Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade is a free to play on-rails shooter from Pixel Toys. It utilizes the iPhone 6sâ€™s 3D touch capabilities, as well as plenty of free to play elements, but thereâ€™s more to it than just that. Gamezeboâ€™s Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade Tips, Cheats and Strategies will provide you with some useful ways to strike down your enemies.
Getting to grips
- Get used to shooting a lot. Thatâ€™s your main form of interaction. This isnâ€™t a tale of negotiation by any means.
- Short controlled bursts are your best form of attack so that you donâ€™t overheat your weapon needlessly.
- Holding down harder activate your heavy weapon. Itâ€™s great but needs some recharging so donâ€™t overuse it! Take it easy and work on using your main weapon for troops and the heavy weapon for tanks and structures.
- In melee combat, time your hits carefully. A critical hit requires you to tap just as the lines meet the very middle. If you donâ€™t trust your timing, stick to regular hits by tapping as soon as you enter the general hit area.
- Donâ€™t forget you can block rocket attacks with your shield. This is done through tapping on the blue circle that appears around an enemy about to fire. It can make all the difference between life and death.
- When there are a lot of enemies to attack at once, focus on the ones that can inflict most damage on you. Thatâ€™s usually the biggest enemy, although sometimes aiming a flurry of gunfire at a tightly woven group of enemy troops is better.
Earn your keep
- As you play, your structural integrity drops. Eventually, youâ€™ll need to repair in order to be competent again. You can either spend gold, wait it out, or watch a video. Iâ€™d suggest the video where possible.
- Watching ads also gives you free ore, which can be used to upgrade your weapons and armor. Itâ€™s not a bad sacrifice for 30 seconds of your time.
- Continuing the theme, you can watch videos before battle and earn boosts relating to experience or a power benefit. It can make all the difference in battle, so itâ€™s worth doing.
- Keep forging items. It can be done fairly simply with the game suggesting what to use, and what pieces of equipment are at their weakest. Donâ€™t forget to leave timers running while you go play something else or run some errands.
- Donâ€™t be afraid to replay missions. None of them take long to complete, weighing in at a few minutes at most, but you can earn more experience as well as ore and equipment this way.
- The game loves to tell you what you could earn by replaying stages so listen to it! Itâ€™ll save you time if thereâ€™s something in particular you want.
- Each time you level up, you gain extra hit points which means you can withstand more damage. Itâ€™s as useful as it sounds.
- Remember to hit auto equip on your load out so that you have the best gear equipped before battle. Having said that, sometimes you might want to tweak your weaponry load out to suit your style of play. This is particularly important when youâ€™re stuck on a mission as it might simply be that you play differently to how the game expects you to.
- You can always customize the look of your machine. Sure, it doesn’t make you tougher, but it looks cooler!