Amazing Battle Creatures is monster breeding / battling game from Glu Games. In this game, you hatch your very own stable of fantastic creatures and pit them against rivals to become the master of monster training. Gamezeboâ€™s Amazing Battle Creatures Tips, Cheats and StrategiesÂ will provide you with some tips and hints that will help you claw your way to the top.
- Elemental strengths and weaknesses apply – Like most monster breeding / battling games, Amazing Battle Creatures adheres to a “Rock-Paper-Scissors” mechanic wherein on element is more powerful than another. Plant-types are strong against water-types, but weak against fire-types. Fire-types are strong against plant-types, but weak against water-types. There are other types to deal with, including robot-types, dragon-types, and void-types. If you’re ever confused about which types are strongest in a particular fight, pay attention to your monsters’ attack icons. If an elemental attack is more or less effective against a particular enemy, an arrow pointing up or down will let you know how effective (or ineffective) the attack is.
- The icon representing each level gives you a hint as to what kind of monsters are within – Since elemental advantages are so important in Amazing Battle Creatures, make a point of paying attention to the ground icon that marks each level. It gives you an idea of what kind of creatures are within. Adjust your line-up accordingly.
- Don’t forget to change your target before you strike – Your monsters will automatically attack the creature directly across from them. If you’re looking to finish off a monster that requires more than one hit, make sure to switch to it before attacking. Otherwise, you may have three monsters attacking you during their turn instead of just two.
- Start breeding stronger monsters ASAP – As soon as you have access to monster DNA, start breeding! It doesn’t cost anything; it only takes time (which can be shortened with the “Speed Up” power-up you sometimes earn through battle). You should be able to put some second-tier monsters in your line-up before the game gets very difficult.
- Replay old missions for more sparks – Sparks are necessary for leveling-up your creatures, but it can be difficult to nab enough to keep your team in fighting shape. Try replaying old missions to grab more sparks.
- Have a mix of elemental monsters on-hand – While the icon preceding each level indicates what kind of elemental monster you can expect to see most of, that doesn’t mean others aren’t present. It’s never a bad idea to have a bit of variety on your team.
- Use your sparks sparingly on first-tier monsters – You can use a handful of sparks on your first-tier monsters to unlock some useful moves, but don’t bother maxing them out. You can start breeding second-tier monsters quite early in the game, and the majority of your sparks should go to these powerhouses.
- Play PvP for sparks – Playing PvP (tap the green bar at the bottom of your monster line-up screen) is a good way to earn sparks. The longer your winning streak, the more sparks you earn. Be careful: Your opponents get progressively harder as the streak endures.
- Dispose of grass-types first when possible – Beware of plant-types! They often possess potent healing spells capable of restoring their teammates’ hit points. Dispose of them as soon as possible – a fire-type move will make short work of them.