Game Introduction – Fairway Solitaire Blast
Fairway Solitaire Blast is, as you can probably guess, a solitaire game. It’s the latest in the popular franchise from Big Fish Games. Gamezebo’s strategy guide will give you all of the tips and tricks you’ll need to help these card-carrying gophers take back their beloved golf course.
Tips and Strategies
- Plan your moves before you make them – If you’re the type of player that has a 5 and clicks on the first 4 or 6 they see, you’re not going to get very far in Fairway Solitaire. Take the long approach – what’s the largest chain of cards you can clear using only what’s on the screen right now? If your 5 can connect to a “4, 3, 4, 3, 2, A, K, A” instead of “6, 7, done”, it only takes a little planning to play the right cards.
- Always try to reveal more cards – Let’s say you have a 5, and you have three 4s to pick from as your next play. Two of those 4s have nothing underneath them, but the third has 2 unrevealed cards. THAT’S THE ONE YOU CHOOSE.
- You only have 30 cards for all three “strokes” – Every hole is made up of three rounds of solitaire. If you’ve cleared the first round but used up most of your cards in the process… you’re going to have a bad time.
- Don’t be afraid to use bonus cards – You’ll only be allowed to keep one of each bonus card in your hand at a time, so if you don’t play them when you can, you’ll see new power cards go straight from your deck to the trash. Use them as soon as you can, but…
- Don’t waste your bonus cards – Know each bonus card and what it does. Your joker, for example, will let you match any card on the screen. If you can make a different match with the cards you have, don’t use the Joker. Similarly, if you’re stuck, but playing the Joker won’t lead to a chain of cards, you may as well keep it in your deck and draw the next card.
- Time power cards perfectly – As you remove cards from the playing field, you’re going to reveal some special cards that – when activated – will have a unique effect on the cards around it. A bomb will remove surrounding cards, for example, while a worm will make its way across its row and remove the cards it passes. Don’t wait to use these cards until their effects are useless, but also, don’t use these cards if you can make a match with what’s in your hand. It’s a tough balancing act.
- Don’t miss a match – With plenty of cards in play, it can be easy to dispose of a card when you should have used it. The game does a good job of letting you know you’ve bonked it up (the card shakes, and the crowd makes a sad “he missed the putt” type groan) – but there’s more to missing a match than theatrics. Some levels have mission objectives that require you to get a streak of so many cards; botching a match can sink your whole round. And if you play 52 cards in a row without making a mistake, you can trigger “Flawless Mode” to get 2x the points.
- Ask for lives – The energy system in Fairway Solitaire Blast is analogous to the energy system in King games like Candy Crush Saga. You’ll have five lives, and you’ll only lose one when you fail. And you will fail. You can wait for those lives to refill on their own, but hey – that’s what friends are for!
Congratulations! You’ve just completed Gamezebo’s strategy guide to get you started in Fairway Blast Solitaire. Best of luck on the greens!