In this life, only three things are inevitable: death, taxes, and Beamdog “Enhanced Editions” of classic Dungeons & Dragons games.
In addition to presenting the original game in it’s entirety, the game’s official website is promising a bunch of new content:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- A new “Story Mode” difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
The game is already in beta, and while they’re not commiting to a release date yet, the developers say we can explect Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition “likely within a month” on iOS, Android and desktops.