Sandstorm: Pirate Wars is Ubisoftâ€™s other pirate game, with you attempting to survive in a post-apocalyptic world thatâ€™s quite reminiscent of Mad Max. Itâ€™s a tough world out there, and thereâ€™s plenty to do. So, to get you started, Gamezebo has some great Sandstorm: Pirate Wars tips, cheats and strategies to help youÂ survive the wasteland.
- Your sand-cruiser is everything when it comes to keeping you safe and successful. Make sure you look after it. Repair it as and when it needs fixing.
- Make sure your weapon loadout is ready for any eventuality too. You donâ€™t want it unbalanced and leaving you vulnerable.
Knowing your weapons
- Each weapon offers different advantages and disadvantages. Get to know them.
- The minigun does light damage, but it can get through your enemyâ€™s shields. Use that to your advantage, and focus on their weaponry with it.
- The laser is great and accurate, but it sucks at getting through shields. Wipe out the shields first, then use the laser for pinpoint accuracy.
- The Grapeshot is unlocked fairly early on. Itâ€™s a projectile weapon that will pierce shields pretty well, but you canâ€™t choose what it targets. As a free for all kind of weapon though, itâ€™s pretty good.
- Rockets work a lot like the Grapeshot, but they can be taken out by flares, so you want to wipe those out with something else first.
- The Blaster is great for heavy damage pretty much everywhere, but take those shields out first to really do a good job.
The little things in the heat of battle
- You can switch off auto-fire, giving you more control of what you do. This is a wise move once youâ€™ve got to grips with the controls, but donâ€™t forget to tap when you want to attack!
- Weapon Rage is your special attack. It recharges regularly so use it whenever you can. It can make a huge difference in battle.
Defending your honor
- Defense is the best form of attack, right? Well, kind of. Shields and flares are everything here.
- Your shield will block damage from weapons like lasers and beams, but not everything. You donâ€™t have to activate them though. They work passively. Make sure theyâ€™re frequently upgraded though, so that they keep you alive for long enough.
- Flares will help you against any heat producing weapon. They block the damage coming your way. You only have a limited number though, so donâ€™t expect to rely on them.
Buying a new sand-cruiser
- Each sand cruiser has an advantage to it. The Raven is what you start out with, but after working your way through Chapter 2, you can buy a Gecko.
- The Gecko has a booster move that heals all your systems gradually for a short time.
- After that, during chapter 3, you can unlock the Alytes and the Sturgeon. The Alytes can turn drones into projectile weapons, while the Sturgeon transfers health into energy, giving you more room to attack.
Keep chipping away
- Keep completing missions! There are plenty on offer here. You can gain story based missions to pursue, daily missions, and even go to the cityâ€™s Tavern to get more.
- Donâ€™t take too many on as itâ€™ll make life much harder for you, but keep chipping away at them. Theyâ€™re great for gaining currency to buy more upgrades, grow stronger, and, well, you get the idea.