a little boring to watch, but double the coins means youâ€™ll get to buy a new car twice as quickly.
Complete the missions
The missions are pretty simple. Theyâ€™re usually focused on covering a certain distance or collecting a set amount of coins. Focus on these and enjoy the fact youâ€™ll earn an â€˜easyâ€™ 50 coins, just for completing something in the game.